Soccer 18

Alcibiades

It was self defence, anyway.

Edit: Why did Madrid let Sneijder go? Best player on the pitch by miles in Chelsea-Inter.

Two reasons:

Kaka

C Ronaldo

Also, Chelsea are out. I'm glad. I'd rather play Inter than Chelsea - we suit them better.

Great performance from Inter. Tactically brilliant and so superior in gamesmanship that you might even say ... fucking bunch of cheats. :P

The ref was useless as well. But Chelsea didn't deserve anything anyway.

Yeah I think Arsenal could do better against Inter too. They've got a bit of width to their play.

What was wrong with the officiating? About the same as usual, I figured. Drogba decision was deserved.

Inter Milan are a much improved side this season. Well beat Chelsea, who just didn't step it up.

Their defence is very solid, Samuel and Lucio are excellent as are Maicon and Zanetti. And they have the likes of Chivu, Santon and Cordoba aswell, though they might be injured.

And Eto'o, Milito, Pandev and Balotelli up front is dangerous too, while Sneijder is just class.

Great performance from Inter. Tactically brilliant and so superior in gamesmanship that you might even say ... fucking bunch of cheats. :P

The ref was useless as well. But Chelsea didn't deserve anything anyway.

Yeah I think Arsenal could do better against Inter too. They've got a bit of width to their play.

Pretty atrocious officiating. But probably a fair result on the whole.

This, pretty much. There was an impressive amount of diving by Inter, but they were the better side on the whole, so they deserved the win. Chelsea looked a bit lost, which is irritating; I guess we have to win the league now.

Also, did they have a better camera angle on the Drogba thing for any of the European telecasts? The one on ESPN didn't really show anything happening, and something must've for a straight red.

Also, did they have a better camera angle on the Drogba thing for any of the European telecasts? The one on ESPN didn't really show anything happening, and something must've for a straight red.

I didn't see the game live but I'm waiting for highlights on the news. I'll let you know.

But I'll still be laughing until then. Sorry.

Lucio tries to rugby tackle Drogba in the Inter box. Drogba responds by stamping on Lucio's ankle.

Edit: Motta, not Lucio. :dunce:

Lucio tries to rugby tackle Drogba in the Inter box. Drogba responds by stamping on Lucio's ankle.

Mmmppphhhfffgddgghh. Stupid thing to do. All I could see was the rugby tackle and then Motta sort of moves past him on momentum, and then goes down in a heap.

ETA: See above edit :P

It was self defence, anyway

:lol: No, it was definitely not. I wonder how many more deplorable incidents need to happen before he's banned. Oh well, he's playing shit anyway. Not like he'll hurt United's title credentials.

The problem with the officiating in the Chelsea-Inter match was the referee thought that they were playing rugby.

The replays of some of the rugby tackle defending in the first half make it very difficult for me to accept a description of it as "solid" despite how good they were in the rest of the game.

While Drogba's second yellow (it was a second yellow, and not a straight red, wasn't it?) was deserved for what he did in and of itself, but it should have been a penalty, and possibly a second yellow for Thiago Motta seconds before because of the "tackle" that incited that reaction.

I do agree that Inter were the better team on the night though. Chelsea were short of ideas and Sneijder was class. How cool was Eto'o's finish?

I guess we can now say that Drogba isn't one for the big occasion. Either he bottles it or finds some other way of letting his team down.

(No, not really: I'm just parodying the media's aptitude to leap to a conclusion headline while ignoring all the facts, like how pundits used to claim that C. Ronaldo couldn't do it on the big occasion based solely upon the fact that they didn't like him and he'd proved them wrong in every other area of criticism they layed against him).

While Drogba's second yellow (it was a second yellow, and not a straight red, wasn't it?) was deserved for what he did in and of itself, but it should have been a penalty, and possibly a second yellow for Thiago Motta seconds before because of the "tackle" that incited that reaction.

Straight red. And deserved. You're right that it should have been a penalty, too (I don't believe football has rugby's reversal of decisions rule for retaliation).

:lol: No, it was definitely not. I wonder how many more deplorable incidents need to happen before he's banned. Oh well, he's playing shit anyway. Not like he'll hurt United's title credentials.

You say that, but the history of this season shows that Liverpool are very good at raising their game when playing against the better teams.

It's something that I've noticed for a good while that many Liverpool fans seem to agree with now too.

Personally, I read it as a knock against Benitez (i.e. why aren't they playing like that most of the time).

Straight red. And deserved. You're right that it should have been a penalty, too (I don't believe football has rugby's reversal of decisions rule for retaliation).

Yeah, in that case, I think the correct decision was probably: a penalty to Chelsea, a second yellow (and thus sending off) for Motta AND a straight red for Drogba.

Dunno if that's ever happened in Soccer, but as I know the Laws of the Game, I think that's what should have happened.

Archived