2011 Ice and Fire Calendar

Ran

Could be interesting to see some surrealist artwork come into play. As Ran mentioned, scenes like Tyrion on the blackwater and such. I would love to see his take on the dragons as well.

Creepiest name ever.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bantam's 2011 catalogue mentions the calendar, noting that they hope to produce a calendar every year from now on. They also mention the HBO series and how this will bolster sales of ASoIaF-related merchandise.

They also, interestingly, have upped sales of the book from their previous statement of 2.2 to 3.5 million books (in the US alone I imagine; that number seems low for worldwide sales of a book published in 20+ languages).

For later calendars? Possibly. For this one? No. We haven't seen any of the actors in their costumes/wigs/make-up, so it would be very difficult for the artist to paint pictures of them accordingly.

• 2 months later...

Sounds nice. At least it is from another company. Since never receiving mine or my money back from Dable Brothers, as much as I would like it.Not sure I will ever by another object again. Good luck for all you trying to get one.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a change-up here: 2011 Calendar will now feature Ted Nasmith's awesome castle art (originally intended for first publication in The World of Ice and Fire -- never fear, it'll still be in there, plus some other gorgeous artwork ;) -- and John Picacio's work will grace the 2012 Calendar. This allows them to get the calendar out in time for Comic-Con and the like (yes, they're going to take what advantage they can of the HBO buzz ;), and give's John some breathing space (he recently noted in a Tor.com interview that he was pretty slammed with projects, including the calendars).

A shame that we have to wait another year to see John's work, but great to see Ted's thirteen castles (twelve plus a bonus thirteenth in double-page poster format).

Handy preoder link here for the calendar.

I'll admit to being a little bit disappointed (I was really looking forward to seeing the artwork he did of Sansa and Sandor) but the castles are beautiful and I'm looking forward to getting it. ;)

• 4 months later...

Got my calendar as well this weekend. Its great. The castles are true to GRRM's descriptions and the artwork itself is amazing. Now I can't wait for the World Book to come out so we can see more of the locations not featured in the calendar.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got this the other day and I think it is beautiful. This is one calendar that I will keep just for the artwork.

this. i have mine up and all, couple of months early just to enjoy it.

castlerly rock - wow!

this may have been mentioned before but any one have a link to see the Picacio art?

and when is the new art book out in the UK?

ta

• 3 months later...

Archived