NFL Thread II: Now bringing you more JaMarcus Russell!

Young Wolf

I am reminded of Al Michaels last night, reiterating over and over how he would call the time out if he were SD instead of letting it tick down to the 2 minute warning. Ok, AL, we get it, you disagree with the call.

I thought Madden was often hilarious. I also didn't mind Dennis Miller, thought he could have been fun; whether or not it's the case, seemed like he was trying too hard.

Wow, I think I'm going to just stop watching this game after those penalties negating the interception in the end zone. I knew the MNF announcers and basically all of the tv sports analysts were on Favres jocks. Didn't realize the officials were as well.

Dennis Miller is a relentless douchebag who hasn't been funny in years. The man doesn't converse -- he waits for halfway plausible set-ups from the other person to go off on a pre-written rant.

ETA: And yes the interference call on the end zone INT was horseshit.

Interestingly, the Vikings @ Packers game is only four weeks away, November 1st, week 8. I would have thought they would have saved it for closer to the end of the year, rather than front load both games. That means Favre won't have to face the spiteful Green Bay fans in the dead of winter, but in the dead of autumn, before the full weight of the season has time to grind him down. Good scheduling, NFL.

Wow, I think I'm going to just stop watching this game after those penalties negating the interception in the end zone. I knew the MNF announcers and basically all of the tv sports analysts were on Favres jocks. Didn't realize the officials were as well.

I take it you did not pay attention to what Charles Woodson's right arm was doing on that play. It should be called PI 100% of the time for any team any player.

What stats Aaron Rodgers would have, if he had an O-Line who could protect him.

Agreed. Its hard to watch the beating Rodgers is getting this season. He's a top flight quaterback playing behind one of the worst offensive lines the packers have had in several decades. I think he's preforming as well as any QB could given the awful protection he's been getting. Sad thing is that I don't see the o-line problems being solved until the off-season. Between injuries and inexperience the players they have on the line just aren't up to caliber. Management has done a lot of things right. Failing to recognize that the offensive line was a potential problem and shore it up this past off season may well have killed this year for GB. Ted Thompson has to bare the blame for this situation.

It was fun to watch Favre though. I get sick of the announcers falling over themselves to stroke his dick. I did when he was in GB and I had to listen to it every bloody weekend. If one can manage to tune out the bull-shit though, his preformance tonight and so far this season have been exceptional given that he's almost 40 and has only been with his team for a month and a half. Its easy to get pissed off at the idiocy of the talking heads and forget that Favre is legitamtely a great QB.

Archived