Footie 17

Mme Erzulie

Well, I'd say Arsenal are fucked!

That was amazing though, Nani was actually good.

Shocked me, too. I kept expecting the horrible decision making, the stupid and incredibly pointless displays of ineffective skill, the ponderous slow-downs of possession and mistimed and usually misfired crosses, combined with his horrible pansy displays to win the ball back for his team, and inevitably fouling the opposition, giving away a million free-kicks.

But no. He was good.

Damn.

Some observations:

1. Arsenal desperately need a proper centre forward. There's no point in lone-striker Arshavin crossing balls into the box for Nasri and Rosicky.

2. Arsenal need some proper defensive players.

When will Arsenal fans start getting impatient with Wenger? They've been humped at home twice this season and don't look like they'll win anthing at all this season.

Arsenal's main downfall today was horrible and downright lazy defending. Denilson and another player just stop running back at full speed even though Rooney is breathing down their necks. Unforgivable.

And speaking of managers and impatience, this article claims Rafa might be headed for Juventus immediately.

As it stands, I'm not sure if I would mourn or welcome his passing.

If that turns out to be true about Terry, then yes, he should be stripped of his Captaincy for Chelsea and England. It shows a serious lack of character, rather than leadership.
laugh.gif How utterly ridiculous. If it is subsequently demonstrated that Terry is no longer capable of performing the role of capatin for whatever reason (i.e. if other players take no notice of his views or there is any open conflict) then that is the time to do something about it. Until then every one should grow the fuck up and mind their own business.

Well, it'll be interesting to see what'll happen in the next few internationals. The Man City squad's allegedly rather anti-Terry at the moment (understandably); that's just Gareth Barry and possibly Wright-Philips and Richards, but, hard to say how long it'll last and what effect it'll have on the pitch.

I would usually agree that though Terry's actions make him a cock of the highest order but should have no effect on his choice as captain of England. However, in this case, he has allegedly been offering advice to a fellow club and international team mate while betraying him behind his back. Now we don't know what advice was given to Bridge as both players are keeping their lips sealed on the matter, but it doesn't look good.

If Terry can't treat his fellow professional (who is supposedly also his best friend) with some basic respect, then it speaks volumes about how much he must respect the other players he plays with.

So yeah, usually I would say it should have no effect on his England captaincy, but this situation is just a little bit different.

^Bridge is usually in the England squad. I would be surprised if SWP and Richards go to the WC.

I deliberately omitted Bridge. Firstly, he's not had the best of seasons and Capello might pick someone else as a backup left back (assuming Ashley Cole will be fit and will get first berth). Secondly... according to Match of the Day 2, which isn't necessarily a reliable source and opinions may change anyway later on, Bridge has ruled himself out of any England squad that includes Terry.

If Terry can't treat his fellow professional (who is supposedly also his best friend) with some basic respect, then it speaks volumes about how much he must respect the other players he plays with.

So yeah, usually I would say it should have no effect on his England captaincy, but this situation is just a little bit different.

Indeed. While I couldn't give two shits about who JT fucks on the side, you know that current and former teammates are looking around and wondering "Did that bastard fuck my wife, too? If he does that to his best mate, WTF is he going to do me?" So while Terry's inherent abilities may or may not be affected by the incident (this will depend on how much he can keep focus), I think his credibility among his peers and those he is supposed to captain has probably taken a hit. Worse, he could end up being divisive, as some people will stand by him and others will not.

If JT's shenanigans hurt team cohesion, does stripping the armband actually resolve the issue? He'll still be in the dressing room with the team; he'll still be playing with them, and every player will still be looking over his shoulder to keep an eye on his wag. If such a loss of trust, he would really have to be dismissed from the team to resolve it.

And that's not really an option, is it? Who else is England going to partner with Ferdinand at center back? Upson? Lescott? Yeah, I don't think it's realistic.

I would usually agree that though Terry's actions make him a cock of the highest order but should have no effect on his choice as captain of England. However, in this case, he has allegedly been offering advice to a fellow club and international team mate while betraying him behind his back. Now we don't know what advice was given to Bridge as both players are keeping their lips sealed on the matter, but it doesn't look good.

Whichever way you slice it, it's still just behaving like a cock. It's not a criminal offence, like drunk-driving or assault. A lot of people seem to find it difficult to be objective about this issue. I'm pretty sure that nobody here would expect to be sacked for fucking their colleague's wife/husband, no matter how unpopular it made them in the workplace. And it doesn't automatically make you less capable of doing your job well - people who hate each other's guts can still get along professionally. So as I said in my last post, you can't really say in advance that it is going to affect Terry's ability to perform as captain.

2_0_rooney-newzstz.gif

Love him or hate him, in his current form, Rooney is one of the best center forwards in the world.

As to the game.. Arsenal needs a new keeper, desperately. Clichy got ravaged by Nani, but he's just a few games back from injury - his game today was not a relection on his skill in my opinion.

As to Terry.. it all depends on if he was hitting Bridge's ex while they were together or not. If he did, I don't see how he can continue as Captain. If they had broken up before Terry entered (pardon the pun) the picture, it's less of an issue.

EDIT: Why doesn't image BBcode work?

Archived