MLB 2010, Part II

Lightning Lord

They're starting to turn on one another. It's beautiful.

LOL, Caliban and I are both Cubs fans but that's where the similarities stop. I like to think of myself as the type of realist who hopes for the best and expects the worst. Caliban is the atypical douchebag sports fan who makes not just a team's fans but all sports fans look like idiots.

I prefer living in reality whereas Cali will come down from the clouds long enough to spout something overly troglodytish before venturing back into la-la land.

But then someone behind us threw a full cup of soda at his head, and suddenly out of the blue, security comes and takes the soda-thrower away. It took all of 20 seconds. And all the other Philly fans around us (and the Philly ushers and security people) were pretty effusive in their apologies. "We're not all like that." "Sorry about that, he was just an ass." "That kind of thing is uncalled for." And so on. Me and my brother were pretty surprised, since as Met fans, the same situation in reverse (in NYC) would probably have ended much worse.

That's actually pretty cool. Can respect that.

Different sport, but I always thought the way that Philly fans in general treated Donovan McNabb throughout his career there sort of confirmed most of the worst stereotypes they had.

They booed him on draft day and didn't stop for the rest of the career. He had his flaws for sure, but that always seemed like an unfair way to treat the best QB in franchise history. You didn't see Bronco fans booing Elway because he kept coming up short in his biggest games.

Archived