Women in combat, bad/good idea?

OldLordPlumm

Again, the point of this is not to argue about whether all women can be in the infantry, whether most women can be in the infantry, or whether the average woman can be in the infantry. It's about whether any woman can.

So it just seems like a weird thing to say "No. Well, okay, if she's really tough". Which means what exactly? That you just don't think women are going to be able meet the requirements?

Because that seems to be the implication.

On the other hand, saying that 'Russian women are hardcore' seems like an admission of being wrong. So what do I know. I mean, it's not like Russians (Soviets, whatever) are fundamentally different from the rest of the world's population.

Clearly, they must have hidden their russian identity from me.

Putin can emit deadly laser beams from his nipples.

Putin is a badass Russian.

Therefore, badass Russians can emit deadly laser beams from their nipples.

So, Lyanna, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to examine the nipples of these mountaineering women to check for emission of laser. For the sake of feminism.

Putin can emit deadly laser beams from his nipples.

Putin is a badass Russian.

Therefore, badass Russians can emit deadly laser beams from their nipples.

So, Lyanna, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to examine the nipples of these mountaineering women to check for emission of laser. For the sake of feminism.

:rofl:

A/ You keep bringing on the women athlet and such...well these women trains for years to reach the status a normal infantry soldier has a training section of ~9 months...

the IDF tried to fit women in normal infantry training the overwhelming majority of them failed and snapped and their body realy suffered from bone breaking under stress and such

You mentioned Karkal battlion when I already said that women are able to serve in light infantry\peacekeeping roles...it's heavy infantry which is in question

regarding russian women in WW2, the conditions are bad but not so much on the physical matter, the red army used to send trops with a rifle\pistols so ammunition and not much else....plus russian women are HARDCORE :)

You're aware Karakal do tironut with Givati, as of last year properly 07, right?

When was there this attempt to integrate women into heavy infantry? (who do you mean by that, btw?)

I would, but as I am a delicate little Scandinavian flower, I could never catch up with these Russian super women.

I would, but as I am a delicate little Scandinavian flower, I could never catch up with these Russian super women.

delicate little Scandinavian flowers just have to lie in the grass and look pretty eventually a Russian super woman will stroll by with all her kit and an injured man on her back and you will be able to see up her top - problem solved!

You're aware Karakal do tironut with Givati, as of last year properly 07, right?

When was there this attempt to integrate women into heavy infantry? (who do you mean by that, btw?)

there were two attemps one was to get women into nahal brigade and one was adding women to the 7th brigade (armoured) both failed miserablly

I participated in a similar discussion with the head of IDF land component Gen. Mizrahi he gave pretty solid answers on why it's a no go

Seriously for 30 years women have been able to, and have got into the Canadian Armed Forces as infantry this discussion is pointless.

A good discussion would be to compare the Canadian light infantry requirements to the nahal what brigade? And the 7th armoured (don't know what countries they are from).

A good discussion would be to compare the Canadian light infantry requirements to the nahal what brigade? And the 7th armoured (don't know what countries they are from).

The basic requirements to get into the Canadian Military no matter what position your going for are

Push ups____Men_____Women

Under 35____19___________9

Over 35_____14___________7

Sit ups

Under 35_____19_________15

Over 35______17_________12

Hand grip (In Kilograms)

Under 35______75________50

Over 35_______73________48

Chin ups

Under 35_______6_________3

Over 35________4_________2

2.4 KM run

Men Age_______Acceptable_____Superior________Women age___________Acceptable_____Superior

Under-30______11:56-10:13____< 10:13_________Under-30___________14:26-12:36_____< 12:36

30-34_________12:26-10:35____< 10:35_________30-34______________14:55-12:57_____<12:57

35-39_________12:56-10:58____<10:58__________35-39______________15:25-13:27_____<13:27

40-44_________13:25-11:12____<11:12__________40-44______________15:55-13:57_____<13:57

45-49_________13:56-11:27____<11:27__________45-49______________16:35-14:26_____<14:26

50-54_________14:25-11:57____<11:57__________50-54______________16:54-14:56_____<14:56

55 & over______14:56-12:27____<12:27__________55 & over___________17:24-15:27_____<15:27

After basic training it would get harder depending on what you were doing.

Archived