Salma Hayek, hottest woman of the modern era?

Ser Scot A Ellison

Some great nominees here.

This is one of those debates that I treat like the "greatest NFL dynasty" debate. There are contenders. The debate will never be settled, so it's all about the candidates that earn their way "into the conversation" as the oft-used sport metaphor goes. So yeah, as far as I'm concerned, in the conversation:

Salma Hayek

Monica Bellucci

Jennifer Connelly

Angelina Jolie

And I think I'll add Padma Lakshmi to the list.

Sheep, I am with you on the loveliness of Sophia Bush's face. I find it hard to stop looking at her.

Guest Raidne

Jennifer Connelly? I call BS on her contender status.

This question in regard to men is a head-scratcher. I know Brad and George are the usual contenders, but they're just not doing it for me anymore. Also, George wasn't really at all attractive until he was old, which I feel should be held against him.

I will admit this much, since Angelina Jolie had her twins a couple years ago, she's lost too much weight and doesn't look as perfect as she once did. Supposedly she had some sort of health problems related to that pregnancy, and hasn't totally recovered from them. Not sure what it is, but stories are the weight loss was something medical. But look at her anytime before that: her body in Gia or the Tomb Raider movies, or Hackers, and you'll see how perfect it was then and I still find her to be insanely beautiful now.

Salma Hayek

Monica Bellucci

Jennifer Connelly

Angelina Jolie

I agree with this list and submit that Kate Beckinsale and Alesandra Ambrosio be added. All others are a standard deviation below.

ETA:

Am I missing something here? Who is this Salma Hayek and why is she considered so amazing? Quick google image search says she's averagely hot with big boobs.

Burn the heretic.

Hayek, Bellucci, Portman, Connelly, Angelina Jolie.

What's wrong with this list? Too many cold brunettes and not a single fiery redhead. Having said that, I take back my previous rather shallow nominations (I thought this thread was less serious then :) ) and nominate Gillian Anderson, in her younger Agent Dana Scully incarnation, with all of my heart. At her prime Gillian was the hottest woman of modern era, period. And don't see any actress as emerging yet to trump Gillian Anderson's monumental achievement.

Thor, I want to ask this in all seriousness:

Are you a gay man with horrible taste? Because...you seem to have almost no ability to judge a woman's hotness. Like you're an alien, and you're picking women not because of how great they look but because their fur goes better with your couch.

Thor, I want to ask this in all seriousness:

Are you a gay man with horrible taste? Because...you seem to have almost no ability to judge a woman's hotness. Like you're an alien, and you're picking women not because of how great they look but because their fur goes better with your couch.

You don't like redheads :shocked: ? Don't tell me that Gillian Anderson was not the hottest woman 15 years ago and call me gay.

Archived