Why Tyrion?

Heal

The fact that Tyrion killed Tywin will also probobly get him into her good graces. Tywin must have been on Dany's (not so) short list of Lords to kill when she comes to Westeros.

I struggle to think she'll view it much differently than Ned viewed Jaime's Kingslaying. The kinslayer is cursed by gods and men alike.

I struggle to think she'll view it much differently than Ned viewed Jaime's Kingslaying. The kinslayer is cursed by gods and men alike.

I agree. Dany would probably just see Tyrion's killing of Tywin as more evidence that Lannisters can't be trusted. I think she will have a serious hard-on for the Lannisters when she returns to Westeros. Tywin took Kings Landing by pretending to still be loyal. Jaime killed her dad, whom he was sworn to protect. Oh, she is going to hate them. But she may give Tyrion a chance to explain himself. Not that she will truely trust him, Dany has learned not to trust too quickly. But if he has Ilyrio speaking to her first Tyrion may get an audience. But he better be pretty convincing. Killing your own father doesn't tend to engender trust for you.

I think Tyrion was an excellent hand! To be thrown in the deepend like that with people who have been playing the game for years and make it out alive was achievment enough! But he also managed to acomplish the things already mentioned. I really don't see how anyone could argue that he isn't intelligent, you need good insight to be as witty as he is. He always has his head in a book and manages to wheedle his way out of every life threatening situation he gets thrown into.

Then there is the fact that he managed to put aside his fear and take up a weapon and ride into battle(even though he was comletely untrained and unstuited to such tasks)! In my opinion that deserves some respect. I my self am only five foot tall and I have trouble enough I can't imagine how hard it must be to be a dwarf. The fact that he doesn't give up or listen to anyone who tells him he can't do something is more than admirable. He makes his own saddle so he can ride and he educates himself so that he is smart if not physically able ensuring that he has his uses. When he is in the right mood he even helps other people whether with advice, brutal honesty or saddle designs.

If you must hate him fine, but at least show the character some respect. Surely he (and GRRM's work) deserves some better criticism than "He's an ugly dwarf". There are plenty of other ugly characters and I don't hear you bemoaning about them! So if you're going to carry on lets have some decent points for your argument.

WRONG!!!!!

Why would Dany want an ugly little dwarf ride one of her majestic dragons???? It makes no sense realistically she should have his ugly little head chopped off for even attempting to speak to her.

This comment is so patently ridiculous I'm surprised people are making the effort to reply to it.

WRONG!!!!!

Why would Dany want an ugly little dwarf ride one of her majestic dragons???? It makes no sense realistically she should have his ugly little head chopped off for even attempting to speak to her.

Are you 11?

I think that there is a grain of a point in the original post that has not been teased out yet.

The two dragon riders Dany is looking for will also be her husbands.

Certainly Tyrion might be useful to Dany, and she is thoughtful enough to look past his appearance and make use of his skills, if the giant (sorry) hurdle of him being a treacherous Lannister and a kinslayer can be overcome. But Dany's sexual tastes have been well established and they do not extend to hideously mutilated dwarves. I really find it difficult to imagine her being willing to marry him. Which might create an interesting situation, because from all we know of Tyrion, he is very likely to fall in love with her.

I think that there is a grain of a point in the original post that has not been teased out yet.

The two dragon riders Dany is looking for will also be her husbands.

Certainly Tyrion might be useful to Dany, and she is thoughtful enough to look past his appearance and make use of his skills, if the giant (sorry) hurdle of him being a treacherous Lannister and a kinslayer can be overcome. But Dany's sexual tastes have been well established and they do not extend to hideously mutilated dwarves. I really find it difficult to imagine her being willing to marry him. Which might create an interesting situation, because from all we know of Tyrion, he is very likely to fall in love with her.

Thank you, this was the point I was trying to get across all along.

Thank you, this was the point I was trying to get across all along.

Well, that is a very different point that "Dany will have the ugly little stupid dwarf drawn and quartered after crucifixion for daring to offend her by opening his nasty dwarf mouth in front of her," which is pretty much what you said.

I agree that the likelihood of Dany wishing to marry Tyrion is pretty nil. I do not believe that she's in the habit of executing people for the crime of being ugly, or that Hodor is more cunning than Tyrion, or that she refuses to accept advice from people who are unattractive.

Again I ask Why Tyrion??

So many people on this board seem to be a fan of Tyrion, they also see him as intelligent.

I really don't get it,

1. He's not that smart he does a terrible job at Hand and gets outsmarted left and right, his PoV is disturbing how he thinks he knows what he's talking about the only person he ever outsmarts is Cersei and she's an idiot.

2. Him joining Dany makes no sense at all, I mean really think about it. Why would Dany this beautiful queen want this unintelligent dwarf around that couldn't manipulate his way around KL, her right hand man. Defiantly woulnd't trust hum with riding a dragon. It seriously makes no sense why would you trust this little ugly dwarf with a dragon let along to make him one of your 3 heads. If Tyrion ends up teaming up with Dany I may have to stop reading it's just to unrealistic. ITS NOT PLAUSABLE

Tyrion is an ugly little dwarf, that is honestly completly overrated on these boards, hes not as intelligent as everyone makes him out to be. Off the top of my head

Littlefinger, Varys, Euron, Stannis, Mel, Doran, Randyl Tarly, Tywin, Davos, Roose, and many more lesser bannerman I rather have at my side than Tyrion.

So please stop with the Tyrion love hes a complety overrated character with few interesting or good traits, he is defiantly the bad advisor type we all saw how much he failed serving as Hand. Dany would have a better chance with Barristan as her Hand and one of her dragon heads. I think Quentyn and Victorian should be her heads, Victorian will remind her of Khal Drogo which she will love and Quentyn has long ties with the Targs being a Martell.

Next time you go trolling, try to be a bit more subtle.

The chances of Dany marrying Tyrion are indeed slim, but if she did, would she not have a claim to all the wealth of House Lannister? If she were to have two husbands she might come to an agreement with Tyrion, telling him they are united for a specific purpose, and if he wants to run around naked at Chataya's he can go right ahead. Her other husband would be her actual lover. If Dany could manage to arrange such a situation, everyone involved might be kept happy. I have a feeling that she will regard Tyrion suspiciously until he has a chance to prove his worth and loyalty.

The chances of Dany marrying Tyrion are indeed slim, but if she did, would she not have a claim to all the wealth of House Lannister? If she were to have two husbands she might come to an agreement with Tyrion, telling him they are united for a specific purpose, and if he wants to run around naked at Chataya's he can go right ahead. Her other husband would be her actual lover. If Dany could manage to arrange such a situation, everyone involved might be kept happy. I have a feeling that she will regard Tyrion suspiciously until he has a chance to prove his worth and loyalty.

I don't know. Dany already did the marriage of convenience thing, with Drogo. She did learn to love him, but I don't know if she's willing to have a marriage of convenience with Tyrion just to get all the wealth and power of Casterly Rock. She may think that it's wrong to use him in that way, dishonest actually. I can see her actually becoming close to Tyrion, if they meet and can help eachother. But I don't think she'll marry him just for money or power, she just doesn't seem the type to me.

Why not just attaint the Lannisters and claim the wealth of Casterly Rock for the throne, or give it to some sycophant? I'm sure the Martells, her staunch allies, would appreciate it if Dany named Myrcella and Trystane to the lordship of the Rock.

She doesn't have to marry Tyrion for his money -- she will have plenty of her own, once the dragons start paying off and she gets control of her kingdom again. Besides, I don't think Tyrion is interested in having another chaste marriage after how his last one turned out.

I was thinking something similar.They could come to some agreement on the terms for a marriage. Danny is barren so lack of sex shouldn't really be a problem, and I'm sure she couls find some satisfaction elsewhere. After all Tyrion has knowledge of Dragons that she needs and that might be his most important life saving assest. So even if she doesn't decide to marry him (I'm guessing either Sansa would have to be killed or their marriage anulled first) for his money, wealth, knowledge, whatever, she may still choose to add him to the ranks of her advisors... Danny may not know that there are possibly books or other men (maybe maesters) with this knowledge; but I'm sure Tyrion will start spouting juicy tid bits as soon as he sees the dragons for himself and she won't fail to note that.

I also fail to see how A Wildling's comments were implied by the original post. That just seemed to be blind hatred for ugly dwarfs.

My 2 cents...

I think while Tyrion was a MUCH better hand than Ned was, there is room for improvement. Varys was the biggest threat in Kl and should have had his head on a spike within the week. Instead Tyrion trusts in Varys and his "little birds" despite the fact that he knows Varys can't be trusted.

He did handle Littlefinger, Pycelle and Cersei very well but again, perhaps he should have had LF's head for framing him. Tywin certainly would have done. Simplistic solution maybe, but it works

The big problem with killing Varys and LF is their networks. He made the major mistake of trusting Varys (as did Tywin for that matter) and even if he didn't, the fact remains that he needed Varys' network of little birds and his information. As for LF, he wanted to take him down but LF had far too much personal power to move against immediately. He thinks in ACOK that he's going to start getting his own men appointed to replace LF's to start reducing his power. But he couldn't afford to take them down at that particular moment, when Stannis and Renly were preparing to march on KL, he had no army, and no political allies in KL to help him keep control.

And of course, he simply underestimated the depth of the threat and betrayal both men represented.

Danny is barren so lack of sex shouldn't really be a problem, and I'm sure she couls find some satisfaction elsewhere.

Do you really think the Tyrion we've all grown to know and love with be satisfied with, or even accept, a sexless marriage with the most beautiful woman in the world? Especially given his taste for beautiful women, and how the last sexless marriage to a beautiful woman turned out (she framed him for murder to escape)?

I'm predicting disaster when Tyrion and Dany meet.

Archived