NFL III: gunslinging, for the fun of it

DanteGabriel

I'm a Broncos fan number one. My dad is from Denver. Been a good year :D

I also root for the Giants, which I justify because one AFC and one NFC seems alright. I picked that up from my friends as a kid.

I dislike the Cowboys. I've always disliked the Cowboys. "America's team!?" Screw that.

Don't dislike any other franchise. Sometimes there are players that I admire or teams that I pity, but that goes when the player moves on. I don't like Phillip Rivers and I admire Tom Brady.

My thanks to all who answered. And now I've got a follow-up question: which team(s) do you people root for, and which team(s) do you dislike? Since I'm new at this I haven't yet developed a strong affinity/dislike for any particular team, though I doubt consistent losers like the Lions, Rams and other teams who don't have more than a single victory thus far will end up on my list of favoured teams.

Pats fan here. Since 83, sitting on aluminum benches with my feet in freezing slush losing to the Bills when I was 8. I saw my first gaping head wound that day when a drunk guy fell down the steps. I also saw my first set of tits. And my Dad got in a fight. Best day of my life up til that point and I've been hooked ever since.

I love the laundry, not the players.

I don't hate any team, but I am bored by some, respect others, and fear a couple.

No favorite teams. I became a fan of the NFL in the early 90s living in Calgary. Seattle was the closest team, but the Niners dominated the TV and got my interest then. My dad also lived in Miami so for a while I considered my two favorite teams to be the Niners and Dolphins. However as the years have passed I realized that I was never really fans of those teams. Neither team had much more than a tenuous hold on my affections. What I do have interest in is storylines and players. I like rooting for underdogs, and there are a number of players I root for who I like, but I don't hold any love for teams. I also tend to root against teams whose fans are annoying. You can guess who those are. I root for small market teams, for first time winners, for the upset and for parity.

Arakasi,

You basically took the words right out of my mouth. I don't have a favorite team but I've been an NFL fan since I was a little kid. Growing up in North Dakota (actually western ND) most everyone was a Minnesota Vikings fan and the rest were either Denver Broncos or Green Bay Packers fans. But that just seemed like quite a bit of reaching to try to come up with a "home" team so I never felt compelled to do so. Like I said I just really love following the NFL and, like you, I root for the underdogs. I also have loved the parity/competitiveness of the league but I'm getting a little worried about it this season. I hope it's just an aberration and at least a few of the 10 or so absolutely atrocious teams will get on track. I also worry a bit about the looming labor strife but I'll continue to enjoy the NFL while I can and hope they don't kill the goose that lays the golden eggs ;)

As a Redskins fan, I can say this: don't, under any circrumstances, become a Redskins fan.

It's like rooting for Robb Stark. And not rooting for him in books 1 and 2, and then being really upset when he dies. I mean it's book 4 and you're still rooting for him.

Archived