if we were all that remained of society, could we survive.

BigFatCoward

Of the 16000, though, there's a lot of dead weight. If we're going to start eating other boarders, we should at least do it in reverse order of post count.

*starts spamming a lot, just in case* :leaving:

you seen any of the people on here gutting a fish or hunting with a bow? thought not.

Actually given the nature and longevity of this board, that is entirely possible. (Seeing one of those tasks done by a fellow boardmember.)

I mean, I saw a Borg want to kick Pod's ass...which is not something you'd ever think of happening.

Regardless, if you are a member of the British police force, Id think you were poorly suited to handle a post-apocalyptic society in which there are numerous group of jack-booted thugs running around with weaponry other than billy clubs.

Unless you are a police officer in London. According to one report we've read here from a boardmember, those teens in London are just holding up stores, beating up the elderly, and living in a Clockwork Orange type of society right now. :P

No, I envision someone like X-ray being our "chief of police". The punishment of criminals would be a divinely, bizarre sort of Thunderdome. At least in my dreams that's how it plays out.

Unless you are a police officer in London. According to one report we've read here from a boardmember, those teens in London are just holding up stores, beating up the elderly, and living in a Clockwork Orange type of society right now. :P

i do work in london, it aint nothing like that. people are so full of shit on this issue you wouldnt beleive. 8 million people in london, less murders a year than baltimore.

i do work in london, it aint nothing like that. people are so full of shit on this issue you wouldnt beleive. 8 million people in london, less murders a year than baltimore.

Ho, ho. Just like you Londoners to downplay the youth crime in your city! Always trying to lure unsuspecting Yanks to come and visit or live there and make us the victims. I am not so easily fooled sir! :P

Ho, ho. Just like you Londoners to downplay the youth crime in your city! Always trying to lure unsuspecting Yanks to come and visit or live there and make us the victims. I am not so easily fooled sir! :P

I like where this thread is going. Excellent :cheers: .

Of the 16000, though, there's a lot of dead weight. If we're going to start eating other boarders, we should at least do it in reverse order of post count.

*starts spamming a lot, just in case* :leaving:

All board mods are immune from the eating-fodder-queue. Just FYI.

By the way, you're looking great today. Have you weigh yourself recently? Here, step on to this scale and let's have a look-see....

Also, I'm a scientist. In the tradition of Hollywood magic, all scientists know all disciplines of science. Ergo, I know every science. You'll want me to direct the Ministry of Magic Science. I also do a very good mad-scientist cackling.

I put on my white lab coat....

I have a good German accent. Beat zat!

You vill be jawst my assistent, ja?

Actually I've been working on a hover-car in my spare time. So with you accent and my car (i'll have it built before the apocalypse happens of course) we could easily become the ultimate god-kings of this society.

For the record, I have gone fishing with another boardmember and I have seen pics of boarders doing things, things that include survival. Thats whats cool about this board - a lot of people *have* met IRL. Sometimes more than once. Sometimes once is enough. :lol:

I figured out another skill. I don't sleep. I would be perfect for night watch. I would also be awesome at yelling, 'YOU SCREEEEEEWED UP BOBBY TERRY!!!' :rofl:

i put myself forward for chief of police,

NO :thumbsdown:

Red flags abound with that. I'm going to nominate Chataya and Ser Scot for those positions, since they seem like the best options, offhand.

I can handle a great deal of farming. and I know sailing, ships, etc. I could set up mineral refinement and steelmaking, but I'm not sure we'd want those yet with our sized community. I'm guessing we'd just salvage.

Astute observation... that may explain why it's a hover-car and not a hover-Tank!

Did I mention the car will go faster in reverse? Now I would like to see a hover-tank do that. Besides a scary twenty-foot long war banner looks much better fluttering over a sporty convertible than a tank.

Did I mention the car will go faster in reverse? Now I would like to see a hover-tank do that. Besides a scary twenty-foot long war banner looks much better fluttering over a sporty convertible than a tank.

a twenty foot long war banner, eh? Let me guess... Your war banner is going to be solid white... right?

We'd certainly be an interesting group, if we were the last of civilization. I think some of us might resort to cannibalism long before the food supply started to run low though (like on day one or two).

a twenty foot long war banner, eh? Let me guess... Your war banner is going to be solid white... right?

Well naturally, for those occasion when full-reverse is engaged white is more suitable. But how can one not become a god-like dictator when you're the only one possessing such marvelous invention in a primitive post-apocalyptic society? Think of the possibilities! Guess finding sources of fuel would be somewhat problematic but I would try to make my hover-car run on natural bio-fuels anyway :smoking: .

Archived