Footy the 22nd!

MercenaryChef

this man named alan shearer and the goals he scored then for blackburn i was in love with his quality. the man was the player i wanted to be. later on he would go to newcastle. about that time the usa started to get the occasional epl games on tv. i saw shearer now in a striped shirt for the toon. while other soccer friends were picking man united, arsenal, liverpool and chelsea i hung my hat upon the magpies.

since then i have been a supporter. i have watched them climb and fall and fall and fall even more. they just fit my working class, might-be-good background.

so you never got to enjoy the peaks and troughs of the ill fated 95-96 season before he signed for newcastle? summed up everything that newcastle is about.

12 points ahead in mid february, lost by 4 points. lucky lucky you.

but the first two thirds of the season were a sight to behold.

Jon is German.

And Renasko, Keita played in a very advanced role lots of times last season and scored a good few goals before the ANC. When Henry and Pedro were injured, he played on the left-hand-side of attack, and played deeper other times. He's certainly not a DM like Mascherano.

After watching Match of the Day last night I have to say that I was impressed with Manuel Almunia's performance. He appeared to a lot more confident coming off his line and he wasn't put off by Blackburn's bullying tactics at set-pieces.

I also enjoyed the amount of pressure Wolves were putting on Joey Barton in a blatant attempt to get him sent off. Mick McCarthy managed to dodge the issue by telling the interviwer "I thought he was no shrinking violet either" and Chris Houghton dealt with the issue quite tactfully where as Arsene Wenger (if it had been one of his players) would have whinged for weeks. Barton has impressed me in the last two games as he's played well and hasn't done anything rash which is what he was always doing two season ago every time he was released from prison or returned from suspension. Alan Shearer, who said that Barton would never played for Newcastle United again, was also praising him last night.

Joey Barton is still a scummy prick. Sunderland fans have not forgotten this.

He deserves anything he gets, I wonder will Hugton play him at the SoL?

completely agree, however do sunderland and middlesborough fans ever talk about their own teams? Why the constant obsession with all things Newcastle?

completely agree, however do sunderland and middlesborough fans ever talk about their own teams? Why the constant obsession with all things Newcastle?

Strange I spent 3 years at Uni in Middlesbrough and all the Middlesbrough fans I knew up there always went on about Boro for awhile before even sniping at Newcastle or Sunderland.

Little jealous that Liverpool have signed Raul Meriles. I was quite impressed by him during the WC. He'll be a good player for them. Hopefully they won't ruin him.

He's kind of a box to box guy right? It's my understanding that he likes to come late into the opposition box, much like Gerrard and Lampard. I wonder how he fits in with Gerrard. Maybe you can put Gerrard back behind Torres, Meriles into the center of midfield, and put Joe Cole out left.

I can talk about Sunderland for a long long time. If you like? :D

The subject was actually Joey Barton...that's why I mentioned that.

He's kind of a box to box guy right? It's my understanding that he likes to come late into the opposition box, much like Gerrard and Lampard. I wonder how he fits in with Gerrard. Maybe you can put Gerrard back behind Torres, Meriles into the center of midfield, and put Joe Cole out left.

Midfield diamond of:

Poulsen

Meriles Gerrard

Cole

That's what I'd go with, anyway. :D

:lol:

;)

What a performance! What a result! And it was actually a rubbish penalty, one of the worst he's ever taken...I'm so happy, it's unbelievable. Reminded me why I love the sport :wub:

Tevez's miss, Mignolet's super save and just general performances from Elmo, Mignolet, Bramble, Steed, and then a last minute goal. Can't beat it, just can't beat it.

;)

What a performance! What a result! And it was actually a rubbish penalty, one of the worst he's ever taken...I'm so happy, it's unbelievable. Reminded me why I love the sport :wub:

Tevez's miss, Mignolet's super save and just general performances from Elmo, Mignolet, Bramble, Steed, and then a last minute goal. Can't beat it, just can't beat it.

i am even pleased to see sunderland put down man city. sometimes all money in the world cannot stand up against good fortune and a strong defense.

i am even pleased to see sunderland put down man city. sometimes all money in the world cannot stand up against good fortune and a strong defense.

Nice of you ^_^

Don't expect me to be as gracious. ;)

And about Real Madrid...Mallorca had a pretty outstanding home record last season, Michael Laudrup is a very good manager, and Real Madrid's team certainly isn't perfect. Good 3-0 win for Barca though, and Milan won 4-0 with apparently a very impressive performance.

Archived