Whats games have you been playing of late? I'm Still Playing Morrowind.

Poobah

I'm playing Dragon Age: Origins and Football Manager 2010 (which is absolutely fantastic, I have to say, the best sports game by a mile).

Since this topic has been about the Elder Scrolls series, I have to say, I love that series immensely. Oblivion in particular is a fantastic game, vanilla and modded. There are a lot of criticisms which can be aimed at it, but it doesn't take away from the fact that the game is amazing. Only real problem I found is that the combat system is a bit faulty. Fallout 3's was much better IMO.

I was thinkin' (dangerous thing, I know) but is there a time limit on how old you can be and still play video games religiously? I mean I'm 28 and married, no kids yet, is the gaming curtain call coming up? Wouldn't it be kinda weird to be 40 years old, still playin' games hardcore, and thinking my kid has shit taste in video games? Or maybe I'm afraid he/she would school me?

Maybe these social mores are changing now, as the video game generation gets older...

Oh, and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is on the xbox and playstation online stores. 15 bucks for an insane, over the top fighting game. Fun to play with friends. Definitely worthwhile if you like old school fighting games.

I was thinkin' (dangerous thing, I know) but is there a time limit on how old you can be and still play video games religiously? I mean I'm 28 and married, no kids yet, is the gaming curtain call coming up? Wouldn't it be kinda weird to be 40 years old, still playin' games hardcore, and thinking my kid has shit taste in video games? Or maybe I'm afraid he/she would school me?

I dunno, but I know plenty of people 40+, even around 55 who play games regularly enough. Not religiously, but regularly.

Maybe these social mores are changing now, as the video game generation gets older...

The are.

The average age for a game player is now like 25-30 or something.

I mean I'm 28 and married, no kids yet, is the gaming curtain call coming up? Wouldn't it be kinda weird to be 40 years old, still playin' games hardcore, and thinking my kid has shit taste in video games? Or maybe I'm afraid he/she would school me?

if your wife tolerates it, then you'll be fine re: any kids.

i drew more wife-aggro than anything else for any game i've played, to be honest.

marriage - isn't that a very bourgeois, patriarchal and archaic, nay, obsolete, institution, at odds with (hu)man nature and the ever-changing sociography of our modern, increasingly globalized society?

:P

so what if someone were to make a bwb steam group so we didn't have to trade tags every time

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brotherhoodwithoutbanners

'

invite only, if your name doesn't look like your board name PM me or post here

Could you invite me? My name is Argive on steam also.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Argive

Oh, and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is on the xbox and playstation online stores. 15 bucks for an insane, over the top fighting game. Fun to play with friends. Definitely worthwhile if you like old school fighting games.

You're still allowed to play the PS3 sometimes?

Finally got around to playing Call of Duty 4. Never been a particular fan of the series, since WW2 era shooters aren't my thing, but the Modern Warfare direction of CoD4 hooked me. Damn good game. Beat it on Veteran, Mile High Club is the last achievement, but haven't put much effort into it yet.

Continuing the trend of finally playing shooters I had missed, started up Gears 2. Only a couple hours in, and it's basically Gears 1 with weird gimmicks thrown in every level. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I loved the first one, so I was expecting to be pulled right into Gears 2, but I'm not feeling it yet.

Hmm...well, I'll be 41 at the end of the month and I still play video games somewhat regularly. I'm also married with a 3 1/2 year old and an 18 month old. I can tell you it's possible to carve out some gaming time but I'd be lying if I told you it would be the same as before having kids. With kids you just can't do those marathon gaming sessions anymore but you can still get a little gaming in after you've put them to bed, early in the morning, etc. Hell, I'm looking forward to playing video games with my kids when they get older. And as far as them schooling me - well, that'll be a proud day because they will have accomplished something (wink). It also probably helps my ability to play vids from time to time that my wife is a bit of a gamer as well. We like to play coop games together like Halo, etc.

Oh, and I just started playing Dragon Age: Origins on the PC. I'm also rockin' it on an old Pentium 4 (no dual core) machine and, so far, not even a hiccup (smile). Although, over the years I have upgraded practically everything in it but the processor.

On that note I went off and found out that Team 17 are doing a remake of Alien Breed, which was pure awesomeness on a stick when it was released in 1991. It was bascially a Gauntlet clone but done as a, er, 'homage' to Aliens. It was brilliance. This led to me trying to get the original to work on DOSBox for fricking ages before giving up and playing Flashback for a while.

I remembered the last time I played this I was going to give the thing a full replay but gave up. I was trying to remember why until I inadvertantly vapourised myself 25 minutes after the last save checkpoint and then remembered why. Totally awesome game in its day though. Its day being, of course, seventeen years ago. Sigh.

Archived