Five Photos within Five Miles

Whitestripe

5 mile radius? That's virtually my entire hometown plus some rural/forested areas on the fringes. There ought to be some nice photos to be made here.

8km radius (ok, from my work office, which is downtown, rather than work or school which are on either edge of town) comfortably gets me the entire city and plenty of countryside (in two different climate zones:P). I should think it would cover just about all but the largest tier of cities.

Work counts, so you could show a picture of the ship Starkess.

I'll do it, but like some others it won't be before the weekend.

Also it would be fun if we could setup a world map on which we would be able to pin our pictures to see what picture is from where. I remember seeing a map like that but I don't know how to do it.

Great idea.. just wish I didn't live nearly 10 miles from the closest town.. err.. so I guess I can take pictures of some cow fields, chicken houses, cotton fields..

Of course you can! The point is to find stuff that you look at every day but never really "see" and make it interesting. :)

Filipa: The deadline is NEXT Friday, April 16, so everyone has a week.

Remember, you don't have to take your entire allotment of miles/kilometers. You can take them all at work, or at home, or on your walk down the street to get lunch, or on the way to the mailbox, or..... the possibilities are endless. Or you couldl go for

a different angle and take them in as many places as possible.

It would be fun if Pebble joined in on this. Her "Pebble's eye view" pictures at the Con were a hoot! (pictures of people's feet...as if a small pebble had taken a picture).

I have just returened from my holidays and been checking my pic, for some strange reason I have a pic of some random Disney Que, all you can see is strangers feet. I don't remember taking that pic.

I'm in if its friday week and just for you Chats, I'll take 10 pics - a more normal pic of everyone and a Pebbled eyed one.

I'll give it a shot. I think work is about 5 miles from home, though that's just an estimate based on biking speed. Next week I'll bring the camera on my commute and see what I can come up with, either direction.

Archived