thanks so much

bush1e

thanks to the mods, and to everyone who has contributed to the westeros mod of mtw ii

ever since shogun: total war i have been addicted to the TW series. i have played all the tw games up to empire tw. mtw ii was easily my fav, and i loved all the mods, especially stainless steel

i have been reading grrm for several years now. when i found out that there was a mtw ii mod for asoiaf, i was pretty excited. i dl'd it and played it two days ago, v. 0.53 iirc

wow, just wow. its great to put the cities into that kind of context. now i understand the strategic significance of so many towns/castles. the open spaces of the north. the centralised wealth of the center. (i havent got to the south yet). the dread of dreadful generals in the books, and the chivalry of the honourable knights. a smile creeps onto my face every time i click on a general and recognise the name, and immediately have some emotional attachment, whether positive or negative.

ive played games avidly for nearly 20 years, and this is one of my top gaming experiences. thanks so much

thanks to the mods, and to everyone who has contributed to the westeros mod of mtw ii

ever since shogun: total war i have been addicted to the TW series. i have played all the tw games up to empire tw. mtw ii was easily my fav, and i loved all the mods, especially stainless steel

i have been reading grrm for several years now. when i found out that there was a mtw ii mod for asoiaf, i was pretty excited. i dl'd it and played it two days ago, v. 0.53 iirc

wow, just wow. its great to put the cities into that kind of context. now i understand the strategic significance of so many towns/castles. the open spaces of the north. the centralised wealth of the center. (i havent got to the south yet). the dread of dreadful generals in the books, and the chivalry of the honourable knights. a smile creeps onto my face every time i click on a general and recognise the name, and immediately have some emotional attachment, whether positive or negative.

ive played games avidly for nearly 20 years, and this is one of my top gaming experiences. thanks so much

You're welcome :)

Now we just need to finish the thing. Which isn't looking too great for the near future, but hopefully we can rope in some more talent in the new year.

• 1 year later...

I concur! I've played the Total War series since the very first Shogun and loved it (I bought every one as well). I'm also a big GRRM fan and have re-read his ASOIF series 3 times over, just recently finishing AFFC for the 3rd time. I am now impatiently waiting for ADWD, along with everyone else. The recent reread, along with playing some Total War: MWII, Britannia scenarios got me wondering how amazingly awesome it would be if someone modded it the game for the world of Westeros. A google search or two later and I'm now downloading it. THANK YOU! Can't wait til it's finished so I can hop in and play!

Yup. Remember the current version is very much an alpha-level demo. It's playable and fun, but the full version is going to be so much better, with all of the units for all of the factions reskinned (most remodelled as well) and a lot more interesting events and AI.

• 7 months later...

Archived