Who Would You Stand With?

SingleMort

If they didn't have that damn no wife or kids rule I'd roll with the nights watch, but seeing as they do I think I'll go with the Stark's by way of the Umbers. From the sounds of them it would be like going to war with a garrison of Mountains that Ride.

• 1 month later...

I would be a native of winterfell, quite the warrior obviously.. routed at duskendale, after the red wedding find my way across the sea to wherever dany's at, become one of her queensguard and cause I got some face-time with Ned one day I'd tell her all about how he's a supercool guy and she can stop calling him usurpers dog. That always bugs me.

I'm surprised so many people would declare for Stannis! I guess if you exclude the Targaryens he is the rightful heir but he's so unappealing. That's why, in my opinion, he'll never be king (or never hold the throne for long, anyway).

If I lived in Westeros and had the ability to do so I would flee across the Narrow Sea until the war is over rather than swearing my allegiance to a house. All hell has broken loose in the Seven Kingdoms and Braavos seems very safe in comparison. It's one of my favorite places in the books anyway.

Without a doubt, Stannis is the best person to serve. Here are some reasons why it's a good idea to serve him over anyone else in the series.

1)He is the rightful king. That way, you can be on the side of justice and the law.

2)Of the six claimants (the five kings and Dany) he is the only one to serve his people by defending them from the wildling horde. Even Dany, for all her claims to be the rightful queen, has never lifted a finger to serve the land she wishes to rule. Thus, you can claim the moral high ground by siding with Stannis.

3)He's a great military commander (as evidenced by his crushing of Victarion and the iron fleet), so you're probably going to stand a decent chance of winning and therefore surviving battles.

4) Anyone can rise high in his service, even a former smuggler of low birth. All they need do is demonstrate great honor, ability, and loyalty. That way, no matter who you are are how low you were born, you may rise high.

5) Most importantly, he is the only ruler to realize the threat the Others pose and actively prepare to fight them. If you would rather the seven kingdoms weren't completely obliterated by a horde of inhuman monsters, your best hope is Stannis.

Thus, if you are just, moral, self-serving, ambitious, or fond of not being a wight, Stannis is your man.

I majorly heart Stannis! If you leave out all the Melisandre-fire-god stuff that is. I can see why other people would stand with him. He has a grim, unshowy logic, and I always agreed with his idea of 'justice' and Davos' fingers. But then I love the Lightning Lord and his Brotherhood Without Banners as well, and they're pretty fired up for the Lord of Light, so maybe R'hllor is the way to go...

Knowing what I know after reading the books, I would probably go sign up with the Night's Watch. I would see defending the Wall as a priority over the politics and wars in the rest of the Seven Kingdoms, since if the Others come through it doesn't matter who sits the Iron Throne.

I would also feel very out of place in the hot, dry southern lands. Dorne, Braavos etc. just doesn't attract me.

I also agree with the Lord of Light "rubbing me the wrong way" as King_Baratheon put it. If I would declare for a religion, and that's a big if, it would probably be the Old Gods. It seems like a very humble and tranquil religion. The Lord of Light gives me a very medieval Catholicism feel, and that's not exactly a religion I want to touch.

So, the Night's Watch it is. Maybe at the Shadow Tower?

• 4 weeks later...

I would have fallen at the Trident with the best Prince Westeros has seen, perhaps even the best man to grace the 7 kingdoms in many ages; Rhaegar Targaryen. Had I failed to fall that day I would have lain in wait, my sword waiting for the Princess who was Promised. My lord's youngest sister.

If things in Westeros ended without Dany ever landing and taking the Iron Throne, I would support my Liege Lord's son and rightful heir Jon Targaryen-Stark.

Alexis

*smiles*

Brotherhood Without Banners, or Night's Watch.

The Lord of Light gives me a very medieval Catholicism feel, and that's not exactly a religion I want to touch.

Isn't that more the Faith of the Seven?

• 7-in-1, like 3-in-1
  • Father = Father, Smith = Son, Stranger = Holy Spirit, Maid + Mother = Mary
  • High Septon = Pope, Most Devout = cardinals, septons = priests, brothers = monks, sisters = nuns
  • Armed religious orders
  • Kings "blessed," thus deriving authority from Pope High Septon
  • Inquisition-type feel with these trials
  • Replaced paganism (Old Gods of trees)

The Red Priests aren't even monotheistic; it seems that way, but they're more akin to the dualism of Zoroastrianism. The apparent polytheism of the septons is actually monotheism, exactly like the concept of the Trinity.

I'd side with the Cthulhu-worshippers! :D

I've always kinda liked Vikings/raiders...so, Greyjoy caught my attention immediately. (tho' I started out liking the Starks first, but that quickly passed after the first book :P )

Asha for queen of Westeros! :laugh:

(Aeron Damphair as royal drowned person resuscitator)

Archived