Filming in Scotland

Black Wizard

At a second thought Corvus Corax seem to tour a lot but have the months of Oct and Nov reserved...

Corvus Corax: http://www.myspace.com/spielleute

Faun: http://www.myspace.com/paganfolk

hi deviloki and all the others wondering who was playing the band,

i´m proud to tell you that we´re invited to be part of that great movie.

the 3 days in scottland were fantastic - thanks to everyone at the set - it was an honour to work with you. :)

cheers,

norri - corvus corax

the 3 days in scottland were fantastic - thanks to everyone at the set - it was an honour to work with you. :)

cheers,

norri - corvus corax

Wow, welcome to the board. Thanks for popping by.

Welcome, Norri! Thanks very much for taking the time to sign up and post here at the forum. Hearing that a band of musicians of your caliber was part of the filming was very exciting news.

If it's not a close secret, was the song you played for filming something fans can find on one of your records or via iTunes or some other such service? Perhaps over at Pica Music?

Welcome, Norri! Thanks very much for taking the time to sign up and post here at the forum. Hearing that a band of musicians of your caliber was part of the filming was very exciting news.

If it's not a close secret, was the song you played for filming something fans can find on one of your records or via iTunes or some other such service? Perhaps over at Pica Music?

hi ran,

thx - believe me, we´re very excited too :-)

i hope it´s not a secret - we recorded completely new versions of two our songs at the castle specially for the movie. both original songs (skudrinka (from the cd "viator") and ballade de mercy ("Seikilos") are also on our new live cd/dvd "live in berlin" - should be available at amazon, i tunes etc.

greetz from berlin,

norri

hi ran,

i hope it´s not a secret - we recorded completely new versions of two our songs at the castle specially for the movie. both original songs (skudrinka (from the cd "viator") and ballade de mercy ("Seikilos") are also on our new live cd/dvd "live in berlin" - should be available at amazon, i tunes etc.

greetz from berlin,

norri

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! :)

Cheers from Brazil!

cheers,

norri - corvus corax

Wow, I haven't heard of you before so I followed your MySpace link. Listened to the songs there and now you have a new fan.

hi ran,

greetz from berlin,

norri

Wow, you guys are great and imho, perfect for GoT. And even more cool, I hear you also did music for Dragon Ages:Origins? Can't wait to hear what you did on that, any clips of that available ? :)

love your style of music!

Lol, my photos are making the rounds these days. :D

What I said on TowerOfTheHand, the hall in Doune is perfect, because it's so austere and genuinely Medieaval. The larger hall at Stirling Castle is more comfortable (I bet Cersei would like a few tapestries and curtains to keep the cold out), the one in Caerphilly has those large, cathedral-like windows, and some German castle halls are too much on the ornate side for Ned.

I'm pretty sure the cameras will make 50-60 people look like a busy party. And there's another point: it's one thing to read about a thousand guests while the focus is still on the main characters (you don't really notice the thousand, mentally), and to see thousand people sitting around when only the main characters matter - 50 -100 will do the job of background just as well.

Not to mention they have a very excellent couple of SFX people on board. A lot of things like crowds, weather effects and such are easily done these days with CGI and other post production techs. From all I've seen so far, GoT is in very good hands :)

Awesome. Skudrinka is one of C.C.'s best songs (though Avanti, from Mille Anni Passi Sunt is now my personal favorite).

Question for Norri: Did you sing in French for your Ballade De Mercy performance on Game of Thrones?

Thx to you for taking time to come over here great and answer the fans.

I'm delighted that you're part of "Thrones" as I'm a long time fan of yours. You guys rock big time.

Hope it'll bring you lots of new fans, you deserve it (and can't wait to discover the new versions ;))

Awesome. Skudrinka is one of C.C.'s best songs (though Avanti, from Mille Anni Passi Sunt is now my personal favorite).

Question for Norri: Did you sing in French for your Ballade De Mercy performance on Game of Thrones?

hi about yea high,

this version is without vocals. i guess french wouldn´t fit very well in this case. the producer are very serious to make sure that everything goes along very well with the idea of the book. so our outfits, hair etc. were modified too to make us 100% compatible to the stile of the movie.

Wow, you guys are great and imho, perfect for GoT. And even more cool, I hear you also did music for Dragon Ages:Origins? Can't wait to hear what you did on that, any clips of that available ? :)

love your style of music!

hey amsra,

that´s right - we were asked to make an adaption of the main theme of dragon age in our "cantus buranus" stile. you can download it for free next week at this website:

http://www.gameswelt.de/news/41082-Dragon_...n_Song_bei.html

greetz,

norri

hi about yea high,

this version is without vocals. i guess french wouldn´t fit very well in this case. the producer are very serious to make sure that everything goes along very well with the idea of the book. so our outfits, hair etc. were modified too to make us 100% compatible to the stile of the movie.

And they obviously didn't want some average floofy-twing-twang group of bards up there, so you got the call and they went HARD.

Shouldn't have surprised me. Northmen are hard, so their music should be rugged too. (It explains Rickon's mindset, at any rate.) I can't imagine all those southern folks looked too thrilled. Can you imagine Cersei's face? "So ... this is your music. How ... quaint."

(Seriously, check out their concerts, people - C.C. is like the Metallica of "period" bands.)

Balls-on. I love it. I can't freaking wait.

More filming at Doune this weekend by the sounds of it....from a Tweet by @szucsitg

Jackie - hmm...another trip?...hmmm.

OOPS - WiC kindly pointed out it's an older article referring to the scenes shot on Monday/Tuesday. I didn't see any sparring/fighting scenes while I was there hence my confusion ;) They've got a facebook page (thanks again to WiC).

hi ran,

greetz from berlin,

norri

Hello Norri!

we didn't get to meet on the set, but I was there for the first day of shooting for the feast scence, and I must say, if this is the proper term for a medieval group, you guys totally rocked.

thanks for giving George a copy of one of your cds, I've got it with me and will be playing it this weekend for friends at parties here in Leitrim.

Folks, if you haven't heard Norri's group, do make the effort to listen to a few of their tunes, totally great and very exciting, this is not a band that does 'diddly-dee' or austere medieval chamber music, they can play up a storm.

I found some cool Youtube links:

(Proving what Parris said: Corvus Corax can play up a storm!)

I like all kind of Gothic, Gaelic, Gregorian etc..those track are little far from real medieval style but 'I don't want to wet myself before to have rain' :P

Awesome!! I'm a big fan of the band ever since I saw them live in Wacken 2005. I didn't really know them well at the time, but I was hypnotized by the glorious performance. I bought Cantus Buranus not long after that (and eventually bought albums by Psalteria too, who had played with them in Wacken).

I really need more of their albums, but the discography is a little daunting. :)

Now, if they could only get Stille Volk and Omnia to appear in Game of Thrones too... :D I can totally see Omnia performing The Bear and the Maiden Fair. :D

Archived