Who Would You Stand With?

SingleMort

If I were a free agent (meaning not sworn to any house) I'd either sell myself to the highest bidder (money, title, land or in Cersei's case some "Lancel, Osney,..." treatment, if you know what I mean :leer: ) or join a person in his fight (like Bronn sided with Tyrion) and not the whole house.

In that case I would help Tyrion or Jaime (unless they fight each other. In that case let them sort it out for themselves or even better I'd try to persuade them to make peace). The three of us would conquer Westeros.

edit: Corrected spelling

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My values and attitude would certainly place me with House Stark for sure. If I could truly pick and if I had a mind for survival however, I would go with being in the employ of Petyr.

The only other big choice would be with Dany. Since she is the "rightful" ruler, but you would have to have a history with the Targs to be devoted to them, I certainly wouldn't just choose to side with them.

My values and attitude would certainly place me with House Stark for sure. If I could truly pick and if I had a mind for survival however, I would go with being in the employ of Petyr.

The only other big choice would be with Dany. Since she is the "rightful" ruler, but you would have to have a history with the Targs to be devoted to them, I certainly wouldn't just choose to side with them.

Survival?

Um, people loyal to Petyr die left and right. Dontos and Lysa he did for personally. When the minstrel had served his turn he went off the edge of the sky cell. The Kettleblacks are screwed. Now it looks as if he's ready to chuck Sweetrobin as well in Harry Hardying's favor.

Dany's followers are also being picked off at a rapid clip, though admittedly not by her. She does, however, send them on incredibly dangerous missions into enemy territory. Oh, and her father had a habit of killing or ruining his Hands. Nice family altogether.

Survival?

Um, people loyal to Petyr die left and right. Dontos and Lysa he did for personally. When the minstrel had served his turn he went off the edge of the sky cell. The Kettleblacks are screwed. Now it looks as if he's ready to chuck Sweetrobin as well in Harry Hardying's favor.

Dany's followers are also being picked off at a rapid clip, though admittedly not by her. She does, however, send them on incredibly dangerous missions into enemy territory. Oh, and her father had a habit of killing or ruining his Hands. Nice family altogether.

Forgive me, my like of Petyr makes me biased, BUT as long as you are useful to him I would think that yes, you have a great chance of survival.

A stark side with littlefinger in it! Whatever you may say but i'm sure Robb (very dissapointed he never got a POV) and Littlefinger together would never have lost the war.

Robb and Brynden Tully for the war and Littlefinger for the diplomacy (if Petyr had been loyal to Robb the Vale would have definitely joined the King in the North)

So yeah the Starks for what they stand for and their fearlessness and Littlefinger for his ability to survive without any "real" power whatsoever

Littlefinger in the abstract, maybe. Remember, he started the war between Stark and Lannister on purpose. This imaginary Littlefinger would probably have offered Robb to Margaery at about the same time Robb called his banners.

I'd throw in my lot with the Starks if I saw any point to it. They were doomed from the start and only survived as long as they did by luck and the mistakes of their enemies.

Littlefinger in the abstract, maybe. Remember, he started the war between Stark and Lannister on purpose. This imaginary Littlefinger would probably have offered Robb to Margaery at about the same time Robb called his banners.

I'd throw in my lot with the Starks if I saw any point to it. They were doomed from the start and only survived as long as they did by luck and the mistakes of their enemies.

What bout Robb's genius in battle? :thumbsup: if they didn't believe they'd take revenge on Sansa and Arya, i'm sure the kingslayer would have been killed. And if Edmure hadn't been such a tool, Tywin would have gone West instead of South and would have lost to Robb i'm sure. ;) And Tywin proved that he was deathly afraid of Robb on the battlefield by killing him at a wedding ! He might shit gold but he has shit for honour :D

Knowing what we know from reading the books I would almost certainly stand with the Targaryens.

If I was just some Lord living in Westeros I'd stand with whoever was the strongest.

I never think of Dany.. She hasn't really been immersed in the whole political scheming of Westeros yet

If I had to pick one it'd depend on who my character was. But overall, I'm a Dany man.

In the case of a hedge knight or villager:

I'd join Jon on the Wall, the Black Brothers are the only yet to join the war and are also the only ones (North of Highgarden) with food.

As a Knight or some Sea-Related Person:

I'd go to Dany or to Little Finger. Cersei is insane, the Tyrells seem to be after power, and the Ironmen are messing with the north.

-As a trained knight/sailor I may be of use to Littlefinger in his schemes, hopefully enough so that I live to/pass TWOW

-As a Knight or Sailor I would definitely be of use to Dany who is short on wine and knights. You need wine and knights to win a war.

As a Lord or Wealthy Person:

Well to Highgarden I go, they have a stable-ish city and food. Not to mention the power to defend themselves for an extended period of time.

If I wanted to die pointlessly:

Join the Freys/Lannisters.

With the coming Walder-Caust my death is assured! :wideeyed:

Archived