Soccer 18

Alcibiades

So much for Milan giving us a game today. 3 nil to Man U as I watch this, and I wouldn't be surprised if they got even more.

I don't get the channel with the Madrid game. so I guess it's time to find a crappy internet stream.

In other news: Donovan to Chelsea rumors! I'm not going to get my hopes up. But in the event that it happens, I will immediately go buy an overpriced Donovan jersey. I do worry that he'd rot on the bench though.

The Man U-Milan result was part astonishing, part totally predictable. Italian teams just cannot play against Manchester United. Their style of attacking is too direct for the Italian teams and they can't handle a high tempo game. That's the third Italian team in three years to get humped at Old Trafford.

Barca, Inter/Chelsea, Arsenal...

United were good enough, but really Milan were dire. Huntelaar was awful up front, Jankulovski and Ambrosini were terrible aswell.

Seedorf looked good again when he came on, but he had no one to pass to.

Fletcher, Ferdinand and Valencia were good alright.

But I don't think that necessarily makes them favourites. They may have beaten Milan, but performances have shown that if Rooney is missing, they find it very hard to score. When they come up against one of the really good sides, it will be a lot tougher.

One could see those Man U counter attacks coming a mile away. Milan was forced to push bodies forward to try to break the red devils down, thus leaving oceans of space behind them for a pacey counter attack. Milan had more possession, 59-41, but seldom seriously threatened with it.

Just on the previous theme of goals on youtube.

But 2 minutes later?

:worried:

Wow. Just wow.

I had to go back and doublecheck the game clock to convince myself they really happened so close together.

While we're on bloopers, the inestimable JayFC has put out another

of A-League fuck-ups, handbags and miscellaneous stupidity. Robbie Fowler features for the first time and you'll all be amazed to hear that Kevin Muscat is still a scumbag.
's was pretty awesome too.

Esh sucks to be that keeper, first one you can't really blame him for as he needed to make that clearence pronto, second one why the hell didn't he boot that to the stands or let the defend running with the attacker attempt to block

Real Madrid out before the quarterfinals for the sixth time in six years, that's pretty shocking, specially as I'm certain that one of their main goals this season was to win the CL on Santiago Bernabéu.

Who will replace Pellegrini? Maybe Rafa will make a return to La Liga.

Was great to see Becks wearing a G&G scarf on the way into the players tunnel, heard the iTV commentator saying he got a mixed reception.. what a load of bollocks.

Yes. I had to convince myself it wasn't an elaborate hoax also. :P

Everybody had a good laugh at the poor guy's expense last year. He was just one more Hertha player screwing up in unbelievable fashion, though. For a while I thought they might manage to break the more than 40 year old record for worst Bundesliga season ever, but they've recovered enough to avert that. They'll still get relegated though.

I have to say I liked Pjanic's goal better than the individual efforts by Robben and Nasri. Not only did it knock out Real, its buildup involved several Lyon players and some very nice passing.

So, whom will Madrid sign this summer, hm?

Archived