NBA Off-season

Rhom

You'd think so and yet he still felt the need to hold a one hour TV special to introduce his joining the Heat apart from Wade and Bosh. He's also stated his goal to being a Global Icon...but I'm sure he knows Scottie Pippen never became one. Is he really going to subsume his 7 years of "King" status to play second fiddle to Wade? I think he's confused about what he wants or how this will work out.

Yep. Just like Lebron should be the one as the best player on the Heat, but probably won't be due to his personality.

That's the thing though. Having a one hour special to talk about where he was going was pure narcissism. It was also a declaration that essentially said, "I give up. I can't do this myself and I'm going to go where there are people to help me". He told the world that, at 25, he doesn't have that killer instinct that makes a great player truly special.

By making this deal, making this choice, he's abrogated all claims to the title of "King" or "Chosen One". If Wade and Bosh had joined him in Chicago, New York, Cleveland, then okay. Those titles might still apply. Instead he went where he isn't the man. He's in "Wade County" now. No glaring spotlight on him, even if he has the most talent on the floor night in and night out.

I think that's my main issue. That he strung Cleveland, and himself, along for all that time to ultimately, whether he realizes it or not, declare that he's got no more desire than to be the greatest role player of all time. I wish I could find the article I've now heard reference in two different places from 2006 from ESPN The Magazine where LeBron talks about never wanting to chase a title...oops.

I never thought I'd find a reason to cheer for Kobe. But now I have it. I want, more than anything, for Lebron to lose. That's all I want. I don't care at all about "my team" (MN). Or my player (Garnett). I just want Lebron to lose. He's a kid throwing a tantrum about life not being fair and that shoudl not be rewarded with rings.

Ok

. Brilliant!

That's AWESOME. The Cavaliers mascot as Randy "Macho Man" Savage and Delonte West as Sting was epic. So many parallels. The WCW=Cleveland. WCW owner Ted Turner=Dan Gilbert.

So many nicknames to call them. The Nazgul, the Ring wraiths. The Outsiders, the NWB. The New World Order of Basketball, BROTHER! :P

Fascinating article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-heatfreeagency071610

From all reports the Woj is the best NBA reporter around so I have to trust this stuff. Interesting that LeBron was such a douche they almost kicked him off the 2008 Olympics team.

It also makes me feel a bit more comfortable with my prediction that the Heat will not win a title with the 3 together.

Archived