World of Warcraft

GoN

Continue!

Steve- I've never heard of moving him to Keri's room. Ever. Weird.

Looking forward to the new wing of ICC tonight. And only 2 weeks to wait for the next? giev.

Been playing my hunter. Its a sad state of affairs when even my alts have every spec kitted out in 232/245 gear.

She accidentally Cloak of Shadows'd the debuff off trying to evasion. Which is probably how she's never gotten it at all.

It took me about 5 tries because of the same thing. I love my cloak but it get's me into some sticky situations.

Healed ICC 10 for the first time ever last night, and I was certainly not on my A-game. Trash pulls went awry a few times but we one shot Lord M. Got to Lady D and good lord it was amazing.

For most people in the raid (all new recruits) had never gotten passed Phase 1 and never raided with one another before, they did really well. First attempt gt the mana shield to 19%. Second one got shield down and boss to 15% and for whatever reason, that was our road block. 400 wipes later we still only got her to 12% health. It was the weirdest thing, adds went down no problem, people followed orders, watched for ghosts, but in the end they let too many Frostbolts fly. It was a bit frustrating, but overall they did well.

Progression crew runs tonight, I'm looking forward to stabbing some new bosses :-)

Also, Race should stop having my name. I keep reading "-Steve" an momentarily wondering how you all figured out who I am :P.

Yeah, what gets me is she wasn't even trying to cloak. She wanted Evasion. (Granted on my abandoned rogue, they're next to each other, only a modifier key apart, but yeah).

I've never even tried to move Omorok at all. I can't imagine a reason to kite him to anywhere.

My DK's not very geared, but my paladin's main spec averages 232, and offspec averages 229 or so at the moment. Damn healing gear is catching up to the dps gear, in part due to all the pieces that have too much damn armor penetration to be solid choices. And the need to balance hit/expertise caps requiring me to upgrade 2-3 pieces at a time. This means, for example, that barring the unlikely event of actually getting the Saurfang 10 chest, I need to wait on enough Emblems of Frost to buy the T10 chestpiece before replacing my ring & belt, or else sit around with surplus hit. And I can't replace the chest without replacing those or similar slots to make up the nearly 80 hit on my T8. Because I don't expect to go on enough ToC25 runs for a shot at the chest off of faction champs (especially since I'll probably be healing), Titanium Razorplate is poorly itemized for Ret (though at least it doesn't cost important emblems), and nothing below is worth bothering with. So I'm expecting no dps gear changes until I reach 155 emblems of frost, which is far away at the moment. Of course, the highly unlikely Saurfang 10 chest is the best option, if set bonuses are discounted (and I'm not sure how to value the 2-pc set bonus). But the T10 isn't far behind it (basically, one socket vs. the contribution towards set bonus).

I've never even tried to move Omorok at all. I can't imagine a reason to kite him to anywhere.

I think there are some people out there who take the "fast heroics" to an extreme. Kiting bosses is where it starts getting more than a bit extreme, if you ask me. I do like to chain pull trash when I'm tanking some place like HoS or whatever. It's part of the fun for me, to keep everything moving while still making sure to loot everything that's mine to loot. Still, even easy bosses it's not worth the grief of disrupting the routine so much just to save you the 30 seconds of running or whatever.

Got Festergut and Rotface down in 25s, and did Tribute to Insanity for the first time. Not a bad night. :)

I like these new bosses significantly more than the old. Festergut requires both a gear/skill check and some good coordination. Rotface is similar with the kiting of adds and managing them properly.

And neither appear to be like Putricide.

Didn't bother with Putricide; wanted to see whether or not the fight was bugged and get more info about it. I wrote up a quickie guide on the fight based on the 10-man (the video is here: http://www.youtube.c...?v=VFDnzm8uxN8)

It's a 3-phase fight.

Phase 1 lasts to 80%. During this Putricide will do unstable experiments that will either do the gas cloud (which should be kited while being killed by ranged) or the volatile ooze (which everyone needs to group up on the guy targeted while DPSing). The volatile ooze especially seems to cause problems; it can do a lot of damage. The mutated abom eats the slime and uses his abilities on the oozes to slow them down and cause them to take more damage.

Phase 2 lasts to 35%. Putricide has the abilities above, and does two others. The first is the choking gas bomb, which is dropped near where he is and cause him to be kited away before they explode. The second is the malleable ooze, which targets a random player and has a good AoE damage as well as a slowing effect.

Phase 3 removes the two adds that spawn. He retains his phase 2 abilities. He also apparently cancels the mutated abom existence, which means that it's similar to Lady Vashj; eventually the room will fill with slime and you'll wipe because of that. (it could be that this isn't a requirement and the reason it happened here is because one of the tanks was the abom). He gains an ability called mutated plague, which lasts 60 seconds and gets put on every 10 seconds (which refreshes the stack). Here's the wowhead link:

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=72672

The mutating plague does AoE damage to the raid (centered on the tank), not just the tank. It multiplies, so one stack does 200, 2 do 400, 3 do 1200. 5 stacks appear to do around 8k. You can outrange it.

What's interesting to note is that it looks like if the target of mutated plague dies or the stack falls off, putricide heals for a ton. Which means tank switches are needed to keep stacks reasonable between the two (as they apparently multiply damage) but you can't allow the plague to drop off, ever. So the trick is going to manage the tank stacks so that the raid isn't taking too much but he's reasonably tauntable.

In the video they appear to last for about 9 total stacks; they split it 5/4 on the tanks, taunting after 3 and then taunting back after another 3, then taunting at 5.

No clue whether divine shield works to clear it, but I doubt it.

Obviously P3 is where we'd want to use our bloodlust and any DPS cooldowns. Prior to this there's nothing like a race.

Not sure whether or not that's going to be totally accurate in 25; I've heard guilds having problems keeping the ooze manageable in 25s with just one abom, but I've also heard that you can only get one abom no matter what.

I don't think you need to; I think that it's okay if you don't. A lot of guilds were getting to P3 with just one abom, some as low as 2% kills. And the abom does nothing in P3 (literally it goes away) so I don't think that's the problem.

People just need to get used to playing the abom and eating slimes, probably prioritizing that above almost anything else. They might have to hold DPS on P2 so that the abom can eat more. Getting a clean phase transition is likely going to be the difference between a wipe and a kill early on.

Yeah, using 2 probably just eases the learning curve a little for the controller.

We have the first 4 bosses down, so we're through to the new content now. Lag City throughout so far.

I like that ICC has a steam-based variation of Frogger though! The first guy through the door got a big surprise :lol:

I was given a heads up about that, I've yet to decide if I'm going to forewarn my crew or let them get blasted :-).

I've have also been informed that my guild wants to keep a Strict 10 Man rating, which means good by 25 ICC until Heroic modes :-(.

Thank you guys for the warning about Frogger 3.0. I was able to judiciously withhold that information from all but myself and our guild leader, so she and I could laugh as everyone else ran ahead and died on the frost vent stuff. In fact, even once they knew they were there, some of them still kept dying, and the GL and me were the only ones who didn't die. That was awesome.

We had our best Deathbringer yet, killing him with not even a single mark going out. He had like 75 blood power too so it wasn't even like it was close. That was a pretty good sign for DPS coming up on the new stuff. Everybody was very amused by Professor Putricide's voice as we went through the dogs and then trash to Festergut. Took about five tries there, but we got him on the first night. That was pretty good for us. I wasn't sure if we would put it together that fast. Raid leader was all paranoid about beating the DPS timer but we ended up killing him with 40 seconds to spare. So, that was sweet. And I won new healing gloves so my unbuffed mana pool is now like 30,000. Awesome.

Except I'm tanking this week, so all the frost emblems that I've sunk into my holy gear so far didn't help us a bit! Still, I feel like if I can survive the worst that Festergut can throw at me, then I'm doing pretty good as far as my tank set's concerned. At least for now.

We didn't have much time left by the time we made it over to Rotface, so we only took a couple of tries on him. I seem to be the ooze kiting tank and I didn't get much of a chance to do it right for long. Other people were not running the small oozes to me so I never got a good sense of what I have to do. We'll see. I think we should be able to get that guy without too much trouble on the next raid night. Putricide, who knows.

My 25 man only had 23 people, so we cleared the trash up to Festergut and took 2 tries at him just to practice. Then 10 of us did the 10 man version, cleared the first wing easily, then finally got Festergut down and got Rotface to 33% before we had to call it a night. It was a lot of fun, The challenge difference between the first wing and second wing is huge though. I think H HoR is harder than the first wing of ICC on 10 man, personally.

OMG!!! there is an ooze on me! What do I do!!?!?! *Run all over the place*

Seemed to be how our Rotface attempts went.

We got Festergut down in 2 attempts, but only right at the enrage timer. A pally bubbled and a rogue vanished but everyone else died as he dropped. We did have one dps that was dc'd for 80% of the fight, though.

I think we confused people by saying kite the oozes. They would keep them running around and around rather than running them to the big ooze.

OMG!!! there is an ooze on me! What do I do!!?!?! *Run all over the place*

Seemed to be how our Rotface attempts went.

This is probably what I'm most afraid of for tonight. 7 of my core 10 man I know I can count on but other then that I don't know. Our DK tank had the lowest survivability last night only barely beating one of our disc/holy priests, but we'll see.

Unfortunately I was still handing out loot when my raid ran into the steam traps, so I only got to see a few party frames drop to zero, but it was still totally worth it. I also have a pretty cool screen shot of me killing myself because our tank pulled two Val'kyrs who spawned 3 pallys all using Flash Heal and one dirty rogue :-p. We cleared trash for rep and decided to save the fights for a fresh and rested crew.

I'd gathered roughly that there were vents or something.

Then a few people died. Then I trivially handled walking through without dying. Then a rogue found a lever which turned them all off.

We had a sloppy start, actually wiping on Marrowgar and nearly wiping on Gunship, and then discovered (at 10) that the holy paladin we'd grabbed to fill in for someone missing had to go at 10:30. This resulted in us only getting a couple of stabs at Festergut, basically enough that I now have a feel for the fight (though I need to update my bossmods) and not to make any meaningful progress.

We should have most of tonight to work on it, assuming we're not desperately short people; I know of two who won't be able to come, but one missing guy should be around, so hopefully we'll have some more bodies and not spend a large part of our raid time looking for someone.

I'm trying to figure out if I can squeeze a random in before the raid (along with getting dinner ready) as that would let me upgrade my cloak and weapon before any boss attempts (holding off on the weapon upgrade to avoid wasting stat points on surplus hit until I put in the new cloak).

And I'm reading the Arthas book. So far, it is silly. And Arthas is an immature little twerp.

Yeah, our Rotface tries were not at all encouraging. Maybe we should go left first tonight. On the other hand, most of the fail was coming from our random pickups. I have no idea where our RL gets these people but they are unbelievable. We have had two to three pickups every week and of all of these since starting ICC, two have been not horrible, one of which was merely inoffensively adequate, and we get at least one epic fail a week. From the rogue who refused to switch to bone spikes because it lowered his DPS to the druid who suggests we give him master looter so he can have a slightly more comfortable healing assignment to the hunter who shows up with a level 77 pet in BM spec, then after a few comments are made he says he plans to switch to his survival spec 'if his DPS gets too low.' He then switches around multiple times during the night - I can only guess that he would switch to the better spec when his damage done fell too far below a tank's.

Said hunter's reaction on getting a slime on him on Rotface (while there was a big slime up to run it to) was to run in circles right around the boss's hitbox, in what looked to me like melee range of the boss.

Rather puzzled at why we don't at the very least get rid of the people who are obviously bad before doing progression content.

It seems to be hard, for some reason, for raid leaders who have to get pugs to

a) screen those pugs at all

B) dispose of pugs who do not perform well

Really (B) is the kicker. But some people are so afraid of hitting up LFG, or going idle to focus on finding someone, that they'll put up with a total fail instead. The rogue who took over raid leadership for our 10-mans will take an undergeared guildie who doesn't want to learn how to play the class effectively rather than a pug. And he'll desperately beg for someone to have a friend before going to LFG. Sometimes to the point of wasting time; if it's a healer or tank, yes, I'd rather have someone I know. We need a dps? Go look at LFG and let's armory some candidates. Hey this guy has solid gear, his spec is sensible, let's give it a try. Done!

If not for the Deathwhisper 25 nerfs, I wouldn't be surprised if our 25-man started to collapse; it looked like we were pretty blocked on that, due to having a bunch of idiots in group. Our last Justicebringer drop went to a fury warrior, with entirely good gear, and a perfectly good spec, who apparently hadn't thought of Heroic Strike or Slam at all, despite having a talent for instant Slams... fortunately I haven't seen her since. But that's the sort of person we often end up with.

Festergut... I didn't check how hard he was hitting me, but his tank damage scales up fast. The good news is that with a 5-minute enrage timer, we won't need to deal with more than two +90% damage, +90% attack speed phases. I'm just hoping we get some decent time to try the boss; we'll probably have to end around 10:30 again (time for an alt-Jaraxxus, hopefully), but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't start til 8 or 8:30, instead of our theoretical 7:30 start time, as we desperately seek bodies to fill for missing regulars.

Festergut... I didn't check how hard he was hitting me, but his tank damage scales up fast. The good news is that with a 5-minute enrage timer, we won't need to deal with more than two +90% damage, +90% attack speed phases. I'm just hoping we get some decent time to try the boss; we'll probably have to end around 10:30 again (time for an alt-Jaraxxus, hopefully), but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't start til 8 or 8:30, instead of our theoretical 7:30 start time, as we desperately seek bodies to fill for missing regulars.

It's pretty cool stuff. I felt like it was not that hard, but then, as the off-tank last night, my job was just to stand there and do some damage until it was my turn to taunt. If I got spored, the melee were all running to me anyway. Still, I don't think we had an actual tank death during the +90% damage stuff. Both times the MT keeled over it was still during +60% and I survived all the way through the +90 after I picked up the boss. And that was even with pretty much insta-proccing Ardent Defender after taunting during the +60% part. But I made it to the end just fine.

Ahead of time, I was thinking, "Oh man, five minute enrage timer, we're all gonna die!" That did not prove to be as harsh as I figured. 25 man seems pretty nuts, though. 40 million in 8 minutes? But, I haven't done a good 25 man raid in about 6 months, so I don't know what kind of DPS even an average 25 man raider can crank out with gear that they'd have now.

Ahead of time, I was thinking, "Oh man, five minute enrage timer, we're all gonna die!" That did not prove to be as harsh as I figured. 25 man seems pretty nuts, though. 40 million in 8 minutes? But, I haven't done a good 25 man raid in about 6 months, so I don't know what kind of DPS even an average 25 man raider can crank out with gear that they'd have now.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n4ro4kzrfq381xj7/sum/damageDone/?s=8715&e=9020

looks like we ranged from just under 6k to just over 11k

So yeah 40 million in 300 seconds is an average of 133.33k dps. 2 tanks 6 heals thats 17 dps averageing ~7850dps

It's a very dps-friendly fight, almost like Patchwerk; Melee almost never has to move (only if two spores are in melee) and ranged doesn't have to move much.

The tank that gets the 90% debuff also can do some silly damage when not tanking.

Here's ours (we used two tanks instead of three, so we got a bit more and beat the enrage by 30 sec or so):http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/oaqchbd9zzj4e7r9/sum/damageDone/?s=9566&e=9842

It's a very dps-friendly fight, almost like Patchwerk; Melee almost never has to move (only if two spores are in melee) and ranged doesn't have to move much.

The tank that gets the 90% debuff also can do some silly damage when not tanking.

Here's ours (we used two tanks instead of three, so we got a bit more and beat the enrage by 30 sec or so):http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/oaqchbd9zzj4e7r9/sum/damageDone/?s=9566&e=9842

3 shadow priests? Damn Kal.

Archived