Dragon Age: Origins IV

a wooden chair

I know one who downloaded the buggy return to Ostagar version. Supposedly it took about 30 min to finish and was worth about three dollars by his estimate.

I'd still get it most likely, I enjoy the game enough to support it in hopes of more development.

Plus, RtO = more Alistair, and I'm a sucker for party banter, wink.gif

RtO -

One of the girls on the SiB board posted screenshots of some Cailin-related letters she found.

They brought up some interesting questions about his relationship with Anora and a possible affair with the Empress of Orlais.

Speaking as a brunette myself, I'm not going to argue against the latter point, but I struggled to find a convincing in-character reason to keep Loghain around. It's not like the PC has any reason at all to trust Loghain (and, depending on background, potentially plenty of reasons to want him dead), so he's not going to do much commanding, which is supposedly his strong suit. And taking the risk of him stabbing you in the back as soon as it's convenient just to gain one more soldier seems a bit insane.

Of course my human noble who married Anora figured it would be somewhat poor form to kill his future father-in-law.

I married Anora and got Ally McBeal to kill Loghain. I think it worked out for the best.

I'd still get it most likely, I enjoy the game enough to support it in hopes of more development.

RtO -

One of the girls on the SiB board posted screenshots of some Cailin-related letters she found.

They brought up some interesting questions about his relationship with Anora and a possible affair with the Empress of Orlais.

So your spoiler would seem to indicate that RtO is essentially "set" after the events of the epilogue????

So your spoiler would seem to indicate that RtO is essentially "set" after the events of the epilogue????

No, I think they're pages you can find in the wreckage of Ostagar, so they were likely in Cailin's personal baggage or something like that.

One letter is from Eamon and the other two are from the Empress.

I only quick-scanned them since I was in a hurry, but I remember Eamon saying something about speaking with Cailin after the battle about setting Anora aside since she had been unable to get pregnant.

If Loghain knew that Anora was on borrowed time as Queen - that could have been an additional reason to get both Cailin and Eamon out of the way.

Heh, Bioware seems to have no luck with DLC. Microsoft fucked up again earlier today and made all the various pre-order bonus items for Mass Effect 2, that were supposed to be tied to specific vendors or buying the collector's edition, available to every Xbox owner, completely free of charge. Maybe a full blown expansion will get their full attention and thus avoid such silly mistakes.

damn i missed out on that. its not available any more as far as i can tell

No, I think they're pages you can find in the wreckage of Ostagar, so they were likely in Cailin's personal baggage or something like that.

One letter is from Eamon and the other two are from the Empress.

I only quick-scanned them since I was in a hurry, but I remember Eamon saying something about speaking with Cailin after the battle about setting Anora aside since she had been unable to get pregnant.

If Loghain knew that Anora was on borrowed time as Queen - that could have been an additional reason to get both Cailin and Eamon out of the way.

Ahhhhh... I misunderstood. I thought you were saying that Alistair was having an affair with the Empress of Orlais.

That's interesting, because it would seem to indicate some justification for Loghain's paranoia that Orlais was an eminent threat to the kingdom.

I know one who downloaded the buggy return to Ostagar version. Supposedly it took about 30 min to finish and was worth about three dollars by his estimate.

Considering they are only asking $5 I'll allow room for $3 + Overhead.

I'm more worried about the cost of The Awakening honestly. Especially if it's $40 for something like 15 hours of play when I expect at least 25-30, even then that's low standards in my community of hardcore gamer friends.

Then again I haven't read anything about how long they are gauging it for so I'll stay optimistic against all better judgement.

RtO -

Anything to make Loghain's actions more justified is great for me. Do you find it ironic how in one of the codex entries the Empress of Orlais is quoted as calling Anora a rare gem of Feralden or something along those lines?

Considering they are only asking $5 I'll allow room for $3 + Overhead.

I'm more worried about the cost of The Awakening honestly. Especially if it's $40 for something like 15 hours of play when I expect at least 25-30, even then that's low standards in my community of hardcore gamer friends.

Then again I haven't read anything about how long they are gauging it for so I'll stay optimistic against all better judgement.

All that is true, but the fact of the matter is that we're all going to play it through at least twice, so we're back to the 30 hours you want. I'm not supporting the fact that we're Bioware's bitch on this, but let's face the facts as they are.

I'm just glad that my replacement disc is due from UPS on Friday - since I'm playing this on the 360 instead of the PC, the download option wasn't an option. Also, I get why people think PC version is better, but I really prefer to play with a controller instead of a key board and mouse because it hurts my hand to use a mouse more than an hour or two a day!

Ahhhhh... I misunderstood. I thought you were saying that Alistair was having an affair with the Empress of Orlais.

That's interesting, because it would seem to indicate some justification for Loghain's paranoia that Orlais was an eminent threat to the kingdom.

No, it is quite clear that Alistair is...inexperienced...

He'd have to be a better liar than Zevran to get through the 'head explody' conversation otherwise.

I'm finishing up Orzammar on my Dwarf Noble... would it have killed them to include an option for me to be elected King???? I mean seriously, I've read the spoilers, I know human nobles have some options at royalty. Why leave the short and stocky folk without a similar chance?

I'm finishing up Orzammar on my Dwarf Noble... would it have killed them to include an option for me to be elected King???? I mean seriously, I've read the spoilers, I know human nobles have some options at royalty. Why leave the short and stocky folk without a similar chance?

From what I've read (Haven't done it yet) you get elected king in the epilogue if you support your father's friend instead of your backstabbing brother. Of course Harrowmont still ruins everything, successor being you or not.

From what I've read (Haven't done it yet) you get elected king in the epilogue if you support your father's friend instead of your backstabbing brother. Of course Harrowmont still ruins everything, successor being you or not.

Ohhhhhh... Hmph. Interesting. I also just found out that if you sleep with the noble chaser in the origin story, when you come back, you have a son. I chose to turn my nose up at the filthy whore and missed out on that I suppose! LOL.

Ohhhhhh... Hmph. Interesting. I also just found out that if you sleep with the noble chaser in the origin story, when you come back, you have a son. I chose to turn my nose up at the filthy whore and missed out on that I suppose! LOL.

Hmm...seems there are things I miss out on by playing mostly female characters.

Of course being a fem!dorf meant I got to shag Gorim (offscreen sadly), :D

Hmm...seems there are things I miss out on by playing mostly female characters.

Of course being a fem!dorf meant I got to shag Gorim (offscreen sadly), :D

It also leads to a great question: "just how long have you been gone?????" If I had gotten with the dirty lowborn in my origin, its now a year later when I return to Orzammar? And the dwarf chick who wants to study with the mages says its 2 weeks to the tower, but in Redcliffe it was just two days... but they're about the same distance on the map. (Terrain and whatnot not withstanding...)

Ah well, I've never been one to nitpick.

It also leads to a great question: "just how long have you been gone?????" If I had gotten with the dirty lowborn in my origin, its now a year later when I return to Orzammar? And the dwarf chick who wants to study with the mages says its 2 weeks to the tower, but in Redcliffe it was just two days... but they're about the same distance on the map. (Terrain and whatnot not withstanding...)

The passage of time in the game is left deliberately vague, since you can freely choose in which order to do quests, but the implication is clearly that you spend a lot of time just travelling. It still doesn't truly add up IMO, but it's a minor quibble.

Archived