Is Robert Jordan a Sell-out?

zakalwe7

Sorry. Couldn't resist. *hangs head in shame*

Most of the wonderful flame-throwing Jordan threads were closed before I ever started to post, and it's practically a baptism of fire to participate in an abortion thread, an RJ thread and a "Let's bash Sansa and Catelyn" thread. Now that I've done the first two, I just need to wait for a bashing thread to complete my initiation. I know it won't be long.

Oh, and just so you know, that statement about you agreeing with me was in fact a totally baseless opinion. ;)

Does everyone remebere the last great Jordan debate, wow that was some crazy shit but nothing was ever proven...execpt Kalbears skill in driving Os mad with rage. So do we really need to beat this into the ground again.

Guest OsRavan

its a fact that no one has presented any solid evidence to his beign a sellout. If thats your opinion sansa then i have no problem with it. and when i sya baseless.. obviosuyl its basedo n an opinion so in that sense your correct but the opinion itself isnt basedo nany actual groudned facts.. jsut on your personal perception of said author.

and certainyl those who claim its a fact he sells out would be wrong

obviosuyl its basedo n an opinion so in that sense your correct but the opinion itself isnt basedo nany actual groudned facts.. jsut on your personal perception of said author.

every poster in this thread has said 'in my opinion'.... do you need reading glasses, Os?

N

Guest OsRavan

I ahve no problem with those saying in my opinion. and makign it clear they are simpyl basing it on a non factual persoanl opinion

Guest OsRavan

ohh and for the record someone did claim it was a fac.t if they hadnt prsented it as a fact i would not have posted. all i care about is protecting our youth. and fightign for freedom and democracy.. ie inncoent untill proven guilty

but groudn meat said he *Was* so i had to clarify

Well, everyone (or near enough as to make no difference) in here has said 'in my opinion' and yet you still feel the need to go on and on and on about it.

Fair enough if you want to come in here and say 'I don't think he's a sellout because of x, y and z' but you never put forward your opinion you just jump up and down others. That's plain rude.

I also put it to you that this is the other author's thread and by it's very nature a subjective forum - it seems superfluous to come into any thread and say 'that's only your opinion' :shrugs:

N

Guest OsRavan

sil i gave oyu the person who did not say imo. on the first page. i woudl not havep osted here if i had not seen someone present sellign out as a fact instead of an opinion. thats 1)

2) i have before and am quite willing to explain why he isnt a sellout. but it boils down to innocnet untill proven guitly. you dont go hes a sellotu but i have no real proof. theres not a shred of evidence. thats the proof hes not a sellout. all selling out claism are based on subjective material and personal opnions.

and again no it wasn ot clear that this was everyoens opinion

I also put it to you that this is the other author's thread and by it's very nature a subjective forum - it seems superfluous to come into any thread and say 'that's only your opinion' :shrugs:

N

Absolutely agree. Indeed it would be simpler to point out where you were not pointing out an opinion and declaring a fact given that it would be much the rarer.

Guest OsRavan

thats your opinion. but i disagree. we have children coming into these forums and if they see peopel they admrie making declaritive statments "jordan is this. z is this x is that" and so on. its going to affect their world view.

In which case Os, every post in every forum should have a signature of 'in my opinion'

I also think that if the 'children' are mature enough to read GRRM and discuss it on this board they'll too know when an opinion is an opinion without it being spelt out for them. Have a little faith in your fellow boarders mental acuity, why don't cha?

N

Archived