If,If,If and If. can tv show overtake the novels?

BigFatCoward

Hi boys and girls I thought you might like to hear the impressions of someone who has been on set and has seen some of the rushes. from the last couple of days.

Obviously I am not going to give anything away here, but. I have to say having seen some of the younger cast; Joffry, Jon Snow, Brand and others at work. The casting is inspired. The care being taken, to get every take just so, speaks of a labour of love. The atmosphere on set is is one of a happy crew (I have met many of them on other shoots) The A.D's extras and other cogs in the filming engine soon get a sense of whether or not they are on a good project. To a man and woman I got the idea that they felt this was a good and well run project.

The Director delighted in pointing out to George a small visual homage to something that happens later in the story...made me smile and I hope it stays in for the final edit. The dedication shown by him and his crew during long days and a punishing shooting schedule is another pointer to the quality of the finished product.

Seeing shooting through the monitor gave me some idea of how the finished thing will look. Let me tell you, it looks great. I think HBO will deliver another fine product and I for one, am sure this will go all the way.

Some of the young actors and actresses stand a good chance of growing up in the world of Westeros and if one or two new stars don't emerge I will be most surprised. Each of them are looking forward to what faces them as the story unfolds, and as you all know, it will push their skills to the max.

So there we go. I don't think I written anything to upset the powers that be, and I certainly wont be posting any of the pics they were kind enough to let me take. I just hope I have given you guys a fair impression of was for me, an interesting and fun look behind the scenes.

Thanks to all the cast and crew I met that day, it was a pleasure.

Hi to those I met at the Belfast Moot. It was fun talking swords and armour with you.

As far as I could tell, the pilot is on schedule, on budget and confidence is high. Don't pay heed to the negative stuff being put about. The fan base is strong, new people are being brought to the series from such as the various cast fan sites, and the interest already generated by this site and others has not passed HBO by. Of course there is a long way to go, and the journey from pilot to series is fraught with pitfalls. But support from the fans, internet buzz and the like, all help nudge the whole project in the right direction.

I'd be shocked if that was true.

seriously, it will take at least seven, if not eight years for the sixth book and another seven or eight years for the seventh book.

and that's not even counting the series being expanded to an eighth, then to a ninth and tenth book.

Interesting, you must know something the rest of us certainly don't :rofl:

and remarkable that this person who doesn't know George personally is so certain that they can predict his work schedule for the next decade.

PS: and I always delight in strangers speculating on the health and well-being of my beloved. Just fills me with so much happiness and joy.

Not.

and remarkable that this person who doesn't know George personally is so certain that they can predict his work schedule for the next decade.

PS: and I always delight in strangers speculating on the health and well-being of my beloved. Just fills me with so much happiness and joy.

Not.

Ah! Parris little things please little minds, pay it no heed.

Ah! Parris little things please little minds, pay it no heed.

Oh I know, but I keep hoping that posters will get the message that when they are publicly speculating on the health and well-being of some one they don't know personally that it may be read by a person who DOES know and care for GRRM and is not happy with such speculation, let alone when the poster gets way out of bounds. I'm not the only person in George's family who reads the various boards, blogs and forums. His family back east don't know much about George's sucess and international reputation, but they are proud of him, and yes, some of them do read things on the internet that are upsetting.

It may be futile, but I can't let it go anymore without at least a rebuke.

Too right. I think those who feel they need to speculate about someone's health should restrict themselves to speculating on their own health -- they might get run over by a bus tomorrow, after all.

Archived