Logging In

The Pale Griffin

I'd love to contribute as well. I just joined the forums the other day, but have been trolling for a while now. I've been doing a bunch of wiki-based stuff for the TV show over at http://www.screened.com/ and am excited to be able to do the same for the new book.

Welcome to the wiki!

Are logging in problems solved?

Hey folks,

I have re-enabled the authentication plugin that's needed for logins. Go visit the wiki and get yourself sorted!

I don't know how long I shall be able to keep the plugin open, though, because of the added load. So don't dilly-dally. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I created an account about two weeks ago, and it works fine on the forums, but I can't seem to get into the wiki. Getting the same 'There is no user by the name "TheNobleDuke". Check your spelling.' error Rex Day was getting.

Have you tried using the bridge link at the top of the forum page? Don't try logging in directly over there, it won't accept anyone. The way in at first is through the forum bridge.

Hi everyone, I also have a new account and seem to be having the same logging in issue everyone else is having. I tried clicking on the bridge above (Cookies enabled and all) yet I cannot log into the Wiki. Any updates on solving this issue are greatly appreciated.

The wiki-forum bridge is still buggy and as such we're only able to open it now and then or the site performance issues get even worse. I believe Ran was planning to schedule an open window soon.

The wiki is now open to logins, I believe. Get in before I need to close it again (you'll know it's imminent when SQL errors start to proliferate.)

ETA: Okay, now closed. Will try again tomorrow.

The wiki is now open to logins, I believe. Get in before I need to close it again (you'll know it's imminent when SQL errors start to proliferate.)

ETA: Okay, now closed. Will try again tomorrow.

Ah I missed it; I'll keep a better watch here and try again next time. Just to confirm, the 'bridge' link is the link under the banner that says 'wiki' between 'Members' and 'Chat'?

I joined here solely because I was interested in working on the Wiki. I'm an admin on the English-language Wiki and have contributed to a few Wikia projects as well. If there's any way to let me know when you're opening up logins, I'd be very appreciative.

We use a system to bridge logins in the forum to the wiki... but that has been acting up tremendously in relation to the high levels of traffic we've been getting lately, so I've had to keep it turned off most of the time.

Presently, best way to get access is either to wait for the few hours I occasionally open it for -- generally around 11 AM (Central European time) to however long we can go without too many SQL connection errors -- or to contact me via e-mail and we'll try to arrange a specific window when I can open it for you to get logged in. [email protected] is the e-mail address.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I believe that the extens that we use is this. About the second part of your post, it's my understanding that this issues was caused because of the high traffic resulted due to the picked interest after game of thrones TV show. just the same you notice that the forum is running most of the time in performance mode (try clicking my profile or searching anything).

IIRC, we should be moving to a new sever very soon, which supposedly should fix all our problems.

Indeed. I actually had the bridge open all day yesterday, but a tweak to the settings file necessitated purging the wiki cache, which tends to mean a heavier-than-normal load on the server as people browse. However... I suppose it's been long enough that I can put the bridge back on.

There are some bugs remaining with the bridge, but on the whole it's working better than it ever has before.

Archived