The Police Are Your Enemy

Stego

Texans have an inherant ability to dodge said shoe, so I suggest finding something else.

I tried to find a decent version.

Here's some

against a weapon. But you have to practice them like crazy. I can't say I'd go for it but who knows what I'd do in such a situation.

I'm all for self defense, but it's only one tool. When it comes to 'fight or flight,' many highly trained people don't act on their training anyway. I used to bounce. I've been in all out melees where highly trained martial artists stood there :o looking like that...

I've seen people with YEARS of first aid training freeze up and panic when their girlfriend accidentally ends up with a jagged shard of glass in her forearm.

I've never been in combat, but people that have tell me that there's no telling how someone will react under stress.

So it's all well and good (and fun) to say 'I'd rather face X than X in a fight...' But really, unless you've had it happen in real life, you don't really know what you'd rather do.

I'm all for self defense, but it's only one tool. When it comes to 'fight or flight,' many highly trained people don't act on their training anyway. I used to bounce. I've been in all out melees where highly trained martial artists stood there :o looking like that...

As a martial artist, I too would be very hesitant to jump into any type of melee or fray - especially at a bar. We have to be careful because we quickly become guilty of excessive force. It would really depend on the situation and a bar fight would be something I would stay out of unless someone was getting seriously injured and/needed assistance.

I've never been in combat, but people that have tell me that there's no telling how someone will react under stress.

I think I've said the same several times in this thread. It's really instinct. The training improves your reaction time and technique should you choose reacting as the best course of action.

So it's all well and good (and fun) to say 'I'd rather face X than X in a fight...' But really, unless you've had it happen in real life, you don't really know what you'd rather do.

I hope you aren't trying to paint me as an Internet Tough Guy. No, it's not fun to imagine being in these scenarios. But but playing out various realistic scenarios in one's head, time and again, it does prepare you for something that one hopes would never happen.

Yeah, girls, just lay there and let the man take exactly what he wants. And then be made to feel like a dirty whore for it, afterward, by the investigators when they ask why you didn't even scratch him in defense - could you maybe have secretly liked it?

*sighs* That's the defence lawyers job actually.

Archived