Survivor Samoa

Tears of Lys

Very good point. Now I want to go over to the Ponderosa videos to see if they captured anything like that. I wouldn't be surprised at all, given Jaison's anger.

Jaison looked too beaten down to do any scheming/plotting at Ponderosa. Losing 30+ pounds in 37 days will do that to a guy. Plus he was only there for a day or two.

I think his Final Tribal Council questions were well done. He attempted to level the playing field with respect to who needs the money. And I think he did it without rancor and with an understanding of the strategic aspect of why he was the only Foa Foa on the final jury.

Just my impression of his FTC.

I wouldn't judge how far Russell went based on his weight at the Finale. It's been three months since HvV ended, and you can put on a lot of weight in that time, especially after experiencing over 2 months of malnutrition. I remember back in FvF, Ozzy gained back 15 lbs in his first week at Ponderosa.

I wouldn't judge how far Russell went based on his weight at the Finale. It's been three months since HvV ended, and you can put on a lot of weight in that time, especially after experiencing over 2 months of malnutrition. I remember back in FvF, Ozzy gained back 15 lbs in his first week at Ponderosa.

While you can't judge how far he went by his weight, I'm wondering what you could surmise based on his reactions. He was very upset that he didn't win. Something tells me that if he made it to the Finals in the All Stars he wouldn't have bothered him so much that he didn't win this season. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if he was voted off early in All Stars, based on how hard he took the loss.

On the jury being a vindictive, childish group, that, too, is the whole name of the game. The whole point of having a jury is so that the finalists have to answer for the actions that got them there. Jeff Probst points this out ad nauseam in tribal councils and everybody knows (or at least should know) that at some point you have to answer for your actions, and you Russell apologists are pissed off because the jury did its job? Oh, wait, they just wanted to get back at Russell. :rolleyes: Russell lost because he failed to convince enough people that he deserved to win. This game isn't about who is the biggest asshole, it's about who can convince enough people to give them their vote, by convincing them that they played the better game or by whatever powers of coercion you may have. In the end, it wasn't so much about Natalie winning but rather about Russell losing. Russell losing was not the jury's fault, it was Russell's because he didn't know how to plead his case properly. Which brings up another little bit of schadenfreude, which was seeing weepy Russell fight back tears after seeing he didn't win, all this after chiding Natalie to getting her jury speech right if she wanted a chance to beat him, which in his mind at the time was seemingly impossible for him to lose.

While you can't judge how far he went by his weight, I'm wondering what you could surmise based on his reactions. He was very upset that he didn't win. Something tells me that if he made it to the Finals in the All Stars he wouldn't have bothered him so much that he didn't win this season. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if he was voted off early in All Stars, based on how hard he took the loss.

I'd venture a guess and say Russell gets surprisingly far in HvV but fails to win. Maybe he's the last juror? I just think that he's going far in the new All-Stars. He's an unknown, but he's also the most fresh at playing the game. I would be very surprised if he didn't take what he learned in Samoa and made some key changes to his strategy, ensuring him going far. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but I just have a feeling that (based on the cast list) - the known threats are going to be targeted early.

I'd venture a guess and say Russell gets surprisingly far in HvV but fails to win. Maybe he's the last juror? I just think that he's going far in the new All-Stars. He's an unknown, but he's also the most fresh at playing the game. I would be very surprised if he didn't take what he learned in Samoa and made some key changes to his strategy, ensuring him going far. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but I just have a feeling that (based on the cast list) - the known threats are going to be targeted early.

I can't get the blackout spoiler text to work, so I did it this way instead.

So the whole boot list from HvV has been out for a while now, and it was spoiled by the same people who spoiled Samoa correctly, so most think it is rather legit. Anyway, if you really don't want to be spoiled stop reading now.

Russell makes it to the final 3 again. Supposedly he ends up third in the votes as well, although this is less clear. He makes it there with Parvati and Sandra, so if it is true and he doesn't win for sure, then we have our first two-time winner. Rumors say it is Sandra.

Archived