A DC farewell to our semi-aquatic overlord

Guest Raidne

My life is fairly crazy at the moment so I dont want to give guarantees, BUT I really think that I can be the F outta work by 2 or 3 tomorrow. I really only need to be in the office for an hour max. Tonight I need to prepare for myself a trunk full of items that I will want in Iraq but don't want to take with me on the plane, and my only real obligation for tomorrow is to bring that into work so that they can ship it to me overseas.

Now... if that is the case and I can be done by 2 or 3 then I can intercept you folks anywhere you want, and that might also bring the option of Ini parking his car in my garage and then having total freedom from there on out. So, TW and Ini, if you have any interest in meeting up near my house (2 blocks from the Columbia Heights metro) then maybe it would be easier for the two of you with myself as a guide to get where we're going. Up to you though, just throwing it out there. I am certainly mobile as well.

EDIT: Oh yea, sorry Ini if I was unclear. You are 100% welcome to stay at my place... its a go. And I have plenty of couch space for anyone else that needs it.

John that sounds like a good plan. Ini, if you're still picking up TM at McPherson around 5:30, I might just catch a ride with you two up to Columbia Heights. Give me a text or a call anytime today if that works out for you.

Dan, can't wait to hear about the new developments!

And MC, I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself, also.

MC, that's terrible. :( Best wish for you and your family.

I guess I'll see you guys at McPherson. 5.30 sounds about right. I'll keep you post on my progress in case I'm running late or early.

What is the schedule? i finish between 5 and 5:30 tonight... where should i plan to meet you?

What is the schedule? i finish between 5 and 5:30 tonight... where should i plan to meet you?

I'm meeting TW and I think Raids in McPherson Square at 5:30, if traffic doesn't delay either of us; if it does, we're meeting there when we get there. Originally John was meeting us there; now we may be going to John's from there. Feel free to meet us at McPherson. You have my number?

i can meet at 5:30.

due to it being the wife's birthday i will need to head out around 7pm. :(

i didn't realize before the McP meet at 5:30 was to catcha ride. so it might be easier for everyone if i just go to col'heights and meet u guys.

i can meet at 5:30.

due to it being the wife's birthday i will need to head out around 7pm. :(

i didn't realize before the McP meet at 5:30 was to catcha ride. so it might be easier for everyone if i just go to col'heights and meet u guys.

WHere is ouir first real destination?

I would say that our first real destination is Capitol Lounge at 7pm, and that before that Osh and Ini are heading up to John's place to ditch their stuff. I have nothing better to do and work directly above the McPherson metro, so it seems convenient for me to just tag along. If time permits, we may grab dinner, either in Columbia Heights, or elsewhere. I'd say the best plan would be to just give one of us a call around 5:00pm and see what's up if you want to hang out during the pre-7:00pm contingent stage. I would imagine that a lot of it will involve not much more than getting from one place to another, but that always looks fun in Beatles' videos. :)

ETA: Should we just drop your stuff at John's and then head directly over to the bar? Would that make it easier for people who want to meet up before 7:00pm? Or should I just head directly over to Cap Lounge from the office?

i would really love to make it, john. sadly my mother died saturday and i am back in rural oregon for the funeral. hopefully you make it back to the dc area post tour and we can get together for a drink then.

take care, dude. don't get exploded.

MC - My heart aches for you. I know exactly what your going through. :grouphug:

John- I would love to be there, but like MC, I will be getting things together for my mother's Memorial Service (tomorrow).

Know that you will be in my thoughts. Looking forward to when you return home safe and sound.

Sorry to hear about your respective mothers MC and MLA.

I am now home from work and plan to be here for the rest of the day. If you guys are driving up here call me for directions. Or, if Raids is with you, just come up 13th street and call me when you come up the hill into Columbia Heights and I'll tell you where to go from there. I'll have to come outside and hop in the car to show you where to park. The alley isnt marked, so its probably easier if I just show you.

If we're meeting elsewhere let me know that too. I havent eaten anything today except an apple and I will be ready to get some dinner. Filling my stomach will become my #1 concern here in about an hour and a half.

So is the plan still the Cap Lounge at 7 after everyone's eaten? (My own plan for which is some leftovers that I absolutely have to eat today or throw them out, and I am loath to waste food like that)

By the way, Capitol Lounge is at 229 Pennsylvania Ave SE, just to the NE of the Capitol South metro stop. It's basically on the corner of Penn (just north of C St) and 3rd.

7pm, and I think there is a downstairs if you don't see us upstairs, just in case. Fez, looking forward to meeting you. I'm blondish and have a pretty noticeable gray, white, and blue print scarf on if you've never met any of us before and are trying to spot us. Hopefully we're not late, but with traffic, logistics could be a little bit tricky.

Archived