Survivor Samoa

Tears of Lys

The obligatory couple of aging hippy folks, the tough female ex-police officer, a former sports coach, the blonde... you know the drill.

I'm glad to see that they didn't let them get together to talk prior to their forming into groups. The producers formed the two teams ahead of time - hopefully, to spread around the strength. but we know how that goes.

Yes, it's Survivor time! I'll be letting people know not to call me on Thursdays at 8:00, and of course they WILL :rant:

I'm bummed that I'm leaving town tonight and won't be back until next Wednesday so I won't be able to watch it until then. But I am pretty excited.

I think I might actually end up liking this season's villain, Russell. I like people who are willing to play with other people's emotions and are completely up front about their lying. I thought Jonny Fairplay's lie about his grandma dying was one of the all time great moments on this show, so I'm hoping Russell lives up to that. I like how he says he can control how people think if you know what strings to pull. Sounds very Dunyain (although I doubt he's read Bakker).

If you read the bios on the Survivor website, most of them think they can read people well. He says he's charming. We'll see.

Survivor seems to attract salespeople, bartenders, and attorneys, which I guess would go hand-in-hand with reading people.

So far, just on bio info alone, I'm liking Jaison and Marisa. All of the other attractive ones give me a pain in the arse with their inflated egos and how they can manipulate the opposite sex and pull booty whenever they choose. :rolleyes:

I almost never read the bios. I like getting to know the players as it all plays out, but I think I will read them this season.

My family has already done are pre-Survivor on Thursday planning. No one calls, unless its an emergency and even then, wait for a commercial break. :lol: Survivor watching has turned into our family sport. :D

I almost never read the bios. I like getting to know the players as it all plays out, but I think I will read them this season.

My family has already done are pre-Survivor on Thursday planning. No one calls, unless its an emergency and even then, wait for a commercial break. :lol: Survivor watching has turned into our family sport. :D

I guess I was the only one that skimmed the bios. 12 of 16 (or so it seemed) from SoCal? what's with that? and you folks with you planning and uninteruptibility need to get a DVR. If only for rewinding, let alone time-shifted viewing and eliminating commercials from you life. Its bliss.

I guess I was the only one that skimmed the bios. 12 of 16 (or so it seemed) from SoCal? what's with that?

It's because the casting people are getting cheap and lazy. I bet some of these people are aspiring actors, too. :|

Actually, they had auditions in the Detroit area too. Guess they couldn't find anybody who fit the requirements here. I was slightly tempted to give it a shot. My better sense told me that if by some miracle I made it, I'd get my ass handed to me first episode. If that didn't happen, the bugs and poison plants would finish me off.

I'll just have to suffer vicariously.

I would love to try, if for nothing else than the losing weight part, but being stuck with strangers who are potentally extremely irritating and having no way to get away from them would do me in. I would be the one volunteering for exile island. :lol:

Besides, I probably would starve to death. I hate fish.

Last year I found out the casting people were in my area the day before it happened. I was so excited! I filled out the long, long application--and then realized I couldn't just go in and make a video. I had to have a video for them. I did not have anything to record it with. :thumbsdown:

Last year I found out the casting people were in my area the day before it happened. I was so excited! I filled out the long, long application--and then realized I couldn't just go in and make a video. I had to have a video for them. I did not have anything to record it with. :thumbsdown:

Aww that's too bad... that would be sooo cool if someone I 'knew' was on it.

Well, I sure know how to pick 'em. WTF!!!!???

I know how Marisa pissed off Russell, but what did she do to the other dude? I left the room for a brief moment.

Yeah, he'll be entertaining to watch, all right. I may put my foot through my television, though, so that may be a moot point.

Great first episode. I really liked the first challenge.

Yeah, he'll be entertaining to watch, all right. I may put my foot through my television, though, so that may be a moot point.

Yep, I'm hoping he lasts a long time, because his particular brand of crazy will be very fun. The dude really needs to put on a shirt though.

I also hope that Ashley sticks around for awhile, but for a completely different reason :drool: (but I don't see her lasting too long)

Yep, I'm hoping he lasts a long time, because his particular brand of crazy will be very fun. The dude really needs to put on a shirt though.

Or at least pull up his pants - one or the other.

His alliance of... what did he call them? dumb women? He's making friends left and right. He'll be lucky if he gets to keep his other front tooth. He may push his luck too far, though. He's being a little too blatant in his disdain for the stupidity of the others.

But you're right - we'll watch, if only to shake our heads in wonder.

Or at least pull up his pants - one or the other.

His alliance of... what did he call them? dumb women? He's making friends left and right. He'll be lucky if he gets to keep his other front tooth. He may push his luck too far, though. He's being a little too blatant in his disdain for the stupidity of the others.

But you're right - we'll watch, if only to shake our heads in wonder.

I'm hoping he doesn't realize the cop is onto him, and that they win a few immunity challenges so that it can develop into a nice little power struggle over the next several weeks.

I'm hoping he doesn't realize the cop is onto him, and that they win a few immunity challenges so that it can develop into a nice little power struggle over the next several weeks.

I'd almost guarantee that the preview for next week was him going after the cop, she was being way too obvious in her disdain for him. Regardless the Doctor is the one he has to worry about as he also knows about Russel but is laying low, the cop cannot go after Russel yet because it woukld ensure team suicide when they don't have the strength to do various challenges. Still very fun if only to see how he's got these people wrapped up. I've been waiting for some dude/chick to go on the show who already had money and so couldn't care less about that and just wanted to fuck with people, looks like I got my wish.

Meh, I'd be surprised if Russell makes it to the merge. He seems a little too obvious in his attempt at being the moustache-twirling villain for his routine to actually succeed.

Oh, and if the woman who crosses Russell is the same woman the preview showed a brief clip of, it's probably not the older woman. She seemed kinda young to me.

Meh, I'd be surprised if Russell makes it to the merge. He seems a little too obvious in his attempt at being the moustache-twirling villain for his routine to actually succeed.

Oh, and if the woman who crosses Russell is the same woman the preview showed a brief clip of, it's probably not the older woman. She seemed kinda young to me.

I don't know, I figure he's out almost right away or he'll last till just past the merge when they get rid of the physically strong guys like always.

I'm kind of worried about Russell as, like a human being. I know he's trying to be all mustache-twirling evil overlord, but the vibe I get from him, especially with his picking off Marisa this week, and the comment from the preview for next week, is that if a woman has her own thoughts, she must be taken down. He gives me abusive/controlling heebie-jeebies, so the point where I can't even root for him as a bad guy. :thumbsdown:

Holy crap I want to put my foot in Russell's ass - which means I hope he lasts a little while at least. Good tv right there. I feel bad for Marissa - she wasn't the usual first one out because she was weak or whiney or bossy or controlling ... she was right. How dare she confront Russell about being untrustworthy? The nerve - she obviously had to go because she wasn't as dumb as he thought she was. I don't know what Mick's beef was with her either. He's kinda dickish too. It will be the fun team to watch, no doubt.

I don't have anyone to root for yet, but Jaison seems cool. The good Russell is ... haven't made up my mind yet. Seems like a good guy, but perhaps will get annoyingly wishy-washy. None of the women have really stood out much besides 'Shambo'. I can't in good conscious root for someone with a mullet.

How much shit is Russell going to get at the reunion show and on the internet because not only is he a pretty contemptible piece of crap, he's an oil man. Redundant, I know.

Archived