Aussie XLIX

Warg Arry

Damn. Dockers 5 goals down already. Looks like the Number 1 spot will be out of our reach for a while yet...

There goes my tipping.

Your lot owe me, Pax.

Finally Jb Hifi stocks up on the Star Wars! Watched 'A New Hope' & 'Empire Strikes Back' already, I reckon I can fit in 'Return of the Jedi' before I go to bed.

Brook, if you read this. How did the Tigers go this weekend? I missed it.

We beat the bye and managed to lose Keith Galloway for a month or so. Not what we needed.

Sorry for being MIA a bit, got a few things going on at home which means I haven't been keeping up with stuff and has a bit of computer trouble as well.

Mothers day was nice, I got a new laptop (solving my computer trouble) along with odds and ends the boys made me and bought from the mothers day stall at school.

We've been having a bit of trouble with the oldest boy, he started school this year and he's not coping at all. He can do the work with no problems but socially he's just not managing (he has pretty severe speech problems) and his behaviour is getting steadily worse we think because he's trying to impress the other kids and make friends. I'm really not sure what to do next, his teacher is now applying to get him extra help based on his disability and maybe have someone in to work one-on-one with him but I'm worried thats only going to isolate him further.

We beat the bye and managed to lose Keith Galloway for a month or so. Not what we needed.

Sorry for being MIA a bit, got a few things going on at home which means I haven't been keeping up with stuff and has a bit of computer trouble as well.

Mothers day was nice, I got a new laptop (solving my computer trouble) along with odds and ends the boys made me and bought from the mothers day stall at school.

We've been having a bit of trouble with the oldest boy, he started school this year and he's not coping at all. He can do the work with no problems but socially he's just not managing (he has pretty severe speech problems) and his behaviour is getting steadily worse we think because he's trying to impress the other kids and make friends. I'm really not sure what to do next, his teacher is now applying to get him extra help based on his disability and maybe have someone in to work one-on-one with him but I'm worried thats only going to isolate him further.

What sort of speech problems Brook?

sorry but am hoping it is something easy to fix is all. Have some friends whose eldest son has a similar problem and he managed to win a place in school society through sports, if you stop and listen to what he says it is easy enough to understand him. Just most people are lazy and don't want to listen.

Kids are very cruel though and love to find an easy target, it means they are not the target.

He has Verbal Dyspraxia. We are now suspecting some degree of Motor Dyspraxia as well (although if thats the case it is only very slight, he's never going to win people over through sporting ability but he can do most everything a 'normal' child can).

Its not an easy fix unfortunantlty, its a condition he'll have his whole life although it can be managed through speech therapy and he has improved out of site since we started with that. He started in therapy at 2 1/2 and he was almost completely non-verbal, he had about 20 words and most of them were only able to be understood by people who knew him really well. Now we're at the point where his vocab is actually above average for his age and I can understand probably 90% of what he says. Other people understand less depending on how well they know him, and how good they are at listening to him.

He has Verbal Dyspraxia. We are now suspecting some degree of Motor Dyspraxia as well (although if thats the case it is only very slight, he's never going to win people over through sporting ability but he can do most everything a 'normal' child can).

Its not an easy fix unfortunantlty, its a condition he'll have his whole life although it can be managed through speech therapy and he has improved out of site since we started with that. He started in therapy at 2 1/2 and he was almost completely non-verbal, he had about 20 words and most of them were only able to be understood by people who knew him really well. Now we're at the point where his vocab is actually above average for his age and I can understand probably 90% of what he says. Other people understand less depending on how well they know him, and how good they are at listening to him.

Mate I feel for you, you end up with a chioce between what is best for him in different ways with different solutions.

All I can really say is that I will pray for you and him, that is if you don't mind the prayers of an old heathen such as myself.

(Stubs here - in WC roleplay mode) I hope you guys manage to work thorugh it all, Brook. Will he need speech therapy for a long time as well? Also, how has he gone with Auskick? My nephew's team still has a kid playing with what sounds like a similar problem and when I've seen them play I've your little bloke.

We ended up getting him a spot in another league team. They are a smaller club and more kid-focused and so far he's loving it. He really did want to play league so this seemed like the best option. He's playing at parra stadium next week which will be a massive thrill for him :)

Its hard to know exactly how long he'll be in therapy but it will probably be years still. His improvement has been huge but we've still got a long way to go and sometimes it seems like we're going backwards because as he starts to get more confident he starts trying to use more words and actually becomes less understandble.

He will get there, any skill has to be learned and while speech comes easy to most for some it is a real difficulty.

So while it may take longer it is not beyond him. I love the fact that he is trying new words as his confidence grows :)

I think he is a lucky kid though since he has such a caring mother.

Too bad the swans had to lose to the bloody bulldogs and I say that because barry hall is continuing his boxing career with them.

That scumbag should have been charged many times over the years, so much so that any boxing he would get to do would be from Gaol.

heck they charged Mathews didn't they?

and he was not a trained boxer let alone rated as good enough for the aussie title.

Instead the gutless scumbag prefers to hit untrained people while they are trying to play sport!

For the life of me I don't understand why I bother replying to the hate the cops thread. Always reminds me how the Americans will ultimately end the argument with saying they will stand on their porch with their AR-15 and stop any bad thing from happening to themselves or their family. But your kids could get molested. I'll teach them karate! Always amuses me.

Go Geelong.

Fremantle Football Club has been rocked by a drug scandal.

After investigations by the AFL revealed that a Fremantle player was involved in the use of illegal drugs, the AFL have taken a hardnosed approach to the problem and stripped the Fremantle Football Club of ALL awards won over the past 15 years.

An AFL Commissioner was seen leaving Fremantle Oval this morning with

· 15 participation certificates.

· 3 junior whopper with cheese value meals.

· 7 chocolate frogs.

Insiders close to the club, state that the club is devastated.

:P

Don't mind Stubby, he's just bitter about Round 7 :P

1 Collingwood 8 7 28

2 Geelong 8 6 24

3 Fremantle 8 6 24

4 Bulldogs 8 5 20

5 Carlton 8 5 20

6 Sydney 8 5 0 20

7 St Kilda 8 5 20

8 Port Adelaide 8 5 20

9 Brisbane 8 4 16

For the life of me I don't understand why I bother replying to the hate the cops thread. Always reminds me how the Americans will ultimately end the argument with saying they will stand on their porch with their AR-15 and stop any bad thing from happening to themselves or their family. But your kids could get molested. I'll teach them karate! Always amuses me.

Go Geelong.

Maybe that is why the police over there appear to commit an assault everytime they make an arrest.

But yes it is pretty much a case of a thread like that starts you could make that claim at the start and say " ok now that the US participation has been covered is there anything else to say?"

Maybe that is why the police over there appear to commit an assault everytime they make an arrest.

But yes it is pretty much a case of a thread like that starts you could make that claim at the start and say " ok now that the US participation has been covered is there anything else to say?"

No no no. Whatever happens in the states is automatically applied to every other western nation.

No no no. Whatever happens in the states is automatically applied to every other western nation.

Yeah they do think that don't they?

Also they have a real problem with other English speaking countries having different laws.

Just another reason why the US as a whole is regarded with a large degree of either contempt or amusement.

Archived