True Blood Season 3 starting June 13.

Andhaira

I saw Ran/Linda sending this message out earlier on Twitter:

#GOT = #GameOfThrones? Hrm... RT @HBO: Tuning in to #TrueBlood? Tune in at 8:45 for a special pre-show no HBO fan will want to miss. #GOT

So... those of you catching the S3 start tonight, will you tune in 15 minutes early? And please take notes if it turns out to be something about Game of Thrones? :D

According to previous promos, the pre-show will feature a promo reel for other HBO shows that are upcoming (Bored to Death and Boardwalk Empire are the two I saw). So ... not impossible they may slip something in.

Not sure what else #GOT can mean in this context, but it's all moot to me, not being in the U.S.

Its confirmed. It will be a clip of AGOT!! :D

I wonder what they will show, possibly CGI shots of Winterfell, direwolf pups, the kids, the beheading, the possibilities are endless.

Just saw it. Was very short, and things flashed by so quickly that I'm not even sure what I saw, aside from some trees and the words Winter is Coming. But regardless, I'm still ridiculously excited. Awesome.

It was a good first episode, but nothing from the end of season 2 was really resolved other than we learned -

that it was not Eric who kidnapped Bill, although he had planned to do it

Guest Raidne

Question, before I say anything, is there a reason we're using spoiler text for things that aired last night?

And, even thought the GoT clip was really brief, I still about jumped off the couch, as I didn't hear anything about it in advance and had no expectations. Sweet. Winter is Coming. Sometimes I forget what a crazy fangirl I am.

Good point. I got into the habit of doing so based on the book-versus-TV discussion, and kind of forgot that that didn't apply this time. :lol:

ETA: I'm also thinking in the non-US scheme of things, where S3 probably won't play until next January or so. Not that that means we needs spoilers in here until the DVDs are out, or anything, but just that I'm still thinking "I haven't seen it yet, anything I know is purely book-based, books = spoilers".

Guest Raidne

Ah, okay. It's confusing for me, because I really would like to avoid all possible book spoilers, so it would suck to click on what I thought was an episode "spoiler" (non-spoiler?) and have it be a spoiler from the book.

Now what I'm getting from your "spoiler" is that there is an answer for who kidnapped Bill that is revealed in the book, and so to you it's interesting that they didn't reveal it yet. That would not need to be spoilered for me, but if you had put who it is in the books under that spoiler tag, I would have accidentally read it, thinking you were responding to the comment about it apparently not being Eric (although, btw, it sounded like Eric was apparently planning to kidnap him also).

This is confusing! :)

Anyway, overall, I thought the episode was okay, but I did want more to happen. I thought the advice on PTSD that Terry gave to Andy was interesting also, and clearly Jason could stand to hear it. Also, I like the idea of evil Tara, so I'm glad to see it going in that direction.

I didn't get involved in the wole book vs TV discussion, so not up to speed on what we were marking as spoilers there.

There are bound to be some people who did not see last night's show when it first aired, and I didn't want to spoil anything that was revealed in the ep. That's why I marked info as a spoiler.

Ah, okay. It's confusing for me, because I really would like to avoid all possible book spoilers, so it would suck to click on what I thought was an episode "spoiler" (non-spoiler?) and have it be a spoiler from the book.

Now what I'm getting from your "spoiler" is that there is an answer for who kidnapped Bill that is revealed in the book, and so to you it's interesting that they didn't reveal it yet. That would not need to be spoilered for me, but if you had put who it is in the books under that spoiler tag, I would have accidentally read it, thinking you were responding to the comment about it apparently not being Eric (although, btw, it sounded like Eric was apparently planning to kidnap him also).

This is confusing! :)

Anyway, overall, I thought the episode was okay, but I did want more to happen. I thought the advice on PTSD that Terry gave to Andy was interesting also, and clearly Jason could stand to hear it. Also, I like the idea of evil Tara, so I'm glad to see it going in that direction.

Yeah, from now I will do better at not marking as spoilers the TV discussion and specifying which book(s) any actual spoilers come from, as different people will have read different "lengths" through the series.

Sounds like an interesting start, though maybe not the fastest. I hope it means they're building up more conflict in the next few episodes, especially since they are moving farther away from the book/series structure. (Good thing, too, IMO.)

Okay, now you guys have confused me. :P

I was pretty sure that they did (at least part way) reveal who kidnapped Bill last night. Not who ordered it, but who did the actual kidnapping.

I thought it was werewolves. Or am I jumping to conclusions with that?

Also, regarding spoilers....I put the above point in spoiler text to be safe. But the rule in every other TV thread has always been that we can openly talk about the show once it has aired, so I'm guessing it should be the same here.

Guest Raidne

Is that what we were supposed to gather? For me, they just kind of popped up out of nowhere, but I think I drifted off for about 5 minutes in the middle there. Makes sense from the POV of setting up the season.

Guest Raidne

Hmmm..must've missed that. Seeing as it aired, would anyone object to just sharing with us what the symbol was?

Archived