World of Warcraft

Arataniello

I'm sorry to hear it Mack, that really sucks. :(

Like you, I also tend to gravitate towards WoW for the social aspect. Other games can entertain me for awhile, but I tend to miss the social interaction you have with games like WoW.

Re the Leatherworking skill ups: Can I just say that I got it to 450, but I had to grind like an insane monkey for days, and still blew over 3k gold on it. Arctic furs on Sylvanas go for 100k a pop. You don't want to know what Borean leather and Nerubian Chitin goes for. Even frozen orbs topped 20G during the weekend. We also have several players who just AH bot and scan, scan, scan and relist...constantly. We have two just in our guild who got fed up with raiding and are now looking at their 80k gold or whatever.

On the raiding front, we finally got a 25 man raid going with a huge hodge podge of people. With a bit of shouting I got them to actually not stand in the middle of the room during PP and we downed him. Flawless take down on the second go of the night, despite running 5 healers of which one was a resto druid with 1.9k HPS (don't even ask, she is sooooooooo bad) and one being my SO's alt priest in a whopping mix of ilvl 200 items and some crafted stuff.

We're off to Bloodqueen tonight, who has turned into a total cockblock for our 25 man raid, for some bizarre reason. People just CANT bite. They seem physically unable to. It will work for a little while, then people will start dying, fucking up, getting MCed and we have sub 5% wipes. Over and over and over again. With the buff we should be able to sleepwalk this bit, but we just seem to suffer from the same Stupid on Lana'Thel as we do in Ruby Sanctum. Unless it's "don't stand in the big fires on the floor" or "DPS down add X", people can't do it.

I'm thinking of just hitting Sindy instead. It's easier to just make charts for where people need to stand than to get them to take initiative, for some reason.

Aratan,

Yes, 100G a pop, on average. Sorry for swapping a g with a k. :P

-Glod farming/buying.

-Someone trying to fuck with AH add-ons and market value.

Reread Lyanna's post and I fail at comprehension.

Oh it's rampant. We've both had people hacked for gold buying (and not small amounts, we're talking about people buying like 100k) and then we have the people who only log on to scan the AH and make money. Earlier this week one of our guildies reported another player for botting cos he kept using the AH 24/7 relisting stuff. Apparently the next day this guy was gone, so they KNOW people are botting and doing weird shit with the AH.

Overall, of all servers I've played on, Sylvanas has the crappiest AH. Even if you're very clever with the days and times you're listing stuff, people are always there undercutting.

It also seems almost impossible to corner markets, cos of too many people only doing AH botting.

Loads of people seem to have given up on raiding/really doing anything in favour of making wads of cash in preparation for Cataclysm.

What would be a comofortable money level come Cata? I dunno what to aim for. People in the know claim you need some 60k to get going, but that sounds a bit ridiculous.

Aratan,

Yes, 100G a pop, on average. Sorry for swapping a g with a k. :P

What would be a comofortable money level come Cata? I dunno what to aim for. People in the know claim you need some 60k to get going, but that sounds a bit ridiculous.

I'm going to aim for about 2k - 3k per level 80, to cover initial training in professions. But I certainly won't be dropping coin on latest enchants and gemmings as soon as Cata hits, becuase you know prices are going to be overinflated to the rafters in the first few weeks of the new expansion.

I hate shadowmourne.

On my best fight(Saurfang)I cant even come close to our Fury warrior with it. I almost managed to hit 16k dps (15short) and I'm still not coming in top 5. I'm close to the rogues but almost 2k behind the warrior.

Had semi fun last night, we decided to run a ToC 10 to get abit of extra gear for some new people in the guild and originally I got to bring along my poor old Troll warrior so I could actually hit stuff in the face for once as I never get to do anything beside healing nowadays (When we do run two healers, we have the disc turn shadow) but alas one of the healers connections was being really shoddy so I had to switch over and then all the bosses proceeded to drop arp plate gear plus the edge of agony.

The Guild Leader then had the idea of lets go get everyone some proto drakes, so off to Ulduar we went. We got FLs, X-Ts (amusingly after the first attempt failed due to a warrior failing to notice gravity bomb with a tantrum inc and then 2nd attempt the dps failed on the heart ><) Igmis, arm dude and crazy cat lady. It felt good being back in Ulduar as that was the last proper raid area I did on my old server.

In keeping with tradition, we just lost our only Shadowmourne for the third time. At least we didn't put much work into that last one. Some guy who used to be in the guild but transferred months ago came back with a nearly completed Shadowmourne. We got him his last few shards his first night back. He stuck around for all of a week before leaving.

My resto/ele shammy finally hit 80 a few days ago! Been gearing him up since. Up to 3T9 plus a totem and a ring. Next stop is probably the offset head, as I'm wearing a 187 cloth one and I would like my meta slot, then I'll buy the set legs and we'll be off to the races. Was able to heal the weekly, since it's Patchwerk, so that was nice too. (Resto is going to be my first priority as my guild on that realm doesn't raid regularly.)

After a rocky start to heroics, I'm back to going through them without much trouble. The "Riptide hastes Healing Wave" is a bigger deal than I realized while leveling. Anyone have any advice for a fresh 80 shaman healer?

Chain Heal spam isn't extremely effective in most 5 man content. Keep your earth shield up at all times. Riptide the clothies and Healing Wave the tanks / melee dps.

I've also found that if you have a tank that is doing a tough job holding agro, put your Earth shield on whoever is taking the damage. It can be emasculating for the tank... But it makes your job that much easier.

I only drop totems if I find we'll be in the same spot for a pull or two, otherwise I don't bother. The exception being cleansing totem. That is a literal god send for the Nerubian instances, and for the Rogue in ToChamp etc. Mana and healing are nice, but cleansing is good old fashioned utility that sentry totem can't come close to touching.

Finally, if you aren't doing anything, get in the habit of hitting your water shield button. It is 'alt r' on my bar, with 'r' being wind shear. It has a pesky habit of dropping off without you realizing it (Bone Storms and Pungent Blight's being prime offenders in my experience.) Keeping it up is worth a substantial amount of mana, especially at low gear levels where it probably is ~50% of your mp5.

I said finally... But my last note is wind shear. Get it on your bar, and get comfortable hitting it. Locking down a caster really decreases the amount of healing you have to do on some pulls. And forcing those guys into the tanks melee range really helps. It adds soo much utility to the group. DPS should be doing it, but I never trust those sneaky bastards to do anything right XD.

GLuck!

Got my ICC 10 Acheivement mount this week. WOOT!

Although I think I'd rather have the non-helmeted PVP version. It looks better imo.

But anyway, all I needed was Portal Jockey and that was a cinch. We wanted to get another few guys their mounts but we just could not do the Sindragosa achievement this week. Which was pissing us all off cause we one shot it last week.

I'm trying to get people interested in farming like H Putricide (for selfish, trinket-related reasons) and trying out Heroic LK, but there is currently not much enthusiasm for it. Maybe after I get back from vacation people will be more inclined.

The plan now seems to be to hit up 10 Ulduar and get people that drake, which is good with me too.

25 ICC we been trying H Deathwhisper and H Saurfang as our next bit of progression. Both are pretty close, but just a little too sloppy.

We should have H Saurfang next week, as we almost had it with no pushback and not alot of range cause all the Boomkins and Ele Shammies decided not to show on the right day.

H Deathwhisper we just need people to focus down the adds better and not fuck up on spirits so much.

With luck, I'll come back to my guild being 8/12 Heroic in 25 ICC.

Did HM Saurfang and Blood princes in ten man yesterday despite having some weird weird stuff happening.

But as we cheesed Saurfang with three pallies (one holy healing the marks) it was cake. And yes, I had to bring my 251 geared tank instead of my main BECAUSE PALAS ARE OP. We killed him despite our shaman dying to blood beasts, me lagging and with taunts way way off.

So I still didn't actually get the kill on my priest, bleeh. I just hate being the most gimped healer with 0 utility, ./emo

It just makes me sad that we've had so much better tries on him with me on my priest, but because I don't have the HPS of a Holy pala on the marked people, we can't do it with me healing.

We're also about to hit Sindragosa in our 25 man which should be loads of fun... 0.o

We're also about to hit Sindragosa in our 25 man which should be loads of fun... 0.o

/shudder

And just think, LK is even worse for 1 moron being able to wipe the raid.

The weird thing for us on a lot of fights, including LK and Sindy, is that different people would screw up each time, so there wasn't anyone we could identify as a consistent problem.

Chain Heal spam isn't extremely effective in most 5 man content. Keep your earth shield up at all times. Riptide the clothies and Healing Wave the tanks / melee dps.

I've also found that if you have a tank that is doing a tough job holding agro, put your Earth shield on whoever is taking the damage. It can be emasculating for the tank... But it makes your job that much easier.

I only drop totems if I find we'll be in the same spot for a pull or two, otherwise I don't bother. The exception being cleansing totem. That is a literal god send for the Nerubian instances, and for the Rogue in ToChamp etc. Mana and healing are nice, but cleansing is good old fashioned utility that sentry totem can't come close to touching.

Finally, if you aren't doing anything, get in the habit of hitting your water shield button. It is 'alt r' on my bar, with 'r' being wind shear. It has a pesky habit of dropping off without you realizing it (Bone Storms and Pungent Blight's being prime offenders in my experience.) Keeping it up is worth a substantial amount of mana, especially at low gear levels where it probably is ~50% of your mp5.

I said finally... But my last note is wind shear. Get it on your bar, and get comfortable hitting it. Locking down a caster really decreases the amount of healing you have to do on some pulls. And forcing those guys into the tanks melee range really helps. It adds soo much utility to the group. DPS should be doing it, but I never trust those sneaky bastards to do anything right XD.

GLuck!

Okay, thanks. I already do basically all that stuff so I guess I'm in good shape. I'm looking mostly for stuff like the "riptide hastes healing wave" thing I mentioned -- things that maybe weren't a big deal while leveling so I might have missed them, that will be important now.

Grats on the drake Shryke!

/shudder

And just think, LK is even worse for 1 moron being able to wipe the raid.

I know!! To the last minute, I thought we'd have to go with like 22 people, but we managed to fill all slots and off we went. Bit of a weird setup ( 2 tanks, 7 healers, of which 2 Disc priests and 0 Holy palas 0.o ) and our new restio druid who pulled 1.9k HPS on Putricide 25....

Anyway, long story short, after three sub 5% wipes, we got her down! I was as amazed by that as anyone else.

So, we're now looking at doing LK with a raid with virtually no holy palas, no boomkin, no ele shammy and only one ret pala.

At least nobody died to blistering cold due to forgetting to run during the entire evening and we only had a couple of P2 block mishaps and like maybe 3-4 chain blocks in P3 overall. Most was surprisingly clean! I'm almost starting to think we should give RS 25 another go too. :stunned:

So, k, looking at getting people to suicide off edge in P2...

Archived