Cast the movie(s)

Simas

With the old EzBoard Casting thread getting a little dated, I thought I might post a few ideas for roles.

Matthew Settle would probably make a good Benjen.

Julie Benz as Cersei

Jared Padalecki (previously cast as Robb by the voters on this board) is more like Loras as he gets older.

I have always seen Keith Carradine when reading Qhorin Halfhand.

I will post some more later - Jaime is the difficult one, finding a balanced between the "beautiful" elements and the necessary "hardness" to be a convincing knight.

I watched Dragonheart the other night and could easily see Dina Meyer as Ygritte.

She might make a good Catelyn and an even better Sansa, but that's not what I was thinking.

Also, Dennis Quaid (as Ritter Bowen) seems like he belongs in Westros too, but I haven't given it much more thought than that. :)

Dennis in The Alamo as Sam Houston . . . .I kept seeing Stannis.

I always loved Dina Meyer for Ygrette, too. But I like her too much as an actress to force her to continuously spit out the "You know nothing, Jon Snow" line. :)

• 1 month later...

(bump... I can't believe this thread hasn't been touched for over a month! you guys are slipping :P )

Alternate for The Rock in the role of Khal Drogo... Rickson Gracie, the legendary brazillian jiu-jitsu heavyweight. That pic is so good it should be used for reference if they do an animated version of the books. And check out the bio:

...Rickson is a 7th Degree Black Belt Open Class Champion of the Gracie Family, whose technique is considered to be the finest expression of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu in the world. His innate talent and early mastery of the sport have resulted in an impeccable undefeated record in more than 400 fights, including Jiu-Jitsu tournaments, free-style wrestling, Sambo, open weight free-style competitions, and no holds barred challenge matches. Rickson is a two time Brazilian Champion in free-style wrestling, a Gold Medal Winner of Sambo, and for almost two decades he has been the middle-heavyweight and no weight division World Jiu-Jitsu Champion. Most recently, he conquered Japan's elite fighting in a tournament, the Japan Open Vale Tudo, winning both in 1994 and 1995. At this time, Rickson was acknowledged by the Japanese for possessing the Samurai Spirit.

Hell, the guy is Khal Drogo.

another long shot casting candidate, this time for Cersei: Romola Garai, porcelain-skinned beauty from various Masterpiece Theatre style period costume dramas. Even her name is sexy. To me she looks like a gene-splicing of Cate Blanchette and Katie Sackhoff. Just ridiculously good looking, and (unusual for this thread) a little young for the part. The linked pic could be Cersei on her wedding night, pre "Lyanna" ;) Few more pics for your enjoyment:

Ah, research is such a trial :D

Heh, I was just having a discussion about this with some of my friends...

(Insert standard disclaimer about how you'd never be able to squeeze this many "names" onto one project, and it's enough of a stretch of belief that this project would ever come together anyway, and this is just for the purposes of our own amusement, etc)

Our consensus:

Clive Owen as Ned Stark

Diane Lane as Catelyn Stark

Connie Nielsen as Cersei Lannister

Geoffrey Rush as Tywin Lannister

Gary Oldman as Euron Greyjoy

Russell Crowe as Victarion Greyjoy

John Malkovitch as Balon Greyjoy

Edward Norton as Mance Rayder

Karl Urban (Eomer from LOTR) as Bronn

Aida Turturro (Tony's horribly annoying sister from the Sopranos) as Lysa Arryn

Brian Cox as Varys

Christopher Walken as Roose Bolton

We had some trouble casting the children, as it's difficult to find child actors who aren't annoying.

First off I am thinking Mostly brit cast would be kinda cool, and with that my first choices would be

Alan Rickman for Eddaed Stark (He has a world wearyness about him that works well)

Brian Blessed as King Robert (He's just one big lusty dude)

Jason Iaasacs as Littlefinger (He was great as Malfoy)

Julie Walters as Sansa (yeah another Potter crossover (she was Ginny) But I think it works)

Natalie Imbruglia (Cersei) Yeah she'd need a dye job, but she seems perfect.

Just a few ideas...

Some of these suggestions are great.

I saw Tricia Helfer mentioned for Cersei and I totally agree, anyone who has watched Battlestar Galactica knows her character on that show is basically Cersei lol (and she's very good at it). Physically she fits perfectly as well.

omg I never thought of Josh Holloway as Jaime but he's the one! That cocky arroagant smile..ugh he's perfect.

I don't know if it was mentioned but I thought of Jason Lewis as another possibility for Jaime. He's probably best known for his role as Jarrod Smith on Sex and the City.

Some of these suggestions are great.

I saw Tricia Helfer mentioned for Cersei and I totally agree, anyone who has watched Battlestar Galactica knows her character on that show is basically Cersei lol (and she's very good at it). Physically she fits perfectly as well.

Is she Starbuck or is she Baltar's Cylon bit of stuff??? I've only seen the two-part opening mini-series

First off I am thinking Mostly brit cast would be kinda cool, and with that my first choices would be

Brian Blessed as King Robert (He's just one big lusty dude)

He's already played a very similar part. He was Richard IV in The Black Adder back in 1983

Natalie Imbruglia (Cersei) Yeah she'd need a dye job, but she seems perfect.

Just a few ideas...

She's actually Australian (sorry to nitpick)

I see Kevin Spacey or Ed Norton as Littlefinger and Steve Buscemi as Roose Bolton or Reek/TBOB.

If we can't have Steve Buscemi as Littlefinger how about Christopher Walken as Roose Bolton and Buscemi as Ramsay Snow/Bolton?

I just want to add my voice to those suggesting Peter Dinklage for Tyrion. Great, great actor. Most recently he's taken up the role of Richard III on stage in NYC. Since Tyrion is Martin's answer to Richard's poor treatment by history, Dinklage moving on to play Tyiron would be very appropriate.

Archived