What should be Jon's new Targaryen name?

Toe

I think he might already have a Targ name, probably Aemon or after his father and as to the second part. Since like Mance's son he was born while a battle raged around him, then it would either be Aemon Steelsong or Aemon Battleborn. Wallbreaker works too.

His Targaeryen name would have been Visenya since Rhaegar was a delusional idiot expecting a girl to finish his holy trinity of children.

His Targaeryen name would have been Visenya since Rhaegar was a delusional idiot expecting a girl to finish his holy trinity of children.

A lot of people call Rhaegar stupid and delusional but he wasn't though. Yeah he was wrong but the war for dawn is coming and the players are real. And if Jon is AA, that would make him 1/3 right. Someone else suggested that it's possible that Rhaenys was the PTWP but that role passed on to Dany after she was killed which would then make him two thirds correct.

I hope he does stick with Jon. It would be a bit hard for me to identify with him if he changes his name. It's like he's taking on a whole new personality. If he is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna and a possible heir to the Iron Throne, I wouldn't want him to change just because of the whole new world that will be thrust to him. And I think it would also be a kindness to Ned because Jon did love him as his father and changing his name would be forgetting a link with the father whom he grew up with.

When I read the topic title I thought it would be about his 'surname' not his first name. I say let Jon be Jon.

But if he does need a new surname I suggest something like 'Whitefyre' or 'Snowfyre', a blending of the Starks and the Targaryens.

When I read the topic title I thought it would be about his 'surname' not his first name. I say let Jon be Jon.

But if he does need a new surname I suggest something like 'Whitefyre' or 'Snowfyre', a blending of the Starks and the Targaryens.

you know if he does become a legitimised bastard I do wonder what his arms would be (a white wolf on black) and what his new surname (Wensington, Blackfyre and possibly the Reynes)

If Rhaegar had had a choice on the matter, it would probably have been Viserys (blah). Good thing there's no way to learn his opinions.

Jon's name is Jon, no matter what his last name is. I don't see anything wrong with Jon Targaryen and, if it comes to it, I think that would be Jon's name. But if -for whatever reason - he has to change his name, I think he would choose Aemon. It's very doubtful it will come to that, though. Jon would want to keep his name, to remind himself where he comes from or something equally Stark-ish.

• 1 year later...

Archived