What should be Jon's new Targaryen name?

Toe

He will change his name from Jon Snow to Jon's Won.

You know I really don't care what he calls himself as long as their are no "y"s where there should be "i"s or random "ae"s. If he calls himself Jon Ycefyre or Staerk I shall climb into the book and slap him.

Yce, yce, baeby.

Why doesn't anyone agree on Aerys III? He was the last ruling Targaryen, so by taking his name Jon would emphasise the justness of his rule, and where his inherited power comes from. You want a Targaryen King? Call him Aerys! Targaryens are always right, NOT taking Aerys would be like acknowledging a certain fault, that doesn't seem right..

If everything is true and he is a Targ heir and not a Bastard; I would expect him to keep the name he has. Even with people, possibly pressuring him to take a "regular" Targ; I see Jon telling them to go get bent! Now, if R&L gave him a name before their deaths; perhaps he would take that one. Either way, he is JON FREAKING SNOW(AAR, tPtwP,tDhTH, the Boy who Lived, the Girl on Fire, Luke Skywalker, tSoIaF.....deal with it)!!! :cool4:

P.S. Baelor......would be badass though!!!

There's a post I'm too lazy to look for that made a good point about Jon's Targ name being Daeron. Daeron the Young Dragon was one of Jon's childhood heroes, he became king at 14 (the age at which Jon joined the NW) and died at 18 (same as Jon). He tried to conquer Dorne; Jon was born there, his wetnurse and milkbrother are Dornish. Jon's existence would really piss off the Martells, with whom Daeron was at war.

There's a post I'm too lazy to look for that made a good point about Jon's Targ name being Daeron. Daeron the Young Dragon was one of Jon's childhood heroes, he became king at 14 (the age at which Jon joined the NW) and died at 18 (same as Jon). He tried to conquer Dorne; Jon was born there, his wetnurse and milkbrother are Dornish. Jon's existence would really piss off the Martells, with whom Daeron was at war.

Not only that but Daeron is Jon's childhood hero.

Jon also has some notable parallels with Daeron II as well. Daeron II was the man who managed to bring the Dornish into the Seven Kingdoms; Jon is the man that's bringing the Wildling into the Seven Kingdoms. Daeron II also had a number of detractors who spread rumors that he was the bastard of Naerys and Aemon the Dragonknight to discredit; Jon's detractors use his status as a bastard to discredit him. There's a potential parallel with the relationship between Daeron II and Daemon Blackfyre and the hypothetical relationship between Jon and fAegon.

Exactly!

• 8 months later...

Archived