Who Would You Stand With?

SingleMort

Saying the 7 are actually one is about the same as saying all the Hindu gods are actually manifestations of one god. Which would make those two religions more similar than one would think.

That is true. However, the presentation of the Seven is most similar to the presentation of the Trinity.

The Martells seem to have it pretty together, even if (or because?) they haven't gotten directly involved in the wars yet.

Well they did make some soldiers walk to the mountains and back, though Dorne is really hot so taking siestas into account that must be a full campaign by their standards

I'd serve on Asha's crew.

Seconded! I'd happily be her sworn bed warmer... :drool:

More seriously, I love the Iron Islands' culture & would covet a place in House Harlaw. Their lord, sigil & castle are just so badass. And, as stated above, I would be firmly behind Asha & her thrust for the Seastone Chair.

Seconded! I'd happily be her sworn bed warmer... :drool:

More seriously, I love the Iron Islands' culture & would covet a place in House Harlaw. Their lord, sigil & castle are just so badass. And, as stated above, I would be firmly behind Asha & her thrust for the Seastone Chair.

Greyjoy for me as well. Who couldn't love the reaving?

Jon Snow aka the Starks will prevail and side with Danerys in the end me thinks.

I am with Jon all the way though I am probably a head of myself.

I wanted to amend this theory by stating I have read the books (as most of us have) since the beginning of the series in the nineties and have always had a certain feeling about the series.

For me it all will come down to "Fire and Ice"

"Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those who favor fire.

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice."

Robert Frost

As it will end, it can also begin again and will do so.

Id be study to be a maester. Then Id take the black. Don't care much for politics. And if I could help save the realm that everyones squabbling over to "claim" that would be pretty cool too.

I do have a certain respect for Stannis though, and I'd be cool with the whole Lord of Light thing if they didn't go around burning all the septs and godswoods and such. Why can't the gods just get along man.

I do have a certain respect for Stannis though, and I'd be cool with the whole Lord of Light thing if they didn't go around burning all the septs and godswoods and such. Why can't the gods just get along man.

I agree, I would consider going with Stannis, especially if a red priest like Thoros of Myr was guiding him rather than Melisandre. Stannis is the rightful king and would be a just, if not particularly merciful, ruler. I imagine he'd be rather good at keeping law and order and with some good counsel from Davos, he might keep some of those scheming councilors and nobles at bay. And Thoros' getting conversions to the Lord of Light through the BwB the right way, through helping others, teaching his faith and not burning anyone else's choice of gods. I wonder what other red priests are like and if the majority are like Mel or if the majority are like Thoros...

I'm for King Tommen and his kittens! Just ditch his mom and insert basically anyone short of the bloody mummers in her place.

Personally I think Stannis would be a terrible king. He's not wantonly cruel, but he does not understand that sometime discretion is the better part of valor and he'll just diplomatically crumble since everyone finds him so unpleasant.

If I'm declaring for someone, I want

1. A strong, effective leader

2. Someone who is unlikely to wind up on the losing side of a conflict

3. Reward and regard for loyalty

With that in mind, Tywin is my man. If he wasn't such a royal prick in his personal life, he'd probably have been the most effective leader in the entire series.

Archived