Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Triskan

"That's your boyfriend?!?"

288 posts in this topic

Pfft. How much use can a yacht see in the middle of American Steppe? Hereward, on the other hand, apparently has an ocean in his back garden. And his front garden. I would think that he might be persuaded to forgive your treachery so long as you promise to help him sail to the pub and then out for some groceries.

Prairie Schooners, duh. You need two things for sailing: wind, and water. And alcohol. Okay, three things. We have more wind than anyone, and as for water? Melting glaciers, bitches! 7500' more feet of sea level rise & we are out of here. See these rocks in the yard? That's pure limestone. 'Limestone' as in 'the remains of coral reefs'. This was seafloor once, and we preppers won't be caught unready next time. Floods in Colorado last summer are merely a foretaste of what's to come.

Floods in Colorado last summer are merely a foretaste of what's to come.

Only if one were ignorant of what's in the Good Book, fooolz.

Ah, Dame Lilith is still far away then, about 3.5 hrs south of where I am at. The wish to invite her to dinner would have to remain unfulfilled. But do ask her to say hi to Wednesday's favorite funeral parlor. ;-)

Only if one were ignorant of what's in the Good Book, fooolz.

Ah, Dame Lilith is still far away then, about 3.5 hrs south of where I am at. The wish to invite her to dinner would have to remain unfulfilled. But do ask her to say hi to Wednesday's favorite funeral parlor. ;-)

Mr. Ibis is not at home to callers (actually recognized a cultural reference for once!) I met her in Chicago for T-giving & we drove down to her apartment; that's a really long state. Huck & Jim set off from Missouri & spend nearly the entire book floating past Illinois. When they miss their exit, they are in the deep South.

Prairie Schooners, duh. You need two things for sailing: wind, and water. And alcohol. Okay, three things. We have more wind than anyone, and as for water? Melting glaciers, bitches! 7500' more feet of sea level rise & we are out of here. See these rocks in the yard? That's pure limestone. 'Limestone' as in 'the remains of coral reefs'. This was seafloor once, and we preppers won't be caught unready next time. Floods in Colorado last summer are merely a foretaste of what's to come.

This is why I like your posts.

Obviously the purpose of this thread, as is clear by my evident genius, was to bring timmet back to us. I had no ulterior motive, and I cannot believe that you guys are so ungrateful as to not be heaping praise upon me.

Obviously the purpose of this thread, as is clear by my evident genius, was to bring timmet back to us. I had no ulterior motive, and I cannot believe that you guys are so ungrateful as to not be heaping praise upon me.

You were playing such a long game that we missed the point. Congratulations. :cheers:

The pull was magnetical-vortexy. Like walking in front of a spooled up jet engine. Besides, if life has taught me one lesson, it's Never say 'no' to an ape with a handgun (long story.) I liked Young Trisky, too -- the genius was always there, even as far back as 2009.

Hi, Kat! How's rocks?

Is there any peer-reviewed research that unrelenting wind makes people go crazy? I ask merely out of curiosity.