World of Warcraft

RaceBannon42

I liked WotLK's cinematic more, since it was less "I AM PURE EVIL! I WILL DESTROY THE WORLD!" Arthas remembering his father's words is a bit more characterization than Deathwing's "I'm angry." Honestly, I never got Arthas' motivation though. He wants to make the entire world undead just for the sake of doing it, it seems.

Ner'zhul, at least, had a long-term plan as Lich King, he wanted the whole world Undead so he could keep Kil'jaeden from devouring his soul.

I'm having the oddest problem. I posted about it in their tech support forum but I haven't seen a response yet.

I have 5 regular toons that I play on the same account. The two horde L80s (lock and paladin), plus the troll priest and orc hunter all work fine as of now. I'm running add-ons (omen, recount, Pitbull, Dominos, XForte, VuhDo, Prat, Auctionator).

But on my alliance toon, the L80 shaman, it crashes like mad. From Wed to Fri, it will crash whenever I'm flying, or when I rezone after a wipe (dungeon and ICC raid). Then starting Saturday, it crashes as soon as the game loads. I tried the following:

1. Turning off all add-ons. It still crashes on loading with default Blizzard UI.

2. Trashing the WTF file for that character. That didn't solve it.

3. Trashing the entire WTF folder. That didn't work, either.

What the hell? Why is it so buggy for 1 toon, but not the others?

Lvl 65 and finished exploration on Kalimdor and Eastern Islands. I only need Dire Maul-North to finish the classic dungeon achievement but there is no way in hell that is gonna happen any time soon. I'll have to wait til I'm lvl 70 to solo it. I had DM in my queue for two weeks and not one time did I enter the instance. People kept bailing on the ready check. Anyway on to the BC dungeons.

Lvl 65 and finished exploration on Kalimdor and Eastern Islands. I only need Dire Maul-North to finish the classic dungeon achievement but there is no way in hell that is gonna happen any time soon. I'll have to wait til I'm lvl 70 to solo it. I had DM in my queue for two weeks and not one time did I enter the instance. People kept bailing on the ready check. Anyway on to the BC dungeons.

That place is very difficult anyway and you would probably just die a lot if you went in with a group of strangers. Hell, you might die a lot if you went in there with a group of at-level friends. Get a friend or guildmate to run you through it, or yeah, you could go at a very high level.

Meh now I think about it DM north might be a challenge to solo with my warr, when he gets to ~60. So far everything is soloable, although some bosses are tricky. Now all addons are working I actually love the pre-cata patch. Never before in wow history could one level entirely through solo 5man dungeons, nor level that fast in general :).

Finally my last chance to do DM North because I just leveled to 66 and I finally get a group. What a fun instance. We rolled it and I got the classic dungeon achievement. Also rolled the first two dungeons in BC(Hellfire Ramparts and Blood Furnace). Getting the achievement was definitely a great gaming moment especially after two weeks of nothing and then bam done.

Ok, now the problem had gone from worse to clusterfu(k.

Now the game repeatedly crashes with NO addons running, and after I repeated trashed the entire WTF and cache.

So.... the game is unplayable for me right now, because I can't stay log on.

I'm going to call Bliz Customer support tomorrow. I don't know what good it'll do, but hey, it's not like I am going to be raiding or anything for the evening...

Ok, now the problem had gone from worse to clusterfu(k.

Now the game repeatedly crashes with NO addons running, and after I repeated trashed the entire WTF and cache.

So.... the game is unplayable for me right now, because I can't stay log on.

I'm going to call Bliz Customer support tomorrow. I don't know what good it'll do, but hey, it's not like I am going to be raiding or anything for the evening...

Have you tried repairing or reinstalling the game? I am aware that might take the better part of a day, even with a great internet connection and a fast PC, but I don't think anything else can be causing it. Game is a bit unstable for most players after the patch, I have had a few crashes myself, so have my friends, but it is definitely playable.

All Blizz customer support are gonna tell you is to reinstall the game and hope for the best. Even Tech support might be unable to assist you far beyond that and it takes some time to get a hold on them. It's worth doing what you already know they'll tell you to do before calling, so when you call you can ask them for something more than the standard response.

Have you tried repairing or reinstalling the game? I am aware that might take the better part of a day, even with a great internet connection and a fast PC, but I don't think anything else can be causing it. Game is a bit unstable for most players after the patch, I have had a few crashes myself, so have my friends, but it is definitely playable.

All Blizz customer support are gonna tell you is to reinstall the game and hope for the best. Even Tech support might be unable to assist you far beyond that and it takes some time to get a hold on them. It's worth doing what you already know they'll tell you to do before calling, so when you call you can ask them for something more than the standard response.

Yeah, this is what I was going to say - last week I tried to repair, but it gave me an error message to reinstall. Took about 3 1/2 hrs to reinstall, download most of my addons and get them sorta functional. May be your best alternative at this point - since I did that I haven't had a crash, /fingerscrossed

FWIW reinstalling isn't as painful as it used to be. I just moved my install from one drive to the other -- I copied my entire WoW directory to the other, uninstalled the existing install, and installed in the new path using the downloaded installer. If you do it this way it seems to skip the stuff it's already got. The new downloadable installer seems to be a baseline 4.0 patch so you don't have to start at 3.x and then patch.

Archived