Footy the 22nd!

MercenaryChef

Despite villas goal tally of last year may not have been staggering he will still score plenty at barca. Having messi and the very capable midfield of the spanish champions providing service for david is a gift of epic proportions. I could score a couple goals with those skilled players giving me the ball and causing defenses to be in disarray.

And in other news how sweet was berbatov.s goal? And taking your shirt off to celebrate a goal when you already have another shirt on underneath is silly.

There are more Newcastle supporters here than you might think. I see the black and white stripes in pubs from time to time.

Why???

SUNDERLAND FTW

HAWAAAAAY THE LADS! COME ON THE MACKEMS!

I just can't imagine supporting them...I know a couple of their supporters, but I know their reasons.

^Are you from the US?

Just wondering why you support the Mags, if you are?

i am an american.

i will tell you why the toon are my team....

when i was a lad i was playing soccer at the school level. my coach was german. he had access to vhs libraries of matches and highlights of european leagues and players. mind you i lived in oregon, we had no internet yet as it was still barely invented, so when my coach showed us this man named alan shearer and the goals he scored then for blackburn i was in love with his quality. the man was the player i wanted to be. later on he would go to newcastle. about that time the usa started to get the occasional epl games on tv. i saw shearer now in a striped shirt for the toon. while other soccer friends were picking man united, arsenal, liverpool and chelsea i hung my hat upon the magpies.

since then i have been a supporter. i have watched them climb and fall and fall and fall even more. they just fit my working class, might-be-good background.

Oh. Well, I suppose that makes sense. That's the reason why a couple of the Mags supporters I know support them. The other was born there...

everyone has to admit that shearer was a class act. the man could seemingly score at will.

and how is it you are a sunderland fan being from ireland?

It makes sense as Barca had to take out a loan, just to cover the playing staff's wages.

Edit: Speaking of players left out, does anyone know what the situation is with Aliksander Hleb? Very unfortunate time of it since he left Arsenal. I'd love to see such a gifted player back in the EPL. He'd make a great loan/buy for someone like Liverpool or Villa. I wonder why Guardiola doesn't rate him.

So Milan sold Huntelaar to Schalke and now get Zlatan in return.

I am wondering if losing Zlatan will be a blow to Barca. Obviously the Barca midfield is great, plus they bought Villa, but I'm sure the idea was to play Villa-Messi-Zlatan. I don't think Zlatan had a bad year for Barca at all. He wasn't as good as Eto'o was, but that was expected. To my mind, getting rid of Eto'o was still the only big false move Barca made in recent years. Zlatan did quite well and made a fairly good centre forward who actually has some physical prowess in a barca team of midgets. On the other hand, there has been this whole soap opera this summer about Zlatan not feeling happy at Barca anymore, which was apparently masterminded by his agent, and now Barca are thinking they are probably better off getting rid of him.

Good deal for Milan anway.

So Milan sold Huntelaar to Schalke and now get Zlatan in return.

I am wondering if losing Zlatan will be a blow to Barca. Obviously the Barca midfield is great, plus they bought Villa, but I'm sure the idea was to play Villa-Messi-Zlatan. I don't think Zlatan had a bad year for Barca at all. He wasn't as good as Eto'o was, but that was expected. To my mind, getting rid of Eto'o was still the only big false move Barca made in recent years. Zlatan did quite well and made a fairly good centre forward who actually has some physical prowess in a barca team of midgets. On the other hand, there has been this whole soap opera this summer about Zlatan not feeling happy at Barca anymore, which was apparently masterminded by his agent, and now Barca are thinking they are probably better off getting rid of him.

Good deal for Milan anway.

Villa scores so much more through the middle though...in and around the box, he's deadly, moreso than Ibra, though Ibra is probably better in the air. They'll play Pedro on the left, most likely, another creative player who seems to score a lot of important goals for Barca. They've got Bojan aswell, and Seydou Keita.

not a great moment. but, he did smash some 206 goals for the toon. you cannot score if you do not shoot!

He scored too many bloody goals.... <_< but that moment is one of my favourites, one of the best days as a Sunderland fan. Ever. We've had a lot of bad days...but they were good ones back then.

Archived