What should be Jon's new Targaryen name?

Toe

IF Jon is the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar, my guess would be Lyanna lived long enough to name him. I am sure she gave him a Targ name. Rhaegar already had a Rhaenys and Aegon so perhaps Lyanna played with the name Visenya to put a male twist on the spelling? Maybe Viserion? MMmmmm? Isn't that the name of a certain white dragon?

Regardless of if Jon was given a name at birth by his parents, I think Ned would change any Targ name to protect the baby. People would not think twice about the name Jon. They would just think it was to honor Jon Arryn or King Jon Stark.

Lol, Viserys is the male version of Visenya, and Verserion is (Dany's) dragon version.

Anyways, I don't think he would change his name regardless. I think it would be stupid.

Jon Snow, Jon Stone, Jon Waters or Jon Sand, pick one of them.

He is a bastard, nothing more, nothing less.

And i would love to be confirmed that his mother was the fisherman`s daughter.

We have enough Targaryens already.

Yes, they're everywhere. All one of them.

IF Jon is the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar, my guess would be Lyanna lived long enough to name him. I am sure she gave him a Targ name. Rhaegar already had a Rhaenys and Aegon so perhaps Lyanna played with the name Visenya to put a male twist on the spelling? Maybe Viserion? MMmmmm? Isn't that the name of a certain white dragon?

Regardless of if Jon was given a name at birth by his parents, I think Ned would change any Targ name to protect the baby. People would not think twice about the name Jon. They would just think it was to honor Jon Arryn or King Jon Stark.

I cannot believe I never even considered that before! It makes total sense he would have had a Targ name in the beginning.

He should stay with Jon Snow.

Seriously - compare his and Robb's story arcs. They're all about Robb failing to emulate his father and Jon actually living up to his (Ned's) standard.

Jon is all about his 'Starkness' and the most in-character response to "No Jon, you are a Targaryen." would be "Shut up and don't mention that again!"

dude bro if Jon Snows true name is Viserion Targaryen that would be just about the most epic thing ever.

I like the name... Jon. Why not? Aegon V named his son after the non-Targaryen Ser Duncan the Tall. Brynden Rivers didn't have a Targ name either. Besides, this putative son of Rhaegar was an orphan who was named by his adoptive father after a man he admired, so why wouldn't Jon keep his name, which was also incidentally the name of a friend of Rhaegar?

I always thought it would be cool to be Aemon...

There has never been a King Aemon, Maester Aemon was his trusted mentor/advisor and I think they had a close relationship, and Aemon the Dragonknight was one of his childhood heroes.

That said I think he will probably be Jon Stark the Ice Dragon when all is said and done...

Archived