World of Warcraft 3.3.3

Greywolf2375

My guild finally downed Sindragosa on 25 man this week, so we got a couple evenings in on LK. So far it seems like an interesting fight, but everything falls apart on the Valk phase. We just need some practice, practice, practice. Group 2 10 man also finally downed Sindy, even with my fail boomkin DPS.

I've been an app to my guild for about 5 or 6 weeks now, so they should be making a decision on full member soon. I can't wait to finally spend this DKP on some upgrades so I can eventually be competitive with the rest of the DPS. It sucks not being able to pick up good upgrades when you're rocking the bottom of the damage meters.

Also, my computer exploded last week. I missed out on a week of 10 and 25 man ICC because of it. It's repaired, but it still doesn't run very well. It's about 3 years old and I get major frame rate issues during raids, so it's time to upgrade to a new computer. Seven FPS on parts of the LK fight aren't cutting it. :thumbsdown: I'll probably bug you all for recommendations once I have everything settled and am ready to purchase a new computer. I'm computer stupid, so I need to buy a pre-built desktop instead of building my own.

Also, I'm moving out of my house in about a week. This means another couple of weeks with no WoW. I see my guild is advertising a moonkin slot since my extended afk announcement, so I hope I get back in time before they recruit another. I'm not trying to be a lootwhore or anything, but moonkin just don't stack very well with each other and there isn't much of a point in bringing along two. I've been in guilds with extra moonkin, and it's hard not to step on each other's toes.

Also, I'm moving out of my house in about a week. This means another couple of weeks with no WoW. I see my guild is advertising a moonkin slot since my extended afk announcement, so I hope I get back in time before they recruit another. I'm not trying to be a lootwhore or anything, but moonkin just don't stack very well with each other and there isn't much of a point in bringing along two. I've been in guilds with extra moonkin, and it's hard not to step on each other's toes.

I was going to say 6 weeks is a long time to be a recruit. I normally try and make up my mind after a couple of weeks. However if you have missed extended time, and are planning on missing more, its understandable.

We rocked 2 boomkin for awhile, til one stopped showing up. We would alternate them sometimes, but just as often we'd have both in. IMO a 25 man should have a boomkin in it. Moonkin aura, Earth and Moon, and Imp Faire Fire? Yes please. The fact that your attendce is spotty is probably why they are recruiting a boomkin.

No idea how well you are geared, but is it soley a gear gap as to why you are on the bottom of the meters? Are there any changes you can make to your rotation? Are you maximizing your eclipse procs?

I use rawr and sims to see what my dps could be, and compare my actual perfomance to that.

I was going to say 6 weeks is a long time to be a recruit. I normally try and make up my mind after a couple of weeks. However if you have missed extended time, and are planning on missing more, its understandable.

We rocked 2 boomkin for awhile, til one stopped showing up. We would alternate them sometimes, but just as often we'd have both in. IMO a 25 man should have a boomkin in it. Moonkin aura, Earth and Moon, and Imp Faire Fire? Yes please. The fact that your attendce is spotty is probably why they are recruiting a boomkin.

No idea how well you are geared, but is it soley a gear gap as to why you are on the bottom of the meters? Are there any changes you can make to your rotation? Are you maximizing your eclipse procs?

I use rawr and sims to see what my dps could be, and compare my actual perfomance to that.

Actually, 6 weeks is the standard recruitment period for this guild. Another guy who started raiding the same day as me is also still a recruit, so I'm not worried there.

My attendance also hasn't been *that* spotty. It was 100% up until the computer exploded. The moving issue was brought up in my recruitment post, and they said they had no problem with it. Once I'm moved in I don't foresee any other attendance problems. I really really want that frostwyrm mount, and I'm ready to put in the work for one.

I think a gear gap plays a large part of the DPS problem. If I remember correctly, all the casters have been full member for a while.The majority of the casters are wearing a good deal of 25 ICC loot, while I only have 2 pieces of 25 ICC stuff. The rest is 10 man ICC, badge stuff, and a few ToC pieces. I also came from a much less progressed guild (ie, no considerable progress in ToGC). I'm way behind in gear, but since I'm a recruit I can't pick anything up over a full member.

The other problem is moonkin mechanics. If eclipse keeps firing right before a movement phase, DPS suffers considerably. For fights like Lady D I actually place pretty well, but the rest are iffy because of fight gimmicks (F U Sindragosa!!!). Also, moonkin just don't scale as well as other casters and are falling behind. For instance, I've been well over the haste softcap since early on in ToC.

I'm sure I could be playing a bit better, but across various guilds I've gotten positive feedback on my performance so I know I'm not absolutely horrible. Oh, and I'm sure a new computer will help things as well. B)

Yeah, I've been trying to doge buying a new computer but I think it's time.

I average out at about 10 FPS, usually 3-4 during spell heavy boss fights. :-(

What class do you play Moose?

I couldnt imagine playing with <25fps if melee. Range can get away with slack reflexes though.

I usually have way less than 25 fps in big graphics heavy 25 man fights, and I play enhancement, with 10+ buttons to press. It helps that I have a ping of about 20 though. Kinda sucks actually... at home when I have my good PC and good FPS I have a worse ping, at university when I have my crappy laptop I get the good internet. Heh.

Wow. Just healed H HOR for the first time. On my Paladin.

That was tense but epicly fun.

Got a last minute save on Wall #4 with Lay on Hands. 100% health + mini-Shield Wall for the Tank is win.

Made my raid healing debut on an Onyxia pug with my paladin's holy set. A couple deaths, but I don't think any were my fault, including my own; I'm pretty pleased with my performance. Someone got knocked into the whelp pit in phase 1, but we all handled it well. I got gibbed by some whelps that the tanks didn't get to fast enough; druid brezzed me, which was great but then I had to scramble to get mana (Plea! Avenging Wrath to counter the healing penalty! Mana pot! Get Seal of Wisdom back up! Melee for mana! Now do all this while healing as much as possible!). We also lost a couple including the MT due to a sloppy transition to phase 3 where a shit ton of stuff was beating on him, but the OT picked it up and it was easy to keep him up. Lots of fears but I had arranged for the shaman to be in my group so it was no big deal. One-shotted her.

We rolled with three healers for some reason, which made my life simple -- a lot of times I'd start a heal casting, realize no one needed it, and cancel it. It also made it not such a big deal when I went down. Usually my overhealing is under control, but this time it was a ridiculous 57% -- and I was the lowest overhealing of the three of us. Popped a few neat tricks, including AM fire resist aura at key moments. Was fun, would like to do more raid healing.

Wow. Just healed H HOR for the first time. On my Paladin.

That was tense but epicly fun.

Got a last minute save on Wall #4 with Lay on Hands. 100% health + mini-Shield Wall for the Tank is win.

Healing H HoR is a crapshoot. With a good group it's exactly as you describe. With a bad group it is torture.

Don't worry too much about overhealing unless people are dying or you're running really low on mana.

My favorite recent healing meter is a Toravon 10 where I did 66% of the healing with 50% overheal; and the druid had almost as much overhealing as me.

Just blitzed two randoms and logged. I'm not really in the mood and I've still got to finish a character for the temporary D&D campaign we're running while one regular can't make it to the main campaign.

Pugs can be so ridicoulous that you cant do anything but laugh.

Pug stories from this week.

Got Nexus on my DK. I normally focus the tank so I can target off them. couldnt figure out who it was because I had the most health by over 6K in my dps gear. The Paladin had the shield icon so I asummed he needed to respec/ change gear, but nope, that was his tanking health 27k Several peices of blue crafted gear, a couple of +def greens and The Horn of Argent Fury. I whispered the healer afterwards giving him props for keeping that guy up.

Had another run on the DK where I did ~50% of the damage the bear tank did ~30% and the other 2 dps did about ~10% each

Had one on my shaman where I zone into Drak Tharon with only the last boss left, A warlock in the party, but no summon, so I had to run through the whole instance while they stood around waiting for me.

I will grant this about HoR you definately cant faceroll heal it like you can the 200 level heroics. I got stuck three with a group where the dps was all around 2k and man it took forever to kill shit. I'm having to constantly spam heals and cleanses, and its so easy to pull healing aggro. One bad fear or silence and someone dies. Whereas on something like CoS I ES the tank, drop healing stream, and afk.

27k is fine for Nexus. Granted I like the 40k tanks because I don't have to pay any attention, but that's not unreasonable for a new 80. Though that trinket makes me laugh.

I've had HoR where the tank couldn't survive, whether due to his own poor gear or due to the healer's poor gear/skill. I've had HoR where the tank was incapable of picking up all the mobs and the healer (typically) would get gibbed. I've had HoR where the dps was so bad that we couldn't kill a wave before the next spawned.

Last night's pug stories start with me complaining about being top damage tanking DTK, again. Then the DK starts pulling his weight... some of the time. He ended up 1k or more ahead of me on dps and barely ahead on damage because he kept not engaging. Pissed me off a lot. At the same time, my girlfriend started tanking another DTK. Trollgore reached 30 stacks of consume. I've never seen past maybe 12, but apparently the dps in her group made mine look good.

I will grant this about HoR you definately cant faceroll heal it like you can the 200 level heroics. I got stuck three with a group where the dps was all around 2k and man it took forever to kill shit. I'm having to constantly spam heals and cleanses, and its so easy to pull healing aggro. One bad fear or silence and someone dies. Whereas on something like CoS I ES the tank, drop healing stream, and afk.

Chain Heal Spam! ^_^

What class do you play Moose?

I couldnt imagine playing with <25fps if melee. Range can get away with slack reflexes though.

My main is a rogue, but I've actually never had an issue with that. If I die in fire it's usually a disconnect and I'm always top DPS for guild raids, a low refresh rate isn't really as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I started playing WoW on 05 on a Gateway overloaded with my moms random programs. It took 30 minutes to get from Razorhill to Orgrimmar and my toons legs did not move more then 5 times the whole way, it was like watching a still frame movie where the scenery moved too fast, anything better then that will always be adequate for me :-p.

I imagine my DPS and reaction time would be better with a higher refresh rate but its nothing I can't handle, rogues have enough "oh shit" buttons that the few times I catch myself in a bad situation I can save myself.

I hate healing HoR, as Poobah said it's all chain heal spam....I hate chain heal, it's the most boring spell in the book.

I've done all 3 roles in H-HoR.

Tanking is the worst. Healing is not bad, with bacon of lol. Tanking though, ugh.

I'm also glad they fix the walk behind bug. I found it more difficult to tank in that strat than walking in front like we're supposed to.

Yeah I hate tanking HoR. It's the closest 5-man in WotLK to Heroic Shattered Halls stress levels. Healing it really depends on the tank's quality and the trigger-happiness of the dps. DPSing it I don't mind much, so long as the tank can keep stuff off of me and the rest of the dps can keep up with the pulls.

Laggy as hell last night, and I think it wasn't just Blizz. Especially when hours later, my internet got so bad that a simple chat server was unusable. (And my phone, plugged in through the cable modem, stopped working.) All that lag resulted in wiping to trash in Old Kingdom. When the tank takes two shadow blasts faster than you can cast flash of light... yeah, nothing you're gonna do there.

I actually don't mind tanking HoR. Took a couple of tries to get the pull mechanics and how the mobs are running in, but once the tank knows mercs & priests take priority over footmen then it becomes much much easier. Course having the Holy Wrath reset button is a nice option too if things start getting a little hairy.

got UP as the daily on my DK. Tank starts out with "Here is the drill. you do not start til I stop. Try to keep up." pretty much went downhill from there. healer dropped after the 1st pull, tank after the 2nd. I know health isn't everything, but buffed he had less than mine does unbuffed. thankfully we got them replaced and ran through easily.

Haha. I love when Tanks think they are the Leetness, and aren't at all. I can never decide if these guys are alts or just idiots.

The other day I got my daily in ToC with my alt shaman, 4500 gearscore, a couple of iLvl 200's but a good healer nonetheless (I think it helps that my main toon is a priest so healing is in my blood). Anyway the 2nd event starts up, where Eadric the pure comes out with his minions. The Tankadin stands right at the center of the gate and picks up all 9 of the mooks, and we promptly wipe. When questioned by EVERYONE wtf he was doing, he replies "I thought you could heal me through it."

I mention that with mind controls and fears not to mention dots, its a pretty tough group to keep under control. One of the DPS chimes in with "Get your Health over 35k and we'll start trying to pull larger groups".

Tank mentions that "If you all have a problem with me then drop group. You can wait 20 minutes for a DPS spot to pop"

I can handle Idiocy, but smug douchebaggery is my domain, and no one deserves to step foot in it unless they can back it up. So I whispered the DPS and we all agreed we would boot him before the Black Knight event. I got my guild's Main Tank to come in with us to finish the instance and everyone was happy.

:smoking: Very good feeling there.

Archived