World of Warcraft

RaceBannon42

:lol: Turtle pet ftw! I am guessing he's BM for this so he can boost his pet? The tricky part is for DPS to not rip aggro, methinks. The slime merging got a bit crazy at the end there but it all worked out.

ROFL!!!

And that dude was CRAP at dodging the green shit on the floor as well. My word. :P

Heh, it inspired me to look through a couple of our guild's old raid videos of our first TOC10 run and our first forays into ICC 10. Most are so boring and dull! Hardly any gratuitous swearing or random shouting at all! And we're focused and really really BAD! :o

:lol: Turtle pet ftw! I am guessing he's BM for this so he can boost his pet? The tricky part is for DPS to not rip aggro, methinks. The slime merging got a bit crazy at the end there but it all worked out.

Yeah, he's in all Tier..whichever one SSC is- and resilience gear there. (SSC tier heals your pet for something like 40% of your auto shot damage.)

I was surprised he did it with a turtle, the Sindy tanking video Here used a worm, which holds threat MUCH better than a turtle (turtles just don't die ever because of Shell Shield.)

Still, crappy navigational skills or not, single tanking Rot AND the slimes is no small feat. He has the tanking rifle, too. (He hates bows and will only use guns, and that's pre-buff, before his guild got Stakethrower to drop regularly.)

Pet tanking is so cheesy tho.

I remember when we were struggling with Sarth 25 3D back in glowy Tier7 gear, someone had a warlock in stamina gear have his void walker tank Sarth and eat the flame breaths without a prob. Total cheese. :P

25 Putricide down. :)

Grats Ini! We are patting ourselves on the back for clearing everything up to Sindy in our semi-casual raiding setup on ten man. Should be going on to Big Blue this weekend.

In a fit of madness I dual-specced my druid for heals, mainly due to some freak stroke of luck landing me with two Sanctified pieces of resto t10 from VoA. Glyphwise, what should I be taking? I see a lot of variation in the resto druids I know on my home server.

Talent spec

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Malfurion&cn=Nimbrethil&group=2

Although looks like I logged out in balance gear.

This now means I have one of each hybrid class healer. I clearly need help.

Grats Ini! We are patting ourselves on the back for clearing everything up to Sindy in our semi-casual raiding setup on ten man. Should be going on to Big Blue this weekend.

In a fit of madness I dual-specced my druid for heals, mainly due to some freak stroke of luck landing me with two Sanctified pieces of resto t10 from VoA. Glyphwise, what should I be taking? I see a lot of variation in the resto druids I know on my home server.

Talent spec

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Malfurion&cn=Nimbrethil&group=2

Although looks like I logged out in balance gear.

This now means I have one of each hybrid class healer. I clearly need help.

Swiftmend is more or less non-optional and trees who don't have it are almost without exception bad. Bit of debate on the others; common choices include Wild Growth, Rapid Rejuvenation and Nourish. Personally I default to Swiftmend, Rapid Rejuv and Nourish. Rapid Rejuvenation may end up being a negative on some fights as its flip side is you'll have to recast more often; a lot of people use it on 10man but not 25. Innervate is an option if you find you need mana. Wild Growth is useful if you can hit lots of people at once but not so much if your group is spread out -- in a lot of 10mans this is an issue, so most 10man-focused trees don't roll with it since it's hard to hit even the untalented maximum on a lot of fights. Some people use Lifebloom but I have basically no idea why. Don't be afraid to switch glyphs between 10/25 or even on some fights if you have to.

I would give some thought to speccing Celestial Focus unless you already have a shitload of haste.

Here's my druid: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Baelgun&cn=Muhale

Here's my guildmate, one of the best trees I know: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Baelgun&cn=Redxii%C3%AC

Disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing about druids except that Starfall is ridiculous and always pulls the middle adds in ICC.

http://elitistarmory.com/US/Terokkar/Steaky

This is our guilds resto druid who knows her stuff. Looks like she has rapid rejuv (I could justify) as well as nourish and swiftmend (might be standard glyphs, or they might be her Valithria glyphs).

Her specs should be solid, although I cannot tell you why haha. Though do be careful as she does TreevP with one of her specs, and she has PvP glyphs on it, so sometimes she'll log out in PvPwear and fake you out.

Thanks for those tips and pointers. My haste is around 635 (from memory) in my gear alone, but I need more I think - somewhere in the 800s I think is the target. I will need to review trinkets to see where I can pick up more haste, as currently I have the Broodmother one and Nevermelting from my DPS set.

Had a good raid night last night.

normally we wipe 5-6 times on Heroic Sindy but after a new recruit messed up and chained frost tombs on 75% of the raid we came back and got her on the second go of the night.

Finished up 11/12 HM with half an hour left so we called it an early night. No prot tokens again but I did get Heroic Sindrigosa's Cruel Claw. Now all I need is one more token and Heroic Tiny Abomb. Well there are a couple of pieces off of Heroic Halion and of course a pair of axes off of Heroic LK, but thats it for attainable loot atm.

Two full nights to work on HM LK minus the time it takes us to do normal RS. Hopefully we can make some progress on P2

ETA here's the link to our resto druid.

With respect to your haste question, here is a handy reference on the current resto haste cap with all possible permutations of talents and raid buffs:

http://restorationdruid.com/2009/12/10/haste_soft_cap_for_resto_druids_3-3/

Ideally you want to be at the point where your GCD is 1sec. Mo' casts mo' money. It's okay to be a little off.

We're 2-3 achieves away from our 10 man drakes, and tonight we're trying H Sindy of the first time. Any tips for a tank on that one?

Also, the guy up 3rd on the list of people for Shadowmourne has been super flaky lately, either being late/leaving early, or just not showing up. I'm hoping this means I can move up a spot on the list. Our second one is coming along much quicker than the first one did!

Not really sure on 10 man Blue.

on 25 for the achieve we just made sure people cleared every tomb and assigned 2 rogues to be in charge of breaking them at the correct times. Tanks have to really be on their toes with taunting and clearing at the righ times.

We use 1 tank on the head and then the 2nd tank is on the tail. we then alternate dropping tombs head then tail.

That chieve was a huge pita. The 10 man group has been selling drake runs for weeks now. They struggle with that chieve but it can be done een carrying a couple of bads.

Reading this thread, I'm wondering if being in a raiding guild is even worth it. And raiding in general. It all seems really...heavy, and if you mess up you have a shitload of people on your back.

I'm glad I'm an extremely casual player who only plays on weekends. I think I'll stick with PvP when I'm 80.

Raiding can be amazing or it can be awful. It really depends. The rush of coordinating with a large-scale team of people and pulling off a big fight is incredible. It really depends on who you raid with.

Finding the right people to raid with is key. If you get a bunch of guys (and gals) together that you really enjoy, then it doesn't seem like as much of a chore. Especially since most of the "chore" aspects aren't as bad as they once were (farming mats, fishing for feasts, etc). Having a fun group of friends to raid with is always so much more fun then raiding with a bunch of snobs and a few bosses.

I mean, you're still expected to at least put minimal effort into knowing your class, for the sake of keeping a raid smooth, but, at least in my guild, most guildies are willing to broaden their horizons and help you figure out your class even if it's not their own (on the off chance you don't have a same-class mentor within your guild).

In practice it's not half so confusing as it sounds, but it's definitely more of a hobby then playing strictly for entertainment purposes.

I just got WOW along with the two expansions and bought it with intent on raiding and epic monster killing. There wasn't enough big boss fights in Guild Wars but I loved the mission based instances. Actually there was just Glint until the new dungeon content in the Eyes of the North expansion. I'm not big into filler or grinding at all. The early part of WOW is all go collect this or kill x enemies which is a pain. I just started a Draenai Hunter currently at level 7. I plan on waiting for the Cataclysm expansion to take another character through to see the changes Blizzard will make to the early stuff.

Anyone want to quest with me I'm Samhaini on the US Eitrigg server.

Archived