Aussie XLIX

Warg Arry

Last I heard it was a 2 or 3 seat lead to labour with 5 seats still undecided. Q&A is interesting tonight. worth catching on the net if you missed it.

Hasluck, Boothby, Dunkley and Brisbane are all Lab-Lib contests but only the former looks like being really close. Labor is in a nailbiter with Andrew Wilkie for Denison and that's getting close to legal challenge territory.

The best case for Labor looks like scraping past in Hasluck and Denison, giving them 74+Bandt - game over for the Coalition. If they all go against Labor 72-73 gives the Coalition an advantage but one where the Three will still be decisive.

My gut says that Wyatt will get over the line in Hasluck. TBH I'm a bit surprised that he's been pushed this close - Jackson ran a pretty good campaign (she certainly convinced me over the hospital privatisation issue), but I never really expected that to trump the fairly palpable WA backlash against federal Labor.

ETA: Brades, I was pretty impressed by him as well on the 7:30 Report last night (despite knowing nothing about him whatsoever)...but then it's arguable that many politicians would appear impressive when being interviewed alongside Windsor and Katter ;).

What do we think of Wyatt Roy? Is anyone here in his electorate?

He looked polished during his interviews, but my 13 year old nephew looks more mature.

Is he the first Gen Y to make it to Federal Parliament?

Latest Update from the Virtual Tally Room: Labor 71, Coalition 71 + 1 (WA Nationals), Independents 4, Greens 1, Doubtful 2.

Brisbane and Corangamite being the doubtfuls. Liberals are leading in Brisbane, Labor in Corangamite. If Messrs Wilkie and Bandt support Labor that looks like a Gillard would have 73 so far.

But the ALP is ahead in the 2 Party Preferred

Labor do seem to be closing the gap in Brisbane, its down to under 400 votes difference. I might be getting it confused with another seat but I think the gap was a fair bit wider yesterday.

Just to go way off our country and her politics. Then to rant abo9ut my own existence:

I just worked a 20 hour shift. Plus I have been working 14 hour and 12 hour shifts for the past few weeks. Not to mention the Midnight to midday shift I did last Saturday. I am very tired and apologize for earning money instead of coming here to converse.

At least a good time will be had by all in Melbourne for those who are attending.

Just to go way off our country and her politics. Then to rant abo9ut my own existence:

I just worked a 20 hour shift. Plus I have been working 14 hour and 12 hour shifts for the past few weeks. Not to mention the Midnight to midday shift I did last Saturday. I am very tired and apologize for earning money instead of coming here to converse.

What are you doing here at all? For gods sakes go to bed before you drop dead and can't spend any of that money you're making!

At least a good time will be had by all in Melbourne for those who are attending.

I'm still jealous, hope you all have a great time though

I was wanting to try and get to Aussie Con... Man it would be cool.

But it looks like it's a no go. :crying: I too hope you all have a great time..A blast even.

I'll be thinking of you and stewing in my jealousy. ;)

I was wanting to try and get to Aussie Con... Man it would be cool.

But it looks like it's a no go. :crying: I too hope you all have a great time..A blast even.

I'll be thinking of you and stewing in my jealousy. ;)

I know how you feel. I had everything planned about 9 months ago. The money, travel, accommodation etc. But, then university timetable came and fucked it all up, and since this is my final semester, I pretty much have to give it priority.... :crying:

I hope you guys have lots of fun! And I expect a flood of awesome (read:off-the-face-drunk) pictures :cheers:

We will do our best to keep everyone updated, including pics of drunken shenanigans

Ladies man Ski?

not sure about that

but Bana and I are old freinds

I am still working out whats happening with the car I am buying so may be a day late but hopefully not.

What the hell do you do for a crust?

ok folks will be arriving Friday sorry but have so much stuff to do this holiday is looking like worse than work.

Even so am really looking forward to seeing everyone :)

I've got the red-eye flight tonight at 1:00 am. See you in Melbourne on Friday GS :cheers:.

Archived