Eradicating "Nice Guy" from your life

lokisnow

It means being considerate, trustworthy, accommodating to the needs of others, while having a positive attitude. In short, caring that another is as comfortable as possible, with the sole reward being the sense of accomplishment at a job well done. And also being male.

I don't know who the hell would want that. I don't want a nice girl. I want an easy girl, who makes it clear that she really likes sex and wants to have it. Now. And who's hot and has, um, a good personality and whatever that other stuff is. I don't see why women should be forced to different standards.

People might suggest different strokes for different folks, but those people are probably all nice guys, which according to this board means they're assholes.

Thank you for explaining the whole Tiger Woods deal in one easy to understand post.

No one wants a pandering wimp of a dude. Even other males don't like dudes who are utterly subservient to other people's whims. Think of back in the day when natural selection was a major factor in human survival - who do you think mated the most? The badass who tore the sabertooth tiger's jaws in half with his bare hands, and then just shrugged it off like it was nothing, or the dude who too afraid and pissed himself?

Ah, Christ. We have this thread every 3 months. Frankly, I'm shocked that nobody has posted that XKCD (or whatever the fuck it is) comic strip about 'nice guys' as if it were the height of wisdom on the subject. Five bucks says someone reading this has thought about posting it. :P

I feel like when people talk about 'nice guys' in these conversations they really mean 'pussies'. And I use that word deliberately, because that is what women are thinking of when they are interviewed for this shit. "Oh ok, I'll answer all these questions while keeping in mind the biggest penis-having vagina I know." Because, really, I know a lot of guys who are very nice but are not 'pussies'. So the whole sum of the argument is that women don't want a man who is a total pushover? Shocker. I don't want a woman who is a total pushover either. You can be nice and easy-going and still retain the ability to stand your ground from time to time.

I feel like this whole 'nice guy' persona in pop-culture is just a bunch of bullshit at this point. There are some guys out there that fit parts of this mold, as its described (as a negative trait), but this mythical 'nice guy' that everyone despises is a myth created partly for when someone doesn't want to fuck a dude they aren't attracted to who would otherwise be acceptable. 'I'd fuck him, but he's too nice.' Uhh-huh... I'll bet 9/10 times you knew you weren't fucking him the minute you saw him, and whether he's nice or not has nothing to do with it. And the bitter reject runs with it.. 'but I'm so much niiiiicer'.

Additionally, I've seen a lot of women attatch a 'bad boy' label to a guy because he was hot and had a couple tattoo's, or was a dick to them at first (but also hot)... but that same guy would shit his pants the second he had to deal with anything of gravity. So, I reject the so called 'nice guy / bad boy' phenomena in its entirety. To be completely honest, if we're talking about picking up kinda deals, being nice isn't going to hurt you nearly as much as being attractive will help you.

People are people, you like them or you don't. Fact is, the bar ain't the best place for most people to find a mate, so for anyone who is scouring the bars and striking out repeatedly... don't hate the player, hate the game. It doesn't matter how much inner substance you have in a crowded, loud bar or club. Its all about the eye test, and whether or not you can hold four minutes of convo. If you want something more substantial than that, then don't even sweat that scene, just worry about having a good time.

No one wants a pandering wimp of a dude. Even other males don't like dudes who are utterly subservient to other people's whims. Think of back in the day when natural selection was a major factor in human survival - who do you think mated the most? The badass who tore the sabertooth tiger's jaws in half with his bare hands, and then just shrugged it off like it was nothing, or the dude who too afraid and pissed himself?

The smart guy who was keeping company to women while the badass was busy wrestling with sabertooth tigers. The same guy who was there to entertain the women who were pissed because the badass was so tired form his fun sabertooth tigers that he felt asleep after dinner.

The smart guy who was keeping company to women while the badass was busy wrestling with sabertooth tigers. The same guy who was there to entertain the women who were pissed because the badass was so tired form his fun sabertooth tigers that he felt asleep after dinner.

Ah but you forget, fitness doesn't imply stupidity. This warrior had studied the saber-tooth tiger's form for many years, practicing his technique.

Also, given the time period, he probably woke up the next day, and went around bride-kidnapping women from other clans. All the menfolk didn't dare oppose him as he took their women, seeing as how he'd just beat a sabertooth tiger with his bear(INTENTIONAL) hands.

I've come close to crying in a couple of movies, but I usually watch movies with my bro, so I'm able to suppress my tears for the greater good. Either my brother does the same, or he's a heartless bastard.

I don't know if you saw the movie, but...

"FREEDOOOOOOOOOM"!

Yeah, I was bawling.

South Park ruined Braveheart for me. I never cried watching Braveheart, but nor did I use to think about when they would get around to tweaking his nipples on the torture bench...

So...basically the generic goal is to act like an asshole to get people to be interested in you, and then actually be a fairly decent person afterwards.

NO WONDER the board produces such happy relationships.

:rofl:

As someone who'e with someone who comes across as an asshole 97% of the time, I'm here to tell you:

Objects on the computer screen are not nearly as assholish as they appear.

I'm shocked lev didn't end up with a boarder...oh wait, it's cuz he's really an asshole. (Love you, dick.) :P

The pulse is optional.

As are the tits, now that I think about it.

Just look vaguely like a girl.

So...uh...I guess Justin Bieber is fair game?

Let's be fair, mormont, I'm sure more people sobbed after Waterworld for that reason.

Waterworld was kinda fun when I saw it as a kid.

Not great, but not terrible or boring.

Okay. That's just how I understood the term "nice." *shrugs*

What do I know? I'm not a nice guy. I'm not even a dashingly douchey guy. I'm a meanie, straight out. I no longer cry at the end of Braveheart, and I eat horse meat while reading Black Beauty.

For bonus points, order venison after watching Bambi.

I feel like when people talk about 'nice guys' in these conversations they really mean 'pussies'. And I use that word deliberately, because that is what women are thinking of when they are interviewed for this shit. "Oh ok, I'll answer all these questions while keeping in mind the biggest penis-having vagina I know."

So in these 3 sentences you've managed to tell women the world over what they think about 'nice guys' and insult their personality traits AND genitalia with the lovely phrase "biggest penis-having vagina I know". I love (where love=hate with the firey passion of a thousand burning suns) how a vagina is less than a penis on some random scale of coolness.

N

Archived