World of Warcraft

RaceBannon42

When things go smoothly raiding is a blast. The thrill of finally downing a new boss after weeks or months of working at it is fantastic. Having 25 people working together to down bosses is just so much cooler than soloing or running heroics.

The coordination required on some fights these days is just remarkable when you think about it. Its the satisfaction of everyone performing together that makes all the crappy stuff worth while.

Well my play time officially expired today. With school coming up I am trying to break the habit early. With burn out and the Cata in bound soon it should feel easier...

But of course I find myself reading the Elitistjerks forums for the first time in about 2 weeks, because when it comes to WoW: I can't quit you!

:laugh:

I am hoping to find a different addicting game to help pass the time, but with some criteria: It doesn't have a monthly subscription, and I don't feel like I am committed to playing it (which is the worst part of WoW for me). Any suggestions?

I am hoping to find a different addicting game to help pass the time, but with some criteria: It doesn't have a monthly subscription, and I don't feel like I am committed to playing it (which is the worst part of WoW for me). Any suggestions?

I believe that Lord of the Rings Online is moving to a free-to-play business model. Not sure what that entials exactly, but maybe worth investigating?

Well my play time officially expired today. With school coming up I am trying to break the habit early. With burn out and the Cata in bound soon it should feel easier...

But of course I find myself reading the Elitistjerks forums for the first time in about 2 weeks, because when it comes to WoW: I can't quit you!

:laugh:

If you're into RTS at all Star Craft2 online multiplayer is a ton of fun and the story line isn't too shabby either.

I've tried LOTRO but it just seems so much slower paced then WoW I could never get passed level 15.

Downloading League of Legends... We'll see how cool it is.

Thanks for the recommendations folks! Like any good WoW player you gotta know when the DPS queu is too long, and have the foresight to go make a sandwich.

Hopefully I'll be able to try it today, but I have work in 1.5 hours, babysitting after, and then going to Columbus for a day or two to move all of my stuff into another guy's house while I'm between leases... So I may get this game installed and then have to wait a few days to play it... Oh yeah sandwich! :leaving:

Raiding is my favorite thing in WoW, but it's starting to get so discouraging. Tuesday rolls around and there's no trouble filling the raid, and we're able to clear up to HM Arthas. The other two nights we raid it's a struggle to get 25 online for Arthas attempts, and usually one of those nights we just cancel the raid. Even if we fill a raid it's like people are only half there. We wiped to normal mode Halion 5 times last night because people run through cutters, or forget to heal the tank, or dispel the badness right on the raid, that sort of thing. On top of that we've lost quite a few geared raiders to burnout, and typically can only fill their slots with lesser geared and lesser experienced people. At this point I'm wondering if the guild will end up taking an extended break until the expansion if the only option we have is to farm 11/12 and wipe to phase 1 Arthas for the next however many months. Anyone else in a similar position, or are guilds generally still cranking along?

RS is pretty frustrating with a bad group. Or, you only need like 1-2 bad people and it turns utterly painful. Not sure why Blizzard introduces new content and makes it really punishing to carry bads as well, almost all guilds do.

As for raiding, to each their own, but PvP is almost worst on the stress front what with arena and the insane gear requirements to get anywhere. I mean, in PvE you can at least get started on heroics early, but in PvP you need to do either VoA loads, or do loads of arena in order to get gear. Just a total PITA.

My priest has 900 resilience in PvP gear, and it's mainly 251. I still get totally and utterly smashed to bits as soon as I get targeted by melee.

As for the EU servers, my current guild is on EU Sylvanas. On Alliance side, no less (altho 90% of the guild used to be Horde.)

So, our first night on Sindy on Saturday and after a couple of hours I am sick of hearing how my pathetic magic has beTRAYed me.

Our best attempt was 9%. Phase 1 we seem to have down fairly easily, although we had to take a break at one point to craft some frost resist pieces for melee who couldn't count.

Phase two is where we had problems. People seem to be incapable of getting away from ice tomb targets, and therefore we ended up with chained ice tombs which made it impossible to get any kind of dps on the boss. Hey ho, we will try again next week.

Welcome! The WoW players on the board are scattered around - I am on US Malfurion server.

I play on Malfurion! See, I only play on weekends at my dad's house, so I have mediocre characters, a 72 Dranaei Hunter(I think he's survival or marks right now...), a 65 Troll Death Knight(Unholy all the way), and I'll be putting time into my currently lvl 14 Blood Elf Mage.

we had to take a break at one point to craft some frost resist pieces for melee who couldn't count.

People seem to be incapable of getting away from ice tomb targets

These two problems are not unrelated. In fact, they're the same problem: raid awareness. You can craft frost resist gear to help, but it's only a band-aid. This is evident on your Phase2 problem, where no crafted gear can save the raid. The only options here are to either (1) wipe repeatedly until people get tired of it and decide to actually pay attention or (2) replace them with players with actual raid awareness. The raid lead can help, by making sure that everyone has DBM, keeping the vent channels clear so s/he can announce what needs to be done. But ultimately, it takes the players paying attention and anticipating the different stages of the fight.

Horrible raid last night.

Peoples heads were just not in the game.

I should have known it would be bad when we wiped twice on the big trash pack with the commander in RS.

I don't mind wiping if we are making progress, but it was just people not paying attention. Everytime the LK tank got shadow trap anywhere from 1-4 melee would go flying off the side. FFS people if its on the tank you need to run a bit farther!!!!!

People running into frostorbs on transition to p2... I dont know hom many times I've told people to not run into the orbs that hurl everyone off the side.. you'd think they might remember eventually. People grabbing aggro on raging spirits so the turn and aoe everyone....

just fucking horrible.

At this rate I doubt we will ever get him down.

I play on Malfurion! See, I only play on weekends at my dad's house, so I have mediocre characters, a 72 Dranaei Hunter(I think he's survival or marks right now...),

Toon name please? My 'main' is Thranathiril, but I tend to be on my 'alts' more these days. Just look for anyone in Infidels and ask for Thran.

I don't mind wiping if we are making progress, but it was just people not paying attention. Everytime the LK tank got shadow trap anywhere from 1-4 melee would go flying off the side. FFS people if its on the tank you need to run a bit farther!!!!!
This is actually a tank problem more than a melee problem; the tank also has to move him really far. This happened early on on our attempts too. We started calling it out specifically.

I play on Malfurion! See, I only play on weekends at my dad's house, so I have mediocre characters, a 72 Dranaei Hunter(I think he's survival or marks right now...), a 65 Troll Death Knight(Unholy all the way), and I'll be putting time into my currently lvl 14 Blood Elf Mage.

I started the same characters. I have a Dranaei Hunter at lvl 16 and going for a survival build and I just started a Blood Elf Mage at lvl 6. Is it possible to switch servers? I'm used to switching servers on Guild Wars but it looks like if you start a character on a server you can't switch to another. So far the game is pretty fun. I'm just getting my feet wet. Haven't died with either character yet so I don't know what happens when you die. Do you lose experience, gold etc..?

I started the same characters. I have a Dranaei Hunter at lvl 16 and going for a survival build and I just started a Blood Elf Mage at lvl 6. Is it possible to switch servers? I'm used to switching servers on Guild Wars but it looks like if you start a character on a server you can't switch to another. So far the game is pretty fun. I'm just getting my feet wet. Haven't died with either character yet so I don't know what happens when you die. Do you lose experience, gold etc..?

You can transfer servers within the same realm (us, eu) for a fee probably not worth it for low level toons.

wehn you die you become a ghost and need to run back you your corpse to rez. Your equipment takes a 10% durability damage and eventually needs to be repaired. you can also use the spiriti healer to spirit rez. you then have rez sickness and all your gear including in your bags taks a 25% durability hit. No experince is lost.

Archived