World of Warcraft

Fenryng

We did Toravon twice last night. First time, with mains, he dropped PvP gear (plate dps belt, DK pants). Second time, with alts and pugs, he dropped rogue pants (no rogues who weren't on DKs), and... I forget. Some sort of PvP gear.

Despite horrendous lag issues (we didn't start, in VoA, until 8:30 at least, and didn't start ICC until after 9), we finally got Rotface down. And took a blind look at Putricide since we only had a few minutes left. I'm not sure if we'll work on him or say Blood wing tonight.

Going to be a challenge to find a non-fail ICC for my paladin this week. I'd like to at least get Saurfang down, though I'd settle for just Marrowgar for the weekly, but I can't say I know where I'm going to find a run. Might be able to fit into the 25 man that I haven't been attending in a pinch, but I'd prefer not to do things that way.

Grats on Rotface!

I'm pretty pissed at my guild. Not only did they change up the schedule which ended in me only have one maybe 2 raid days a week, but last night when we were supposed to go kill Fester and (hopefully) Rotface we sat in front of trash for an hour waiting on one or two people and then they decided to run Normal ToC instead.

I don't mind missing the frost emblems, or banging my head against one boss for a few hours, but if my entire Icecrown experience this week consists of staring at trash then there's gonna be a hell to pay.

We had such bad lag last night that we gave up on Putricide and decided to do Valrithia. I really like that fight, healing to full is a neat idea.

But, on our third try, the tank on the east side died and then got a BR, but most of the DPSers on his side died while he was down. So were were overwhelmed with adds at about 95%... and they got her to 99.5% when a shaman reincarnated, so this shaman and a pally were all that was left. And she popped up, gave her speech about being renewed, and disappeared. We got credit on our achievement (was out first 'kill'), and rep, but no loot or badges.

They put in a ticket, but I have a feeling they'll just tell us she was bugged because we never saw her actually quite reach 100%. But she didnt come back, so it sucks that we cant try anymore this week.

We had such bad lag last night that we gave up on Putricide and decided to do Valrithia. I really like that fight, healing to full is a neat idea.

But, on our third try, the tank on the east side died and then got a BR, but most of the DPSers on his side died while he was down. So were were overwhelmed with adds at about 95%... and they got her to 99.5% when a shaman reincarnated, so this shaman and a pally were all that was left. And she popped up, gave her speech about being renewed, and disappeared. We got credit on our achievement (was out first 'kill'), and rep, but no loot or badges.

They put in a ticket, but I have a feeling they'll just tell us she was bugged because we never saw her actually quite reach 100%. But she didnt come back, so it sucks that we cant try anymore this week.

You should get your emblems in the mail and someone will be told what loot your getting and asked who to send it to. That's generally what happens when a boss bugs like that.

Dreamwalker down tonight. We tried this a few times last week and basically got completely overwhelmed and had no idea how we were expected to do this, and then we tried again this week without really changing much and basically blew it away. The main differences were that our main healer has switched from her priest (who is loaded with gear) to her paladin (who has been 80 for less than a week), and that we actually had more than one person in the raid who could interrupt frostbolt volley. As crucial as that interrupt is... holy paladins are really balanced, yeah?

Sindragosa is a really cool fight, not that we got very far with it.

Got the Frost Infusion quest done tonight, so now I just need shards. Lots of shards.

4 pieces of frost res gear and a flask, and it was completely painless. The logs show that I took 19k damage from the 4 breaths combined. The 6 minute timer on the buff after the 4th breath wasn't an issue either as we seem to have pretty solid dps on the fight. Two ~7.30 kills now, and this one was with an extra healer and me doing an awesome 3k dps!

Our paladin got his quest done too. So far we haven't managed a really clean kill of Sindy though. We still have a few people who really need to pull their metaphorical socks up and learn that asking "where do I stand" in the middle of the third attempt on a boss that because of the limited attempts on it last week, we asked you to do some reading up on, isn't exactly good. ]

I mean we're getting her down ok, but the few attempts we took to get her down this week felt way more clusterfucky than the ones we did when we killed her last week. I guess maybe people have thought "yay no more limited attempts, now I can slack" which kinda sucks.

Dreamwalker down tonight. We tried this a few times last week and basically got completely overwhelmed and had no idea how we were expected to do this, and then we tried again this week without really changing much and basically blew it away. The main differences were that our main healer has switched from her priest (who is loaded with gear) to her paladin (who has been 80 for less than a week), and that we actually had more than one person in the raid who could interrupt frostbolt volley. As crucial as that interrupt is... holy paladins are really balanced, yeah?

Sindragosa is a really cool fight, not that we got very far with it.

Paladins get what Hammer of Justice and Holy wrath (if Undead or Daemon and not immune to stun) as interrupts, with HoJ being on a minute CD, hows that not balanced.

I'm guessing the paladins are happy they don't just need to stand there with beacon up and spam Holy Light, with an occasion sacred shield refresh.

Paladins get what Hammer of Justice and Holy wrath (if Undead or Daemon and not immune to stun) as interrupts, with HoJ being on a minute CD, hows that not balanced.

I'm guessing the paladins are happy they don't just need to stand there with beacon up and spam Holy Light, with an occasion sacred shield refresh.

don't forget, the good ones also have arcane torrent.

Saw Princes & Dreamwalker fights for the first time last night as off spec. Just need to remember that as ret I don't want to be top on omen on adds. prot yes, ret no.

Holy pallies definitely have an advantage on Dreamwalker, being able to put full throughput on her while still keeping heals on the raid. Unfortunately our only holy paladin is a ret offspec, and I just don't trust his healing skill compared to others. Nor do I desire to suggest we have him heal, the tree go bear, and me go fury (or the protadin go ret).

We bounced around some in Icecrown last night; took some stabs at Putricide, where we were doing decently though the green oozes were trouble (possibly due to having 3 melee), and also at Dreamwalker, where we're working up how to handle portals effectively. Also I think we need to adjust how we handle the dps split, probably keeping our ranged centered to help whichever side needs it more. We were able to get about halfway through the fight.

Also ran a VoA10 on my DK and 25 on my paladin, which ended up netting T9.245 ret pants. Not what I'd been aiming for, but I won't turn down an upgrade; pants are one of the T9 pieces I intended to retain anyway, and this will help with fixing up my expertise when I get a few more drops.

And capped the night off with a single random, which turned out to be UP, and as it was guild, we tried for both achievements I still needed. The Skadi one is basically autosucceed now, but the Svala one the tank wasn't too prepared for and the damn abom punted him and moved at the last second anyway.

I have a possible slot in a partial ICC for tonight, so I may be able to get my paladin his weekly done now rather than trudging through a 25 and explaining to the raid that as a 25 they're the first to be dropped when I need more non-raiding time, but could you please give my paladin some emblems?

So, the guild decided last night to not do Icecrown at all until next week. Which means not only did I miss out on the first 4 bosses + the quest, but I'm saved to that raid ID, so I can't even pug it.

I got mad and they told me to stop being so negative, personally I think I've got some right to be angry. We're supposed to be a progression guild, but we called off Icecrown for no reason. We had 10 core raiders on and everyone was like "Nah, let's just farm Loremaster!".

Much as I love achievements, I love watching bosses lose health much more.

Also: They nerfed the Shoot 'Em Up charm farming strategy, and just about every other strategy to farm them as well. Not that I didn't see it coming.

I got mad and they told me to stop being so negative, personally I think I've got some right to be angry. We're supposed to be a progression guild, but we called off Icecrown for no reason. We had 10 core raiders on and everyone was like "Nah, let's just farm Loremaster!".

Was it the right 10?

I've called off raids when we had enough people on because we didnt have the right people. I want to progress as much as anyone, but I'm not going to make everyone wipe on a boss all night because we dont have the right make-up.

Got Professor P down again last night. We hadnt tried him for a couple of weeks as we had been working on BQL. Tiny abomination dropped. I passed on it. I need a protector token more. missed the only one we've had drop in weeks by a couple of dkp. frickin vanquishers are going to people with 25 dkp. it takes 80 for prot. Stupid higher drop rates for vanq. :P

Been running randoms on my alts most days, so they are starting to gear up pretty well. I splurged and dropped 10k for saronites to make my dk the dps boots. A bit silly to spend that typed of gold on my 2nd alt, but, what else am I gona spend it on, a chopper, or mammoth? I dont really care about those.

Archived