Soccer 18

Alcibiades

Watched the Kilmarnock-Celtic QF Cup game. We won it 3-nil, with Robbie Keane scoring a hat-trick. All goals came in the second half, after a dire first forty-five minutes. I was livid after 26 minutes when Clancy tried to 'do' Morten Rassmusen. It was a horror tackle that left the Dane howling. Blood quickly followed. Thankfully he wasn't injured, but it further raises doubts in the quality of officiating in Scottish football. There were two incidents before the end of the half, as well. Clancy again, cleaning Brown, and finally receiving a booking. Rasmussen must've been still angry after the aforementioned tackle and hit the Kilmarnock defender with a cheeky elbow to the side of the head, while he was turning into the penalty area. So there should have been two red cards in the game.

Watched the Kilmarnock-Celtic QF Cup game. We won it 3-nil, with Robbie Keane scoring a hat-trick.

Celtic are more of a one-man team than Manchester United. If Keane wasn't there they'd still be fighting to keep ahead of Hibernian and Dundee United for second place.

The mighty Raith Rovers knocked the hated Dundee out of the Scottish Cup this afternoon. I breathed a deep sigh of relief when that match ended. Now if Dundee United can fluke their way past Rangers (I'm nor holding my breath for that one) then they've got a genuine chance of winning the cup. Hibs were held to a draw at Easter Road by bloody Ross County (I'm sure you've all heard of them) and Celtic have a crap defence so you never know...

And as a PS, Nicklas Bendtner is a goal machine.

Man U trounced Milan in an impressive way. They emerge as favorites for the CL along with Barca and whoever wins Chelsea vs Inter ( presumably Chelsea).

Munich: Dutch guys save their hides. Liverpool continues to be astoundinly bad given the players that they have whereas an Arsenal that still faces injuries from critical players continues to do very well indeed. Maybe they should be considered as good candidates for the CL as well, but then again, they do tend to fade when push comes to shove.

Finally, Ronaldo. Can't help but laugh and that's not because of another idiotic hairstyle. He had to move to Madrid, that would be better for him. And it's gone just as predicted. Ah well, at least he's warm now, and that was what it was always about right?

We get smacked silly on Tues by Blunderland, Wigan beat Liverpool. Five days later we take them in a canter with Mr-No-Goals Elmander, "Barn door" Muamba and the recently crapulent Matty Taylor scoring.

Football, eh?

Also watching MOTD. It's really surreal entertainment if you're coming down with a cold and your hearing and vision are starting to skew. :ohwell: Wigan were amusingly crap, weren't they?

I'm looking forward to the Football League show later, though, for the (doubtless very brief) highlights of the game Burton Albion managed to lose despite being 5-3 up at one stage.

I quite liked Phil Browns reaction to the Sol Campbells tackle on Zayiti I think it was, despite Sol clearly taking the ball first and then momentum taking him into the Hull player, nope he should be off for a fair challenge.

He had a better arguement due to the penalty, but that was a silly challenge as the ball was actually behind the Hulls player head when that went in, ref had a perfect view to that, guessing why it was only a yellow.

Archived