Israeli Forces attack Aid Flotilla to Gaza

Shryke

Yeah nations do sieze and board in international waters. Nato and the US do so to suspected pirates and the US does it to N.K. ships. When I was in the Navy I had a trainer that used to board N.K. ships in international waters.

But even you can't believe that story, can you. (I'm assuming they did send special forces in and not some green draftees)

Given that they were outnumbered and probably instructed to be as non-violent as possible , yes, it's possible.

This is disgusting. I really can't understandt how anyone can defend Israel in this situation. They attacked an aid fleet on onternational waters killing several people, and they believe they can justify themselves with shit such as "there might be terrorists on board", or "they attacked us first".

It seems to me that some time ago at least they would have the decency to deny the incident, claim that they were in Israeli waters, or say it was a mistake. I supposoe they have been doing what they want for so long that they just don't care know about international laws anymore.

I am assuming that you, Shryke, as well as the rest of the world, did not have any problem with our Troops engaging in military action against ships carrying munitions for our enemies all over the world.

Bad assumption. What specific cases are we talking about?

Now, suddenly, just because these ships have no munitions on them it's a whole different ballgame?

Um ... yeah actually. Strangely, aid supplies are different then weapons. Crazy I know.

They were trying to run a blockade. If we let them get away with it, they would start running the blockade every time, and the next ships, I assure you, will be carrying munition. BTW, the Israeli government promised to deliver everything these boats wanted to transport (after due inspection) to the people of Gaza. The organizers said "no". This was not about the actual aid. This was to create a provocation and see if we had the nerve to keep up the blockade.

Except they were apparently still in international waters. Which means all of this is bullshit on your part. I mean, I'm not an expert on international maritime law or anything, but as I remember you aren't allowed to just board another countries ship if it's not in your territorial waters.

And they already did this 8 other times. Is it the 10th time when the weapons show up? The 42nd? What's the rule on this again?

Depends. If he's a police officer with a warrant for my arrest and inspection of my home I think not. If he's a crazy axe gun mass murderer I think yes. If he's a member of the Texas Rangers force here to stop me for my crimes... I dunno. :rolleyes:

And if it's a cop without a warrant, it is.

That's why there's these things called "warrants". They are permits a cop must get in order to enter your home without your permission.

Yeah nations do sieze and board in international waters. Nato and the US do so to suspected pirates and the US does it to N.K. ships. When I was in the Navy I had a trainer that used to board N.K. ships in international waters.

North Korea is a special case, what with the international blockade and all.

Yeah and terrorist have never collected money and weapons under the guise of a charitable group or an aid organization. rolls eyes

Last time I checked Hamas had no problem getting money and weapons through various land routes. Why the fuck would they need whatever this ship had?

There's a UN resolution to stop and inspect NK ships, with their permission.

Depends. If he's a police officer with a warrant for my arrest and inspection of my home I think not.

That's not what this was at all. This is more like someone renting you a house that is already being rented to someone else, so you push them into the basement and cut off the electricity and throw down some crackers every now and then. Your neighbor hears about what's happening so he starts collecting food and stuff that he plans on passing through the basement window to the guy. He does this a few times and when you find out you get all pissed and break into his shed where he keeps the food with a machine gun. The guy is preparing a basket to give to the basmenet guy so when you get in you demand the basket, he instead grabs a knife and tries to force you out of his shed so you shoot him.

Also you won't go to prison because your dad's a judge.

1) ... I really can't understandt how anyone can defend Israel in this situation.

2) They attacked an aid fleet on onternational waters

3) killing several people, and they believe they can justify themselves with shit such as "there might be terrorists on board", or "they attacked us first".

1) Well, it's not all daisies and sunshine, but I do try.

2) They attacked a spearhead trying to run a blockade, and some on board are men who are wanted for/were engaged in acts of terrorism (I believe they are called... terrorists). The aid workers are what is sometime called a...beard.

3) They did attack first. I have no doubt. The PR disaster this is turning into just isn't worth it.

Why not? Use all available resources to get what you need. Too it is easy to hide stuff on ships. Just because your manifest states concrete and food does not mean it is all concrete and food.

:rofl:

Oh Samalander, we can always count on you. With minimal information, you have already determined that Israel must be in the right. But really, was there ever any doubt? :lol:

Why not? Use all available resources to get what you need. Too it is easy to hide stuff on ships. Just because your manifest states concrete and food does not mean it is all concrete and food.

I don't know what this means. Are you responding to someone? It mentions concrete so it might have been a response to me?

There's a UN resolution to stop and inspect NK ships, with their permission.

No we forceably board and they retaliate by stringing their decks with barb wire and fecal matter.

Yeah and terrorist have never collected money and weapons under the guise of a charitable group or an aid organization. rolls eyes

So what, because it has happened before you get to assault aid organizations whenever you like, even without any proof whatsoever the they were carrying weapons?

So what, because it has happened before you get to assault aid organizations whenever you like, even without any proof whatsoever the they were carrying weapons?

You say so what now but what if it could effect your life or the lives of your family

Archived