Football XX

Black Wizard

So, UEFA Cup final tonight. Fulham vs. Atletico Madrid

FA Cup and Scottish Cup finals on Saturday. Chelsea vs. Portsmouth & Dundee United vs. Ross County.

I believe that the Italian and Spanish leagues are decided at the weekend.

:)

Nope, he understands that Chelsea already won the league. I've explained the league structure. But he cannot believe that a relegated club can be in a Final.

The beauty of football. I know of no other popular team sport where the "weaker" team has such a high chance of winning.

ETA: And btw, the German Cup final is on saturday as well. Bayern-Werder, should be good. Oh and tomorrow there's Germany-Malta which almost certainly won't be...

I'm hoping Fulham win tonight. Any decent team should be able to expose the Spaniards weak defence, surely? I'm not terribly bothered about which way it goes, so if Atletico put on an attacking display, I'll be pleased. They're going to need to match Fulham for tempo and work ethic.

Ugh, shame Fulham didn't have enough to win tonight. I thought the game was going to penalties. They should've made more of their second half play, but oh well. Gut-wrenching goal to concede. A night filled with 'if only...', I'm afraid. :(

Archived