ASoIaF mod for Mount & Blade Warband

Deas

Is the plan still to port this over to M&B 1.* after the Warband port? The only reason I bought M&B was for this mod.

Same here, comrade, same here :P

But we're thinking that warband is much more ASOIAF-like, due to many abilities it added (like being able to get married, to proclaim yourself king, etc. etc.) And the improved, better optimized graphics.

I don't think that the scripting thing will differ so wildly between 1.011 and warband as it did between .903 and 1.011, and even if it did, we haven't actually done much scripting, so porting it shouldn't be as much of a problem as it was before.

• 3 weeks later...

Cool. And another question. Will the lords have their own sons who will hold no lands (let say Rickard Karstark`s three sons, will be included)?

We are attempting to recreate all, or at least most of the characters from the books, as they can all be very useful in establishing relations and alliances with certain families, but for now, we haven't went so deep into detail. We have all the wives and daughters of most the families right (I think).

Perhaps, in the future, we will find a way to make male NPCs which would be "companions" in their father's party, for example.

I have created a troop tree for the Vale! Here are some screenshots:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/402/mbwar20101204222856.png

They look a bit too green due to the shields they have shields with the banner of King Graveth from the native module - the bear (I tested the troop tree by replacing King Graveth's Rhodoks with Vale troops). Also, the bare-footed soldiers and the shields with lions on them have already been fixed :)

You can find some more pictures here. I'll make another batch of screenshots, this time using the House Arryn banner.

• 2 weeks later...

Any ideas for the companions?

In the .903 version you could have Littlefinger, Pycelle, Lem, Rorge, Shagga, Hoat and the likes for companions. I think the list needs to be somewhat "filtered" though. Keeping the lower-class companions like some people from the brotherhood without banners, Rorge, Biter and such, and removing all upper-class companions (like Littlefinger and Pycelle, I can't imagine those two in a war zone :)) seems like a good choice for now.

Wouldnt it be better that you make completely new companions? Rorge, Biter, Beric, Thoros, Gendry... they all play a role in the books.

They do, but it's hard to portray their roles. Sure, we might make a "Brotherhood without banners" faction later on, consisting of one party filled with powerful outlaws... but either way, companions are not likely to be included in the first (beta) release, so we'll see what we'll do with them by the time we are done with the more important stuff. For now, the characters from native with some tweaked dialogue should do the trick.

How far are you from relising this mod anyways?

Not so far, really. We have fixed some of the bugs present in the last demo release, but we don't have the troop trees. They are our main problem for now. The mod is now playable, unlike the last release, but is still not polished enough to be considered even a beta version. I had hoped to release some newer version somewhere around this time, but my work has been delayed by the fact that I was unable to use my PC for the past week. Now that it's back I hope to get some work done :)

• 4 weeks later...

I remember a mod in which you could make your own banner. You could try putting that in this mod. Cheers

We might, at a later stage. We're working on merging the little that we have done so far, and releasing a playable demo. It won't be much, we have like two troop trees and three castles done, but it's better than nothing. And, unlike the former version, this one won't suffer from the "surrender or die" bug (thank you Hurleur) :).

Also, work has started on a Castle Black scene. You may see some screenshots here.

Hi all,

Long time player of the original Mount & Blade (with some GFX mods only) and recently discovered GRRM's ASoIaF... WOW! Was there ever a match made in heaven between book and game?! Have been playing an old 'Westeros' mod for Paradox Interactive's Crusader Kings: and although that is brilliant; I really want to swing some Valyrian steel and ride down a Tully Pikeman on my courser :fencing:

Therefore, can I help at all? I am no developer, but have a video editing background, have written some RPG modules/sourcebooks and quite happy to do book research, perhaps on family trees, types of horses, banners etc. Have you seen these excellent images: http://other-in-law.deviantart.com/

Incidentally, are we going to have Valyrian steel weapons that are far superior ; maybe each one uniquely named? That would be nice and would add another 'goal' for player in the game (which if it is like the first one, can be a little too open-ended!)

Anyway, let me know - this would be awesome to behold :bowdown:

Ser Duxbury of Mooretown

Hi all,

Long time player of the original Mount & Blade (with some GFX mods only) and recently discovered GRRM's ASoIaF... WOW! Was there ever a match made in heaven between book and game?! Have been playing an old 'Westeros' mod for Paradox Interactive's Crusader Kings: and although that is brilliant; I really want to swing some Valyrian steel and ride down a Tully Pikeman on my courser :fencing:

Therefore, can I help at all? I am no developer, but have a video editing background, have written some RPG modules/sourcebooks and quite happy to do book research, perhaps on family trees, types of horses, banners etc. Have you seen these excellent images: http://other-in-law.deviantart.com/

Incidentally, are we going to have Valyrian steel weapons that are far superior ; maybe each one uniquely named? That would be nice and would add another 'goal' for player in the game (which if it is like the first one, can be a little too open-ended!)

Anyway, let me know - this would be awesome to behold :bowdown:

Ser Duxbury of Mooretown

Yeah, there were valyrian steel weapons and Rhaegar's armor as "collectibles" in the .903 version, as well as the dragonbone bow, and Needle.

We already done most of the family trees and banners and such, now we just have to make troop trees in order to release what could be considered a beta version. You can find tutorials for troop tree on the Taleworlds forum, but I reccomend using an editor(morghs editor works for me) to mod the .py (python) files for it. Creating new troop trees is pretty straightforward.

This is our thread of the TW forums.

• 5 months later...

Just thought I'd bump this up.

I really need to get my copy of M&B off my neighbour and get playing again - haven't played for a couple of years since the old PC died and the DVD was next door (need to get myself the expansion pack too by the sound of things).

It really is a match made in heaven for ASOIAF if it can be done. Is there a chance that the show might rekindle some flagged interest? or even bring in new expertise?

• 9 months later...

Archived