Football thread 13

Calibandar

EPL:

Spurs, can they win again and be top of the league? What about Chelski?

Serie A has started this weekend as well. Start of the season, 3 major candidates. Inter once again? Or Juve, having bought the talented playmaker Diego from Werder Bremen and retained it's squad, with Amauri, Iaquinta, Trezeguet and 35 year old Del Piero as attacking options.

And then there is Milan, who have lost Kaka but were able to keep Pirlo from leaving as well. They have youngsters Huntelaar and Pato upfront, and new manager without experience Leonardo has said it's now or never for Ronaldinho, who will have to step up big time after 2 crap seasons in a row and regain the silver lining on his career, filling Kaka's shoes.

Primera Division starts next week. Loras has been understandably quiet of late, maybe he will fill us in with rumours and details there.

French league is underway as well and ................ ah now I see you guys nodding off.

Ah, that explains it, then. I haven't seen the highlights program yet, but if it's anything onto MotD, I'll be avoiding it.

The problem is Steve Claridge and the fact that they have more than thirty games to cover. If you can be bothered to watch the whole thing you'll see some spectacular goals but the highlights get put on the website on Monday morning. There's also some woman who reads out e-mails but the fan contributions they get are nothing compared to what people text/e-mail in to Radio Scotland's Open All Mics program.

The problem is Steve Claridge and the fact that they have more than thirty games to cover. If you can be bothered to watch the whole thing you'll see some spectacular goals but the highlights get put on the website on Monday morning. There's also some woman who reads out e-mails but the fan contributions they get are nothing compared to what people text/e-mail in to Radio Scotland's Open All Mics program.

I used to watch Five live's 606, which was entertaining, but haven't done so in a while. Does anyone else follow any good football talk-shows?

I used to watch Five live's 606, which was entertaining, but haven't done so in a while. Does anyone else follow any good football talk-shows?
Do you mean, you used to listen to it? I used to listen when David Mellor hosted it. Wow, that makes me feel old.

I'm going to admit to feeling a tiny bit sick at the news that Owen scored for united. I think it was a bit unreal to me up to that point.

Are there any other Arsenal supporters out there who are f*arked off F*arked off F*ARKED OFF at Adebayor's two smashing strikes this season? I cannot recall him making ANY moves like that all of last season. I don't think the balls or support he is getting so far are any better then the service offered at the Arse. *Shaking my head at what a WANkER he is* wanker wanker wanker. I believe this proves without a doubt that he is just a lazy c*unt (haha whoops) and was simply not putting in the effort last season. wanker. Am not going to reiterate the numerous comments that nobody loves a sulk, but seriously, nobody loves a sulk. Especially a lazy one. With bad hair. Bad bad hair. Arsenal made him. But he will be forever remembered as a merc with manc.

I don't really like 606 because the callers only get about 30 seconds to say something. It's especially bad when Steve Claridge is on because he listens to the caller then talks about something different.

Werder-Gladbach 3-0

Wolfsburg-Hamburg 2-4

Bochum-Hertha 1-0

Leverkusen are still top of the league, followed by Hamburg and Schalke. Bayern are already five points off the pace and sit at 14th. It's shaping up to be an interesting season.

Are there any other Arsenal supporters out there who are f*arked off F*arked off F*ARKED OFF at Adebayor's two smashing strikes this season? I cannot recall him making ANY moves like that all of last season. I don't think the balls or support he is getting so far are any better then the service offered at the Arse. *Shaking my head at what a WANkER he is* wanker wanker wanker. I believe this proves without a doubt that he is just a lazy c*unt (haha whoops) and was simply not putting in the effort last season. wanker. Am not going to reiterate the numerous comments that nobody loves a sulk, but seriously, nobody loves a sulk. Especially a lazy one. With bad hair. Bad bad hair. Arsenal made him. But he will be forever remembered as a merc with manc.

It won't last. He'll get found out.

Are there any other Arsenal supporters out there who are f*arked off F*arked off F*ARKED OFF at Adebayor's two smashing strikes this season?

I think most Arsenal supporters should be mollified by the gunners' 12 goals in three games so far!

In other news...

Chelsea moving from strength to strength. Ancellotti still chopping and changing. Ballack back at defensive mid, for more of a 4-2-3-1.

What Carleton Cole gives, Carleton Cole takes away... ^_^

Everton... The start of this season reminds me a lot of the Berbetov saga last season. Moyes should have moved Lescott sooner. Will he be able to find a new center back before the end of the window?

Hahaha, yes! :leaving:

Adebayor does look rather useful in front of goal, but it won't last.

*waiting in anticipation for the day he decides that city and it's fans don't appreciate him enough. coincidentally at the same time as his goals drying up and him wandering around up front, lost and forlorn like a boy among men on the field*

and how did he manage to stay free of the arsenal curse (relatively)? couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Bit of an aside, but check out this article. It's by a guy called Tim Vickery, who writes for BBC Sport. I've read his articles time and time again, and he's one of the few (imo) who continually writes insightful and interesting posts. Check him out. :thumbsup:

Bit of an aside, but check out this article. It's by a guy called Tim Vickery, who writes for BBC Sport. I've read his articles time and time again, and he's one of the few (imo) who continually writes insightful and interesting posts. Check him out. :thumbsup:
She doesn't speak much English (though she can now chant 'Who are you?

:lol:

Are there any other Arsenal supporters out there who are f*arked off F*arked off F*ARKED OFF at Adebayor's two smashing strikes this season? I cannot recall him making ANY moves like that all of last season.

Who needs Adebayor when you've got Gallas? Not only has he bagged three goals in three games, he's proved he is a very versatile player by scoring with his head, his back and even his face! That is a sign of a quality striker.

Archived